Weigh In Before First Match IBJJF Style Opinions?

Tyler Bishop - The only reason anyone cuts weight is for an advantage right? So, if you are dehydrated to the point where you are saying that it is dangerous, then DONT DO IT, it's not an advantage anymore is it?

Guess what there are a ton of folks on PED's too, if you want to keep up with everyone else your going to have to not only cut weight, but your going to have to hit the vitamins as well.

Also, while your at it, you mihgt want to quit your job and train full-time, the results speak for themselves.

It's never-ending, at some point you have to just come to terms with the fact that if your jiu jitsu is good it should show. The cream rises to the top and the truth comes out on the mat.

You can justify anything with that kind of logic.

_

It's ok to kill animals to eat the meat, right?

Humans are animals right?

That makes it ok to eat human meat right?

Of course there is plenty of factors that's important but it is not dangerous to train full time. Taking PED's and cutting weight will damage your health.

The way tournaments are run in Brazil (like the IBJJF) is so much more efficient. Keeping guys off the mat area, in a bullpen (only for competitors) and the crowd and coaches in the stands, makes it run so much smoother. And weighing in like that is better too.

Hate weight cutting. Wish all competitions in all sports would do weigh in's right before competing. I think the weight class's should be for the size you compete at not the disappearing act you can do the day before . Phone Post

I like same day weigh ins without the gi. You don't only have to worry about being one pound over but it also doesn't allow people to do crazy cuts.

Double.

HoldYerGround - I like same day weigh ins without the gi. You don't only have to worry about being one pound over but it also doesn't allow people to do crazy cuts.

Same day weigh ins without the gi would destroy half the gi market lol. All those companies advertising their products as a "competition" gi would suddenly have to find some new angle.

James

That isn't true at all. Take five minutes to think about it.