Weigh In sad!!!

Tiresias -
The Winker - Holy fuck I've never seen as many people fail to make weight!! U guys think it has something to do with high elevation bring in Colorado? Phone Post 3.0

Absolutely. The force of gravity, and thus one's weight, increases with elevation in correlation with the greater mass of earth beneath one's feet. On the highest mountains, weight increases so much that it becomes hard to even move, which is why so many people die on peaks like Mt. Everest.

I thought force of gravity would be lighter higher up so you would weigh less which is why objects float in space? I heard you weigh a lot less on the moon than on earth but then again I'm not no scientist Phone Post 3.0

Tiresias - 
GroverSexyArea - 
Seats Taken - 
Tiresias -
The Winker - Holy fuck I've never seen as many people fail to make weight!! U guys think it has something to do with high elevation bring in Colorado? Phone Post 3.0

Absolutely. The force of gravity, and thus one's weight, increases with elevation in correlation with the greater mass of earth beneath one's feet. On the highest mountains, weight increases so much that it becomes hard to even move, which is why so many people die on peaks like Mt. Everest.

Man. That sounds so crazy that I thought it might not be true. But it IS on the Internet, So it must be. Thank you random unknown Internet person. Phone Post 3.0

in Nature, birds - especially high-flying ones - have a special organ in their lungs that absorbs helium (a gas that is lighter than air), which counteracts this phenomenon. that's why birds have high voices. in birds where this organ has been removed, the chirping of birds sounds like whale farts.

in the days of the dinosaurs, there were reptilian birds who had an organ that could do this with hydrogen (which is even much lighter than helium) but when the volcanic period happened, most of these reptilian birds died, from igniting and exploding.

but one of the species survived, by going into the sea, where the hydrogen wouldn't ignite.

This also shows why life on other planets is impossible. Any life that started would instantly be crushed to death under its own weight.

according to today's quantum physics, it IS theoretically possible, but only if they are going back in time.

quantum physics is a whole other ballgame