MMA Underground Forums

Weigh-ins will show how much bigger Brock is

louden swain - Brock has a very long reach...I'm not sure about Shane's but I bet Brock has a pretty good reach adv

Pretty sure Shane has an 80" reach while Brock has an 81" reach.

Won't make a difference

^^ totally agree... people keep talking about Shane but Shane was close to being KO'd by Gonz.

Brock I bet hits twice as hard

louden swain - ^^ totally agree... people keep talking about Shane but Shane was close to being KO'd by Gonz.

Brock I bet hits twice as hard

....maybe four times...LOL

. . .KIRIK IS WATCHING YOU POOP    

hello

Two big, big, boys! Some gets KTFO'D

Jeez Brock fanboys are SENSITIVE around here. I know that he eventually knocked Randy down and finished. BUT Randy looked good against him albeit the smaller size.
Oh and i love how all Lesnar fans are saying the expression "scrambled his eggs" after watching that last Brock hype video.

Brocks size will work against him; there's more of him to punch and he's got a lot of weight to move around.

He may have shown some stamina against other guys but when you're in against someone that throws bombs at your face, you tend to tire a little faster.

Brock does have those skinny legs.

Havok140 - Since when is size the factor that will determine the fight? Couture was waaaaaaay smaller than Brock but hung with him rather well until Brock did his classic "I can't strike with you so to the ground we go" gameplan.

It's not Brock fanboys, it's people who watched the fight.

I think maybe you need to rewatch, yourself.  Brock hurt Randy standing with an elbow, and then dropped him.

Just like he dropped Mir.

Just like he dropped Herring.

I'm not a real big Lesnar fan, but despite looking sloppy, he's outstruck every opponent he's faced.

Thus, I'm not sure how you can really call something a "classic" if it's never happened one time.

I am not contesting Lesnar's skill at all. He is a great wrestler, a decent striker, and a freak of nature in size.

I unlike many Carwin fans will admit that Shane will have his hands full. It probably wont be as easy a fight as Carwin is used to.

Why then are Brock fans not willing to admit that despite his freakish stature and great skill, that except for maybe... MAYBE Mir he has fought mainly older and on their way to being washed up fighters?
Herring was beast striker in the hey day but not the same one when he fought Brock. AND Lesnar did not finish him.
And Couture hung in there like a champ until Brock finally did drop him.
IMO size will not determine this fight but SHIT it's gonna be a war.

Brock is a little taller with bigger arms but Shane legs are much bigger than Brocks. So what does that mean..I don't fucking know. Shane hits way harder than Brock, Mir, Randy, and Heath. He connects flush and its allll ovvver.

Havok140 - I am not contesting Lesnar's skill at all. He is a great wrestler, a decent striker, and a freak of nature in size.

I unlike many Carwin fans will admit that Shane will have his hands full. It probably wont be as easy a fight as Carwin is used to.

Why then are Brock fans not willing to admit that despite his freakish stature and great skill, that except for maybe... MAYBE Mir he has fought mainly older and on their way to being washed up fighters?

Herring was beast striker in the hey day but not the same one when he fought Brock. AND Lesnar did not finish him.

And Couture hung in there like a champ until Brock finally did drop him.

IMO size will not determine this fight but SHIT it's gonna be a war.
Not debating any of that.

You just made the comment that in the Couture fight, he did his "classic" I can't hang with you on the feet so to the ground it goes, and that has no basis in reality, either in that fight, or any of his previous fights.

Brock is alot bigger but shane has proven power. Great fight, cant wait.

Shane has lost significant size throughout his MMA career.