Weighing over?

SO what happens in the UFC if someone weighs over? I know they have a chance to make weight again later but if they don't?

I mean they give you a lb over too.

then either the fight happens at a catch weight or not at all

In tko they give 20% of the purse to the guy who made weight from the other guy's purse and let the guy who made weight decide if he wants to take the fight or not.

some states wont even allow the fighter to re weigh. The UFN at Miramar had a few fighters overweight because the commission wouldnt let anyone on their scale the day of the weigh in. UFC usually has a time scheduled that morning so everyone can check their official weights, and sync their own scales with the official one.

When a few fighters came in 2 pounds, or 1 pounds, or even in one case, half a pound over, the commission refused to let them reweigh saying that he wasnt going to be responsible for a brain injury for guys cutting that extra weight before a fight. So all the fighters said fuck it, cut it anyway just to show their opponents they were honorable, and weighed on their personal scales

Interesting post, kbeezy. I did not know that (about the mirimar weigh ins).

I knew something was up since so many people missed weight.

Its messed up that they didn't let the check their weight before the weight ins. Good to hear the fighters did an 'unofficial' weight in later.

so what happened last night with Price? 7 pounds is huge.

From MMAWeekly:

• Herman agreed to face Price despite the Indiana fighter being seven pounds over the middleweight limit of 185 pounds. When Price thanked Herman for still agreeing to fight, ?Short Fuse? responded, ?You weren?t getting off that easy.?

"So all the fighters said fuck it, cut it anyway just to show their opponents they were honorable, and weighed on their personal scales"

Umm....that's not true. Maybe one of two did, which I didn't notice, but all of them certainly didn't, and I don't know that any of them did.

Oh, and the only thing I know about missing weight was that if the fighter was a pound or less over they would simply take a small fine, but I don't know what is the standard procedure for more than that.