Weight Cut Question ?

I am trying to make weight for tomorrow and am almost there but am dying of tiredness at work. What effect would coffee have on my body? I have 5 more lbs to go which is all water weight so not normally a big deal but I am tired and freezing at work so the coffee would be nice.

I believe caffeine has a (very) slight accelerating effect to metabolism so you could keep that in mind as a plus.

Coffee is almost calorie-less when you don't use additives like milk and sugar. Just drink the coffee black.

Are you completely dehydrated? Only in that case would I avoid it since it is also a diuretic and will make you pee a bit more which isn't the greatest idea if you're low on water.

Not dehydrated at all. Been losing weight just based on diet alone to this point.

I just hate being cold. I am fucking freezing because work keeps offices way too cold and I am probably down to between 4-6% body fat right now.

If you haven't dehydrated at all yet you are laughing. Have a coffee and stay away from large meals today and carbs. No sodium. Coffee or green tea will actually help your cause. Phone Post

Twenty47 - Take a 5 hour energy. In the future invest in injectable b12. Or just suck it up like everyone else lol. Phone Post

Injectable b12?? First I've heard of that. Can you give a quick explaination please?

Thanks Phone Post

do espresso. all the caffeine, no excess liquid

I am not really familiar with that either. I mean the injectable b12.

bizsirker - If you haven't dehydrated at all yet you are laughing. Have a coffee and stay away from large meals today and carbs. No sodium. Coffee or green tea will actually help your cause. Phone Post

Laughing? You mean it is an easy cut from here? I agree if that is what you mean but I normally don't drink coffee at all so was unsure of the effects it would have.

Yeah, have the black coffee man, you'll be cool. I normally have one the day before weigh-ins. Diuretic effect and gives an energy boost. You're close to weight too.

Thanks guys. First weight cut in 3 years so I am a bit nervous. I was always anal about them in teh past but put on more muscle and started the weight cut further in then I normally do.

Black coffee or plain tea (green or black) should be fine today until mid-afternoon if you weigh in tomorrow. If you drink caffeine too late in the afternoon and are not used to it, you might have a hard time sleeping tonight. If you are only five pounds off weight and have not dehydrated yet it sounds like you are in great position to make weight without much trouble Phone Post

Buy you some Albolene.  When you go train tonight, smear it all over your body.  I mean ALL over it.  Butt crack, ball sack, face, neck, legs, etc.  Put on a sauna suit.  Throw on your gi if you have one.  Get a partner and do light grappling for about and hour and you should be on target.  5 pounds is nothing.  You should be able to avoid the suana or steam room totally.  I like to get close to target the night before weighins.  I don't like to worry about making weight the day of weighin.  I've got enough to worry about with the fight looming.  After I've pretty much made weight, I suck on jolly ranchers to combat dry mouth.  Gum works good too.  If you don't drink a lot of water, you're probably piss most of the weight away between today and tomorrow.

My $.02 worth.

John Harris -  Buy you some Albolene.  When you go train tonight, smear it all over your body.  I mean ALL over it.  Butt crack, ball sack, face, neck, legs, etc.  Put on a sauna suit.  Throw on your gi if you have one.  Get a partner and do light grappling for about and hour and you should be on target.  5 pounds is nothing.  You should be able to avoid the suana or steam room totally.  I like to get close to target the night before weighins.  I don't like to worry about making weight the day of weighin.  I've got enough to worry about with the fight looming.  After I've pretty much made weight, I suck on jolly ranchers to combat dry mouth.  Gum works good too.  If you don't drink a lot of water, you're probably piss most of the weight away between today and tomorrow.

My $.02 worth.

Thanks. I went and dug out my sauna suit yesterday and my jar of abolene haha. I was planning on just doing cardio today, but would you suggest rolling over that?

panic686 -
John Harris -  Buy you some Albolene.  When you go train tonight, smear it all over your body.  I mean ALL over it.  Butt crack, ball sack, face, neck, legs, etc.  Put on a sauna suit.  Throw on your gi if you have one.  Get a partner and do light grappling for about and hour and you should be on target.  5 pounds is nothing.  You should be able to avoid the suana or steam room totally.  I like to get close to target the night before weighins.  I don't like to worry about making weight the day of weighin.  I've got enough to worry about with the fight looming.  After I've pretty much made weight, I suck on jolly ranchers to combat dry mouth.  Gum works good too.  If you don't drink a lot of water, you're probably piss most of the weight away between today and tomorrow.

My $.02 worth.

Thanks. I went and dug out my sauna suit yesterday and my jar of abolene haha. I was planning on just doing cardio today, but would you suggest rolling over that?

5 lbs is not that hard but any weight to cut is a bitch. Put on albolene or sweet sweat, a gi and go over some techniques for an hour and that should be 3-4lbs. Sleep and that's another 1lb. Good luck Phone Post

Twenty47 - Take a 5 hour energy. In the future invest in injectable b12. Or just suck it up like everyone else lol. Phone Post

they also have caffeine free 5hour energy now Phone Post

My $.02 worth.

Good advice!

B12 will force you to retain water...save that for after the water cut Phone Post

Twenty47 - 
panic686 - Not dehydrated at all. Been losing weight just based on diet alone to this point.

I just hate being cold. I am fucking freezing because work keeps offices way too cold and I am probably down to between 4-6% body fat right now.
Doubt you are anywhere near 4% bf. Phone Post

I am 6'2" and weigh 160.2 lbs right now. Do you really think I can have all that much body fat on me? Even at 175, I believe I am under 10% judging by the fact I can see my abs.

Twenty47 - 
panic686 -
Twenty47 - 
panic686 - Not dehydrated at all. Been losing weight just based on diet alone to this point.

Doubt you are anywhere near 4% bf. Phone Post

I am 6'2" and weigh 160.2 lbs right now. Do you really think I can have all that much body fat on me? Even at 175, I believe I am under 10% judging by the fact I can see my abs.
Under 10 and 4-6 are totally different. People who get to 4% bf are champion bodybuilders with phd level knowledge on nutrition. You clearly don't posses this knowledge or this thread wouldn't exist. No offense just saying. And if you did you would know 4% would be a disadvantage for fighting. You can have abs at 12-13%. Some even higher based on genetics but they are usually way larger and muscular Phone Post

When I wrestled in high school, we did the bf% thing and I was deemed to be at 5% according to their measures. I am heavier now because of muscle gain but not a lot of composition has changed. I will take yo uat your word, but I really have so little fat on my body right now that it is a bit ridiculous.

kid chaos - 
panic686 -

My $.02 worth.

5 lbs is not that hard but any weight to cut is a bitch. Put on albolene or sweet sweat, a gi and go over some techniques for an hour and that should be 3-4lbs. Sleep and that's another 1lb. Good luck Phone Post
It's that simple.  I do light rolling because just straight cardio is boring to me.  The trick is to find somebody that you trust to work with.  Just roll "Light", lots of movement and technique.  You don't want to injure or reaggravate anything so close to the fight.  Stay away from 12 dudes doing round robin on you while trying to pull your arms off and choke to to sleep.  The trick is to do as little as possible while sweating as much as you can. 

Do that, wake up, take a piss and you should be real close to weight.  I tried the sauna to drop weight at the beginning of my career and I'll never do that again.  For my body, I feel a lot better dropping weight gradually over a couple of days rather than dropping a whole shitload 2 hours before weighins and potentially missing weight and having to deal with all the BS.

Good luck man!