And to answer your running question, as far as I
know (haven't seen every study out there) there is
only anecdotal evidence that running is better in
the AM, rather than the PM. If running in the PM is
for you, and you stick to it, that seems to me to be
more important than when.

Good luck.

Chuck

You put on 40 pounds of muscle???? Hummmm.

And you need to ask us about how often to lift?

You need to write a book on lifting...

"You put on 40 pounds of muscle???? Hummmm"

Yes I did actually...i started off at 135 and now weigh 175. I am also 17 years old now so im probly just naturally putting on muscle weight that male teens tend to put on around this age (even if i werent working out), then add the weight lifting and it makes sense, believe it or not its up to u i really dont care. And no i actually dont know all that much about weight lifting as i said, i just followed my trainer's program and diet exactly as he wrote it and i got great results...

...But anyway Chuck i must thankyou so much for all your help and your time i can't thank u enough. And thanks for the site suggestions it really helps out... i will give ur training suggestion a try it seems great. The problem that i have right now is my boxing coach is great for technique and such, but the getting in shape aspect he is not so great at givin advice (being pretty out of shape himself), and well my weight lifting trainer is more geared towards body building and isnt as great to relate it to boxing.. so ya u really helped me out actually:D
Thanks again i got alot more out of this thread then i though i would lol.

Guys in their teens pack on 50% of their overall muscle mass during the end of after puberty. This will occur naturally and if you train a lot you can pack on a lot.

I put on 28lbs in 3 or 2.5yrs. Trained rather sloppy for the first year or so with machines and stuff. Learnt more about it and got more serious and then by accident found my OL coach and packed on a lot of muscle mass. Saw amazing gains in strength and speed.

Koing