Weightlifting for MMA training??

WTF is a Hindu pushup?

Toddseney: I fear you are correct, Ronin has obviously read one too many copies of Flex magazine.

Robbie H, I don't deny weights MAY give you SOME slight increases in power short term, but long term you will end up a cripple. Switch to hindu push ups if you want to improve. The bench press never won a fight.

El Guapo, thank you for telling me this was a troll job, cause you saved me a lot of frustration.

It's just hard to tell on the UG when people are trolling or genuinely stupid.

Ronin, I am actually genuinely stupid, although on this occassion I was also trolling. My apologies.

Detecting written sarcasm requires above-average reading comprehension skills.

"Detecting written sarcasm requires above-average reading comprehension skills. "

Agreed, if the author actually knew how to write.

I can't hear what your saying with that hook in your mouth.

What an honor this must be for you.

Not quite. Think harder next time.

weightlifting helps, just don't concentrate on bodybuilding routines.

lol

"there was a time when stregth was supposed to not matter in fighting, only technique mattered.Those days are long gone.Now it is important to be accomplished in both areas, to be the BEST"

takin right from bas's big book of combat, your muscles need to be conditioned, not big....big muscles are for bodybuilders...

i use bas's workout, and its great im getting good results from it.

ttt

Juninho, you do realize that many, many succesful fighters and athletes train w/ weights right ? I guess you hindu pushups have brought you MUCH more success than guys like Evander Holyfield, Couture, Vanderlei Silva, etc. Wow, you're an animal.

"I also found that calistinics (sorry spelling) are one of the best things to increase strength when it comes to grappling. Rickson never lifted weights and is one of the strongest 185 ever."

????
Yea, I saw Rickson at that one USAPL push-pull meet:
putting up 922 pounds in the deadlift and 700 in the bench does make him the strongest at 185 ever.
And he was using very little gear too.

Thank you.I wasn't sure what path too take.

aaron i think the guy is trying to compare gym strength and mat strength in a real stupid/ sarcastic way.

it was a real dumb post. dont worry about him.

OK guys just flush the bloody tampons andget a new one.

Rickson benching 700!!!!! is this guy for real or just trolling down a river of BS?

"liftin' weights will make ya biggah,
lift me you'll be a dead ass niggah"

http://satanjr.com/0105/bling.jpg