Weili's translator

At first he couldn't translate last words that Weili said, kept repeating that he was too excited then Joe told him get it together bro and all of a sudden the guy started speaking in Louis Armstrong voice! I thought it was hilarious haha 

3 Likes

Good catch. I'd love to know what was going through Joe's mind at the time, and if a producer was yelling in his ear.

1 Like

Time to fire that translator and get someone else next time

touch -

At first he couldn't translate last words that Weili said, kept repeating that he was too excited then Joe told him get it together bro and all of a sudden the guy started speaking in Louis Armstrong voice! I thought it was hilarious haha 

I think the poor guy had an anxiety attack and locked up on camera.

I felt sorry for him, and then the "Louis Armstrong" voice kicked in lol. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8PxXi39FD4

The ufc should be have their own professional translators for the fighters. It's always weird someone from their camp attempts to translate. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c8paxCFQsM

That guy is awesome. That shit was funny 

2 Likes

In his defence, we all get too excited at times and Weili was speaking for like a minute straight, God damn have some mercy on translators!

But yeah, this is the first time ever I see someone coping with stress by putting on a Louis Armstrong act

4 Likes

The guy was fine. I’m sure the ufc likes free translators that actually know the people they are representing and there’s no confusion on slang and dialect. Fucking people will complain about everything. 

3 Likes

Can someone post the video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXoCvsFK_A0

2 Likes

He needed water. Dry mouth. Over excited. He almost started crying. 

that was a fucking war he just witnessed. 

5 Likes

Lol @ Armstrong

1 Like

I felt bad for the guy lol

1 Like

i can tell you what, the opening he translated for joe was WRONG.

i would do it for them for free and promise to translate not what they said, but what they should say. (note to CCP)

thank you.

I was high as fuck at this point but it seemed to me that the translator took over and joe just started interviewing him.

1 Like

No wonder she's trying to learn English ??

FCTV808 -

i would do it for them for free and promise to translate not what they said, but what they should say. (note to CCP)

thank you.

What exactly was said.  I also hear so many wrong translations when translators do Japanese translatiosn for English speaking fighters  

mmashburn85 -

No wonder she's trying to learn English ??

That's exactly what I was going to say.

FCTV808 -

thank you.

What exactly was said? I hear this so many times when the translator translates wrong for English speaking fighters here in Japan. No wonder she's so adamant to learn English fast!!!LOL