Weird social network beef of the week

yeah somebody linked me in on Twitter and now I get to read all their fighting on my Twitter feed. >_<

Hey, Paige and Rachael have skills!  Rachael won a few fights in the UFC!

The same for men. Remember " built like a fighter"?

True Dat Rox, but only Pearl can boast that she gave a sofa in a crack-houseHepatitis...

The UFC should toss all female fights except the title matches and any fight with female fighters in the top 5 back to invicta to be decided.

stainlesssteel -

Yet again, two fighters desperately in the need of the UG Social Media Rapid Response Team. First of all give Blades major props for actually engaging in a debate and not just telling Gonzales to bite his nutz. You know and I know that is usually the standard social media response.

2nd, both of these fighters need to realize that on the social media battlefield, it's not about who's right or who's wrong, IT'S ABOUT WHO CAN GET IN THE BEST ZINGER!!

All Blades had to do is tell Gonzales, 'excuse me pumpkin, but I was actually referring to attractive women.'

Also 100% agree with this post:

I don't know if people remember or not but GSP claimed he lifted weights purely for physical appearance because it helped his marketability and made him $$ and it did not make him a better fighter. He profited quite a bit off his look. Luke rockhold is out there profiting off his body. Probably other examples out there. Sexyama was gifted huge fights and main card slots that his appearance helped him get. 

I don't think this is purely a problem with women's sports. 

Actually personally I don't think it's a problem at all, I'm totally cool with it for both genders. I do like Blaydes but think in this case he should just shut up. 

blaydes isnt complaining about profitting off their bodies, hes complaining about getting main card spots JUST for sex appeal and not based on thier MMA skills. GSP, Rockhold and Sexyama got their fights becasue they were good fighters.

good point!

A woman should be allowed to feel empowered by her body. She should also retain the right to defend herself. Anyone who thinks she is asking for it, why don't you ask why the people who are bothering her are like this? I'm sure she has a personality beyond her body - but when you are treated as nothing more its a bit degrading. She can have her cake and eat it too, imo.

There should be a balance here, but Blaydes doesn't seem to view others' perspectives much. Esecially since he is not a woman, how would he know? Maybe a white fighter should talk to him about being black and see how he responds.

TheGrandConjuration -
stainlesssteel -

Yet again, two fighters desperately in the need of the UG Social Media Rapid Response Team. First of all give Blades major props for actually engaging in a debate and not just telling Gonzales to bite his nutz. You know and I know that is usually the standard social media response.

2nd, both of these fighters need to realize that on the social media battlefield, it's not about who's right or who's wrong, IT'S ABOUT WHO CAN GET IN THE BEST ZINGER!!

All Blades had to do is tell Gonzales, 'excuse me pumpkin, but I was actually referring to attractive women.'

Also 100% agree with this post:

I don't know if people remember or not but GSP claimed he lifted weights purely for physical appearance because it helped his marketability and made him $$ and it did not make him a better fighter. He profited quite a bit off his look. Luke rockhold is out there profiting off his body. Probably other examples out there. Sexyama was gifted huge fights and main card slots that his appearance helped him get. 

I don't think this is purely a problem with women's sports. 

Actually personally I don't think it's a problem at all, I'm totally cool with it for both genders. I do like Blaydes but think in this case he should just shut up. 

blaydes isnt complaining about profitting off their bodies, hes complaining about getting main card spots JUST for sex appeal and not based on thier MMA skills. GSP, Rockhold and Sexyama got their fights becasue they were good fighters.

That's not all he's complaining about

"Being overly sexualized by fans/media but then at the same time many of them are profiting off said sexualization thru media endorsements, high profile placement on fight cards, and overall popularity which leads to many other financial opportunities.

if that’s how a female wants to pay her bills thru her body which is what many strippers do and I have no problem with either hustle but you can’t live life that way and expect to garner the same type of respect and love that real grinders get."

He compares MMA fighters who use sex appeal to strippers, why else cite the comparison?

He says they should expect the same type of respect because they do not have that real grind.

He complains that it helps them benefit.

I think Curtis is one of those gentlemen who was simply raised to view women in a certain light.

This is a fact in many sports... 

and its ok...

dont hate the player, hate the game

Women want to be celebrated on the same level as men for their athletic achievements. The minute those achievements don't stack up they go the sexual route. I don't care just as long as we all (men/women) call it for what it is. 

Hot girls get more breaks than ugly girls?

Hmmm, never heard of that before!