Weirdest interactions you’ve had during Covid 19

Now that the social norm has changed, and we’re 6 feet apart from eachother at all times. What is the weirdest encounter/interaction you’ve had with a stranger during the pandemic?

I have two.

The first one happened about two weeks ago. I held a door open for a 40-50 year old guy leaving a store with a mask and dishwashing gloves on. I stood behind the door because I saw his mask and gloves, and wanted to be respectful. So, I was behind the pane of glass holding it open so he could walk through. He stopped dead in his tracks. Stood there and stared at me without saying anything. Then backed up quickly about 10 feet away like I had Leprosy and scabby sores on my face and arms. 

I let the door close and backed up so he could walk through. He didn’t budge. So I decided enough is enough and walked inside the store and made a point of staying 10 feet away from the guy. 

I sympathize with the guy as I type this out. Maybe he has a sick mother or father, maybe he has an auto immune disorder, maybe he was stressed to his limit shopping for his family. Hell, maybe he had the corona... 

It just seems bizarre that holding a door open for somebody is wrong now.

Second one happened about two weeks ago too. Went into the Pharmacy to reup on multi vitamins. Was waiting in line at one of the 6 foot spacers. An employee said “can I sneak past you?” I said sure and didn’t move, as she was at the other six foot spacer. We were social distanced already, and I thought she was gonna invade my bubble. Upon my lack of movement, she did a weird side shuffle on her 6 foot spacer while I stood 6 feet away wondering what the fuck was going on. In January “can I sneak past you” meant almost rubbing shoulders with somebody who was in your way. Now it means can I do a side shuffle 6 feet away from you... I guess. 

People were already entitled and anxious before the Covid, now it’s amplified.  My grocery store felt like I was in China. Everyone is worried about themselves running into each other with their heads down, no smiles, nothing. 

1 Like

shrug

AndrewWilshere - shrug

knockoutfighter -

People were already entitled and anxious before the Covid, now it’s amplified.  My grocery store felt like I was in China. Everyone is worried about themselves running into each other with their heads down, no smiles, nothing. 

I don’t see amplified entitlement at all. Care to explain an example? 

I was hiking my local mountain & a gal and her dog had passed me on the way up. No biggie though.
Typically I rarely get passed as I’m a pretty quick hiker. An hour later or a couple miles Up the trail
I’m stopping & off trail to hit my mj pipe. I kinda hike off to a good vantage point & chill.

This girl is around and she asks her dog if he wants to look ! I’m at a nice view point. Again about 20 yards off trail. She comes near me but still 10 ft away. She starts conversation.. a nice fit girl but very skinny. She seems cool
We talk casually she is scared of the corona , she’s a vet , has ptsd. Her dog is really cool.
He’s a service dog & she introduces herself ! Comes right over to me and reaches out her hand.
It was so bizarre I reached out & shook her fucking hand. We had just been talking about social distancing

It was like being approached by a black eyed child & trying not to engage ! I had / have been social distancing so it was very weird for me !

At that point I was like fuck it. I gave her my # and we texted a bit.

rhino x2 - I was hiking my local mountain & a gal and her dog had passed me on the way up. No biggie though.
Typically I rarely get passed as I’m a pretty quick hiker. An hour later or a couple miles Up the trail
I’m stopping & off trail to hit my mj pipe. I kinda hike off to a good vantage point & chill.

This girl is around and she asks her dog if he wants to look ! I’m at a nice view point. Again about 20 yards off trail. She comes near me but still 10 ft away. She starts conversation.. a nice fit girl but very skinny. She seems cool
We talk casually she is scared of the corona , she’s a vet , has ptsd. Her dog is really cool.
He’s a service dog & she introduces herself ! Comes right over to me and reaches out her hand.
It was so bizarre I reached out & shook her fucking hand. We had just been talking about social distancing

It was like being approached by a black eyed child & trying not to engage ! I had / have been social distancing so it was very weird for me !

Good story man. 

I feel for all you single guys during this shit. Must be damn near impossible to get laid. 

Crazy that handshakes give people anxiety now. We hired a new guy 3 weeks ago, and he refused my fist bump, then refused an elbow bump, and went in for a “foot tap”. He lost my respect right off the hop, and as it turns out he’s a shitty worker. First impressions are sometimes accurate. Met a builder we just started working for on Friday, and I went in for a fist bump after exchanging names. He extended the handshake instead and I shook his hand like a man. He said something like “oh yeah, Covid” and wiped his hand on his shirt. I respect him much more than foot tap guy. Foot tap guy has already alienated himself in our crew, and eats his lunch alone in his wife’s car. Never foot tap somebody to introduce yourself... At least be man enough to give a fist bump. 

1 Like

RosieODonnellsQueef - 
rhino x2 - I was hiking my local mountain & a gal and her dog had passed me on the way up. No biggie though.

Good story man. 

I feel for all you single guys during this shit. Must be damn near impossible to get laid. 

Crazy that handshakes give people anxiety now. We hired a new guy 3 weeks ago, and he refused my fist bump, then refused an elbow bump, and went in for a “foot tap”. He lost my respect right off the hop, and as it turns out he’s a shitty worker. First impressions are sometimes accurate. Met a builder we just started working for on Friday, and I went in for a fist bump after exchanging names. He extended the handshake instead and I shook his hand like a man. He said something like “oh yeah, Covid” and wiped his hand on his shirt. I respect him much more than foot tap guy. Foot tap guy has already alienated himself in our crew, and eats his lunch alone in his wife’s car. Never foot tap somebody to introduce yourself... At least be man enough to give a fist bump. 

Haha foot tapper sounds like a total bitch. I’d of done the fist bump bro ! I was a big fist bumper the last few years , but I will probably avoid that & for sure handshakes in the future. We gotta be smart in the Covid era.

I agree single would be rough right now. I’ve got a few girls I’ve been seeing the last couple years so I’m lucky I’m still getting laid a couple times a week. I’m kinda scared though. The younger lady I fuck occasionally seems to be more naive & stupid all the time.
She Was telling me about her family reunion over the holiday. When she told me all the people she was hanging out with I though oh fuck this !
The other girl I see on the regular is a borderline shut in. She comes over once a week to hang & bang. Lots of girls on tinder right now, but I’m not eager to meet new people.

RosieODonnellsQueef - 

Now that the social norm has changed, and we’re 6 feet apart from eachother at all times. What is the weirdest encounter/interaction you’ve had with a stranger during the pandemic?

I have two.

The first one happened about two weeks ago. I held a door open for a 40-50 year old guy leaving a store with a mask and dishwashing gloves on. I stood behind the door because I saw his mask and gloves, and wanted to be respectful. So, I was behind the pane of glass holding it open so he could walk through. He stopped dead in his tracks. Stood there and stared at me without saying anything. Then backed up quickly about 10 feet away like I had Leprosy and scabby sores on my face and arms. 

I let the door close and backed up so he could walk through. He didn’t budge. So I decided enough is enough and walked inside the store and made a point of staying 10 feet away from the guy. 

I sympathize with the guy as I type this out. Maybe he has a sick mother or father, maybe he has an auto immune disorder, maybe he was stressed to his limit shopping for his family. Hell, maybe he had the corona... 

It just seems bizarre that holding a door open for somebody is wrong now.

I had to be at a hospital for something and we had to wait in line just to be screened.

They had lines painted on the ground every 2 meters to let people know where to stand.

The guy behind me kept walking up behind me and I told him twice to step back to his line.

Finally a 3rd time he snuck up on me and I turned to him and told him if he does it again he'll be unconscious and then I told him to get his @$$ back to his line because no body likes a habitual line stepper.

Some dude about 2 people ahead of me stepped out and said, "You tell him, Charlie Murphy!"

We both had a laugh.

Anyway, the guy apolgized and said he just wanted to see how long the line was and he was nervous. 

So I told him, "Chill Daddy" and then it's going to be ok, but we all have to play by the rules now to be safe.

At that point the guy ahead of me laughed and yelled, "You're on fire!"

Anyway, we all started talking and the one dude was ok after that and the other one kept saying internet memes to me.

1 Like
RosieODonnellsQueef -

Good story man. 

Way back in the 90's when I was getting recruited to play college ball, I met a head coach, we shook hands. I come from working dad is or rather was, a logger. Vice hands. I was always raised that you gave a solid, firm handshake. This coach gives me a limp ass hand shake. I decided right then and there, I wouldn't go to school there.

About 2 months later, the guy steps down from the coaching job, and announces he has terminal cancer. Died like a year later. 

I learned a valuable lesson, shit like that, isn't how you judge someones character.

People are walking around acting like the air is fucking poison. It's absolutely fucking ridiculous.

I've gone for walks in public - without a mask because it's fucking ridiculous - and have gotten so many dirty looks. People practically sprint away. It's amazing how sheepish people are. 

It's absolutely fucking pathetic.

Hey - you fucking idiots. It turns out CV19 has an infection fatality rate probably around 0.10% - comparable to the flu. Not only that but a bunch of these fucking morons probably have had it already and are immune already. They just didn't realize.

The air isn't fucking poison. 

The hysteria is breathtaking. I have no idea when it will end. Hopefully when it warms up and people stop acting like such fucking pussies. 

3 Likes

RosieODonnellsQueef - 

Good story man. 

Lol good story dude

The people driving on the interstate with masks and gloves. Ridiculous!

3 Likes

clattymine -
knockoutfighter -

I don’t see amplified entitlement at all. Care to explain an example? 

just people acting like complete morons in general... at the stores, grocery, and even on the road.  Selfish would have been a better word than entitled. 

watching people with masks and gloves that have no clue what they're for or how to use them has been sad. I'm soooooo tempted to make fun of people who look at me for not wearing a mask while thier holding their cell phone up thiers.

Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -

LOL this one is funny.