Welcome "Crazy Mike" Mike Mucitelli to the UG

BW92 - I remember you were supposed to fight Dan McGuane, sucks it got pulled but that guy shouldn't expect to make a living in MMA. You from MA/New England? Phone Post

Actually I am from NY.. the forbidden zone of MMA. I was amped to fight McGuane. Having it cancelled was the weirdest experience of my life. Found out my fight was cancelled via twitter. Phone Post

Welcome, Crazy Mike. That's a pretty ironic nickname. You seem like a pretty reasonable fellow to me.

I have a couple questions for you while I have your attention.

I'm curious, why you haven't fought more recently. Was it Bellator's season gap?

Also, how frequently will you be fighting this season, and against what kind of comp? I think you're one of a few LHW's in Bellator with potential but who are too short on wins of quality to warrant a tourney inclusion. Will you be getting busy with a couple fights of higher difficulty this season to build up your resume? I think that should be the plan, if healthy. Then you'd be one of the top candidates for the following season's tourney.

FixedPartialArts - Welcome, Crazy Mike. That's a pretty ironic nickname. You seem like a pretty reasonable fellow to me.

I'm curious, why you haven't fought more recently. Was it Bellator's season gap?

Also, how frequently will you be fighting this season, and against what kind of comp? I think you're one of a few LHW's in Bellator with potential but who are too short on wins of quality to warrant a tourney inclusion. Will you be getting busy with a couple fights of higher difficulty this season to build up your resume? I think that should be the plan, if healthy. Then you'd be one of the top candidates for the following season's tourney.

Haha thanks, the nickname was kind of... given to me by the head instructor at our school. I just am of the school that you go with what you're given rather than choosing your own to prevent a flock of fighters named "supreme ultimate badass assassin crusher doom death man". It's certainly wasn't my favorite choice, but I've grown to love it.

After last fight there were just some pent up injuries that needed to be taken care of, that mixed in with the break for the summer series, seemed like a good time to take a little heal period, then jump back in. I never stop training, 7 days a week year round, so even if I can't get something scheduled, I'm still training and helping others in fight camp at my school.

I'll be fighting as often as possible this season. Next fight is coming up at Bellator 98 with Nader, should be a war. He's got a ton of experience and is tough as nails, so I'm looking forward to a serious challenge. (Plus he'll have the UG..maybe more OG) I want to keep stepping up as I go, I definitely think I'm ready to prove myself against the next level of competition. But with 2 title fights already waiting, it will probably be a little bit before the next tourney, so I'm definitely going to stay busy, like you said, to get that number and quality record up. I appreciate the support man!

CrazyMikeMMA -
BW92 - I remember you were supposed to fight Dan McGuane, sucks it got pulled but that guy shouldn't expect to make a living in MMA. You from MA/New England? Phone Post

Actually I am from NY.. the forbidden zone of MMA. I was amped to fight McGuane. Having it cancelled was the weirdest experience of my life. Found out my fight was cancelled via twitter. Phone Post

Mike is an ambassador for NY MMA. He spoke to Lorenzo in Syracuse during an MMA press tour, wearing a Bellator shirt. Phone Post

bearockbrobama -
CrazyMikeMMA -

Mike is an ambassador for NY MMA. He spoke to Lorenzo in Syracuse during an MMA press tour, wearing a Bellator shirt. Phone Post

That was definitely an awkward experience...
I try to mobilize what little pull I have to get a lot of information and movement out there for MMA in NY movement, and you can be sure when the time comes around again, I'll have who to contact and bombard with what when. Phone Post

http://imgur.com/tvPyNhw

Blue Help Phone Post

CrazyMikeMMA - 
FixedPartialArts - Welcome, Crazy Mike. That's a pretty ironic nickname. You seem like a pretty reasonable fellow to me.

Haha thanks, the nickname was kind of... given to me by the head instructor at our school. I just am of the school that you go with what you're given rather than choosing your own to prevent a flock of fighters named "supreme ultimate badass assassin crusher doom death man". It's certainly wasn't my favorite choice, but I've grown to love it.

After last fight there were just some pent up injuries that needed to be taken care of, that mixed in with the break for the summer series, seemed like a good time to take a little heal period, then jump back in. I never stop training, 7 days a week year round, so even if I can't get something scheduled, I'm still training and helping others in fight camp at my school.

I'll be fighting as often as possible this season. Next fight is coming up at Bellator 98 with Nader, should be a war. He's got a ton of experience and is tough as nails, so I'm looking forward to a serious challenge. (Plus he'll have the UG..maybe more OG) I want to keep stepping up as I go, I definitely think I'm ready to prove myself against the next level of competition. But with 2 title fights already waiting, it will probably be a little bit before the next tourney, so I'm definitely going to stay busy, like you said, to get that number and quality record up. I appreciate the support man!

Thanks for response.

So it's kind of good that the season break wasn't holding you back. I really think Bellator should get rid of that.

So, there will be some UG on UG crime going down. Nader is a step up. Then another fight that's a step up before the end of the season, hopefully. Then, maybe they'll have another tourney, that's of 8-men this time. They'd have had time to develop more depth including guys like you.

Good luck in your upcoming fights, and keep drilling that wrestling. You have good jits off your back, but let's face it, it's hard winning fights there these days as you move further up the ladder.

FixedPartialArts -
CrazyMikeMMA - 

Haha thanks, the nickname was kind of... given to me by the head instructor at our school. I just am of the school that you go with what you're given rather than choosing your own to prevent a flock of fighters named "supreme ultimate badass assassin crusher doom death man". It's certainly wasn't my favorite choice, but I've grown to love it. After last fight there were just some pent up injuries that needed to be taken care of, that mixed in with the break for the summer series, seemed like a good time to take a little heal period, then jump back in. I never stop training, 7 days a week year round, so even if I can't get something scheduled, I'm still training and helping others in fight camp at my school. I'll be fighting as often as possible this season. Next fight is coming up at Bellator 98 with Nader, should be a war. He's got a ton of experience and is tough as nails, so I'm looking forward to a serious challenge. (Plus he'll have the UG..maybe more OG) I want to keep stepping up as I go, I definitely think I'm ready to prove myself against the next level of competition. But with 2 title fights already waiting, it will probably be a little bit before the next tourney, so I'm definitely going to stay busy, like you said, to get that number and quality record up. I appreciate the support man!

Thanks for response.

So it's kind of good that the season break wasn't holding you back. I really think Bellator should get rid of that.

So, there will be some UG on UG crime going down. Nader is a step up. Then another fight that's a step up before the end of the season, hopefully. Then, maybe they'll have another tourney, that's of 8-men this time. They'd have had time to develop more depth including guys like you.

Good luck in your upcoming fights, and keep drilling that wrestling. You have good jits off your back, but let's face it, it's hard winning fights there these days as you move further up the ladder.

Haha - yup. That's why we brought in 2 new wrestling coaches. Last fight I fought off the takedown, trying now to get it so I dictate when the fight goes to the ground and on what terms. Lookin forward to bringing some fighting on here that isn't "ufc vs bellator" or "ronda vs not ronda" Phone Post