Welcome home Andy!!!!!

they never should have let you go! back in pinstripes where you belong

So you're backing off your claim that Javier Vazquez was a better deal for them?

j/k

I'm not real happy to see him go, but I'm glad the Astros made a legit offer and didn't try to outbid the Yankees. I'd love to see him pitching in Houston next year, but not the next two years at 16 per.

"So you're backing off your claim that Javier Vazquez was a better deal for them?"

wow, totally forgot about that but i vaguely remember thinking it was a better deal AT THAT TIME, he was younger and not nearly as injury prone. don't get me wrong, pettite is in my top 3 favorite yankees of all time but they made the right move, he wasn't exactly a world beater for the astros and was constantly hurt. they overpaid for him now but its worth it to see him back where he belongs

No, he really wasn't. He had a great 2/3 of 2005, and finished the year 17-9 with a 2.39 ERA. 2004 was a wreck. And in '06, he actually led the majors in starts but was average most of the time. Frankly, sometimes I think his greatest contribution to the Astros was bringing along his buddy Roger. He would be a solid #2 to slide in behind Roy Oswalt, but he simply isn't worth what Houston would have had to pay him. Oh well. Best of luck to him.

Is Clemens next?

hopefully

fuck clemens that piece of shit, i don't want him back

"fuck clemens that piece of shit, i don't want him back"

I bet Brian Cashman thinks otherwise.

I think it'll be a good race this year with the yanks/sox.

"I think it'll be a good race this year with the yanks/sox."

if the redsox staying close until august and then being 12 games back in september as usual is "good", then i guess your correct

haha! Naw. I'm expecting a good staff again this year, so it'll be more
like 2004. ;)

ttt

"if the redsox staying close until august and then being 12 games back in september as usual is "good", then i guess your correct"

I don't think the Red Sox are very close, and it's not even August yet..........

Like I said, I was expecting a good pitching staff. They match up great with everybody in a playoff series because of that staff. Nevermind the fact that Lester will be back by then...

Schill - Beckett - Dice K - Lester (as yur playoff starters)

Wakefield - Tavarez - Donnelly - Timlin - Okajima - Palpebon - Etc in the pen

And the offense is good enough to usually provide run support against any pitcher and Manny, Lugo, and Drew haven't really started hitting yet either.

It's a good time to be a Sox fan. I just hope it holds. :)