Well, gonna start BJJ at 35 years old.

I'm about to turn 35 in 2 weeks and I've decided to start BJJ as a form of fitness/skill.

I have never enjoyed typical Gym workouts and the last time I enjoyed fitness at all was when I was going to Ultimate Fitness in 2006-2007, back when classes were taught by Urijah, James Irvin and Scott Smith, but all I did then was the boxing/kickboxing and conditioning classes, I was always intimidated by BJJ. Fuck it, I'm doing it.

I got caught up in career, marriage and kids, but things are smoothing out to where I have time/money to train.

Unfortunately I don't live in Sacramento anymore, now I'm in Cheyenne, Wyoming and there is only one school in town.

$80/month seems decently priced but I wouldn't really know either way.

I don't know anything about BJJ schools, any red flags to look for when starting out?

Thanks Phone Post 3.0

I started at 31 it's a good thing bro you will be fine Phone Post 3.0

Don't think there's anything unusual about starting at 35. Go for it!

Dewit. Enjoy. Phone Post 3.0

Politically Incorrect - P.s. I turned out fine.
Pics or it didn't happen Phone Post 3.0

Don't break your hip old man Phone Post 3.0

I do a blog for people new to BJJ.

I hope you dig it:
http://whitebeltsurvivalstrategy.blogspot.com/

10 years ago I'm a 19 year old white belt. I come in to noon class on a Saturday, hung over and stoned. No one is there except for my sensei and some guy he's rolling with that I can't really see. I put my gi on, get warmed up, and get yelled at to come spar with Bob. I run my ass over to the mats and meet Bob, the 80 year old blue belt. Instant relief. "Whew! Kinda partied too hard last night for this black belt owning fucker to beat my ass soon as I walk in the door, I'll take it easy with Bob."...Only Bob did not take it easy on me. He was the Lion. I was the gazelle. He smelled blood. His teeth were a Kimura grip I had never experienced before. A new type of dad strength: grandad strength. That old fuck jumped guard and latched onto a kimura so fuckin fast I barely had time to grab my belt. I spent half the round defending my arm. Never worried about age again after that. It's just a number. Phone Post 3.0

I started at 35; 41 now. Like everyone, I wish I started when I was younger; but very glad I started when I did. Phone Post 3.0

GLHF

Meastt - I'm about to turn 35 in 2 weeks and I've decided to start BJJ as a form of fitness/skill.

I have never enjoyed typical Gym workouts and the last time I enjoyed fitness at all was when I was going to Ultimate Fitness in 2006-2007, back when classes were taught by Urijah, James Irvin and Scott Smith, but all I did then was the boxing/kickboxing and conditioning classes, I was always intimidated by BJJ. Fuck it, I'm doing it.

I got caught up in career, marriage and kids, but things are smoothing out to where I have time/money to train.

Unfortunately I don't live in Sacramento anymore, now I'm in Cheyenne, Wyoming and there is only one school in town.

$80/month seems decently priced but I wouldn't really know either way.

I don't know anything about BJJ schools, any red flags to look for when starting out?

Thanks Phone Post 3.0

I started at 46. You are just a young pup

Good for you mate, it will enhance your life!

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome - 
Politically Incorrect - I didn't start masterbating til I was 7. Some would say I was a little late to that ball game.

i had my first BJ at , what, 15

I was 14 the first time I beat off, so late to the party that most people don't even believe me.

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome - 
Politically Incorrect - I didn't start masterbating til I was 7. Some would say I was a little late to that ball game.

i had my first BJ at , what, 15

Best birthday present your uncle ever gave you! ;P

Work on mobility and take care of your body. Have fun. Accept the fact that you'll get beat up. Embrace it. Learn. Profit. Rise. Phone Post 3.0

my fren, somebody have for tell you the truth. you gonna get smash really bad. lolol have fun

1. go for it

2. $80 is a great price

3. Remember to find somewhere you're comfortable. Take a class or two at a few different schools, go with where feels like home.

Started a couple of months ago (32). I love it, the guys are all great showing you when you're going wrong and that but not treating you like a child and going embarrassingly easy on you. I've nursed a couple of injuries so far. But nothing too serious the worst happens last night came down an my arm funny. Injuries are to be expect when doing new things with your body I'm sure. I'm still getting my ass whopped but also starting to tap guys. That gets you pumped to keep going and injuries get you itching to get back to it. Haha in short I fricking love it. Go for it you won't regret it. I made a thread when I started called "took my for bjj class yesterday" there's some solid and helpful advice in there too. Best of luck man.

whitejoe - 10 years ago I'm a 19 year old white belt. I come in to noon class on a Saturday, hung over and stoned. No one is there except for my sensei and some guy he's rolling with that I can't really see. I put my gi on, get warmed up, and get yelled at to come spar with Bob. I run my ass over to the mats and meet Bob, the 80 year old blue belt. Instant relief. "Whew! Kinda partied too hard last night for this black belt owning fucker to beat my ass soon as I walk in the door, I'll take it easy with Bob."...Only Bob did not take it easy on me. He was the Lion. I was the gazelle. He smelled blood. His teeth were a Kimura grip I had never experienced before. A new type of dad strength: grandad strength. That old fuck jumped guard and latched onto a kimura so fuckin fast I barely had time to grab my belt. I spent half the round defending my arm. Never worried about age again after that. It's just a number. Phone Post 3.0
Vu. Great story Phone Post 3.0

Great stuff guys! Thanks for the stories, good to see I'm not alone Phone Post 3.0