Welp, my business is shut down due to covid

My daughter tested positive yesterday. She had been in the restaurant on Monday and Wed. Had a scratchy throat and felt nauseous Wed morning when she came in, then her boyfriend called and said that he tested positive after having a severe reaction to the vaccine he got on Tues and went to the hospital where they tested him.

Wife and I shut down immediately and after talking with the CDC. I was told anyone that had 15 minutes of cumulative contact with her since Monday has to quarantine for 10 days. We are a small 50 seat restaurant and that pretty much covers 90 percent of our staff since Monday.

Not sure why I am posting, just looking to vent I guess. Wife and I both agreed that we are paying the staff for the next 10 days so they are not impacted financially. Not only losing sales we will be out about 10,000 dollars.

Fuck me. Be safe out there.

45 Likes

Rough one. Your daughter is SOOOO grounded!

23 Likes

Send her my way, I’ll punish her…

3 Likes

You have no idea brother!

2 Likes

On the plus side it looks like I may get out of the trafficking trial that I was subpoenaed for from two years ago.

Happy Bill Murray GIF

11 Likes

No chance with that name!

2 Likes

Really sorry to hear this op.

1 Like

Sorry to hear OP. Hope you and your family are ok. Will be thinking about ya

1 Like

Stay safe OP and your family and hope your business gets back on track and kills it when you reopen.

You passed the “good father” test… carry on!

Seriously though, sorry to hear about your family and business, hope everyone makes it through healthy!

1 Like

bury the lede much

1 Like

What state you in OP? I recently got a Lincoln and I’m all about the road trips now. If you’re not super far I may come have a bologna sandwich at your restaurant someday!

2 Likes

I want to have a bologna sandwhich with you, my treat, and wrassle with you (non homo way) but I just ask you dont do any of your dirty tactics on me

1 Like

whoa, I thought you got the 4-runner with 300K+miles fixed up???

Huh Lincoln???

Damn. Tough break, Ghost. Only bright side is that we all know you are a resilient, self-reliant dude.

1 Like

He is now a rich man.

It’s a pain in the ass. Me and my old lady both got it and we haven’t left the house for 9 days. Ordered in groceries etc.

1 Like

No, just an afterthought

Sucks to hear Ghost. Maybe it will free up time to research a side gig. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best wishes my man.

1 Like

Maine, but you need to stop @Gritty place for a bologna pizza