Welterweight is F*cking Bananas right now

Jesus. When Erick Silva, Rick Story, & Gunnar Nelson are your easiest fights out of 20 possible match ups, I think it's safe to say that the division is filled with killers. Phone Post 3.0

Add two more names to that list:

Claude Patrick, due back in the octagon soon after some injury time. Came up on the wrong sode of a decision, bit a solid, well-rounded technician

Alex Garcia, out of tristar -- huge prospect whi's been chewing up the smaller leagues. His first UFC appearance coming up next month on the Aussie fight night card.

Amagov, too. Phone Post 3.0

Koscheck nearly beat the champion Hendricks less than a year ago. Put him on the list goof Phone Post 3.0

Pessimist_Pete - Koscheck nearly beat the champion Hendricks less than a year ago. Put him on the list goof Phone Post 3.0
Came here to say this. He may never fight for a belt again or be top 10, but he should be on that list. Still love to watch him fight. Phone Post

Nate Marquardt was Strikeforce welterweight champ less than a year ago. Plus talk about Askren. Phone Post 3.0

The odds that Nick Diaz will fight again are pretty good IMO.

He has retired and come back before and he's got plenty of fight left in him.

WW and LW are the sickest divisions right now. Followed by MW, imo. Phone Post 3.0

ThinkMMA - 
Mica Kizbig - Just think out loud here but if GSP were to retire, would it be possible for the UFC to hold an old PRIDE style tourney if they did it in Japan? That would be an epic way to crown a new champ.

I also think that NSAC or any other commission wouldnt take too kindly to it.
Dana doesn't like the GP format. He's said it many times. It would be amazing and would no doubt bring viewership. I'd like to see a GP every year in multiple divisions. I think its a great way to bring up contenders and introduce new stars. Phone Post 3.0

The thing is, and a lot of ppl have done this, you can retroactively create a tournament bracket for most championship ascensions...

The UFC follows the general guidelines of a tournament, they just don't like setting it in stone because you lose flexibility and end up with egg on your face like Bellator when you wanna make the cash decision, or end up with a ton of stalls, injuries and complications when you just run the tournament straight up

allforroy - Amagov, too. Phone Post 3.0
This, that dude looks scary!! Phone Post 3.0

Also Paul Harris if he ever comes back. Phone Post 3.0

MMA Lives Here - Thatch.

And what division is that new Korean killer in? The tallish dude who kinda comes forward throwing shit like Thatch Phone Post 3.0
He's the did that looks like at least a mw, right? Hyun Gyu Lim Phone Post 3.0

Court McGee is a personal favorite of mine. Dude is tough as nails. Phone Post 3.0

Also Kelvin. Wish that fight with Court was still going down. Was really looking forward to that one. Phone Post 3.0

Libero21 - 
5 Round Main Event - GSP
Johny Hendricks
Rory MacDonald
Robbie Lawler
Carlos Condit
Hector Lombard
Jake Ellenberger
Tyron Woodley
Demian Maia
Nick Diaz
Jake Sheilds
Matt Brown
Martin Kampmann
Tarec Saffiedine
Dong Hyun Kim
Gunnar Nelson
Erick Silva
Rick Story

I'm sure I am forgetting some great fighters, but these are just the ones I can come up with off the top of my head (in no particular order).

This got me thinking, has there ever been a division as stacked as this?

What was/is the most stacked division in UFC history?
Jordan mein
Brandon thatch
Wonder boy Phone Post 3.0

Lol nice try, mien and Thompson stop it!

Hyun Gyu Lim "Ace"