Wendler 5/3/1 reloaded question

here is the 5/3/1 reloaded article
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/531_reloaded

I'll be working with modification 2.

A little confused on something here. Since I am switching lifts each week, am doing the 5 reps for weeks 1 and 2, then doing 3 reps for weeks 3 and 4, and 1 rep for weeks 5 and 6?

I"m assuming no, and I just follow the normal 5/3/1 template, but figure I would ask.

Yes, you would be doing the 5 reps for weeks 1 and 2, then doing 3 reps for weeks 3 and 4, and 1 rep for weeks 5 and 6, that is correct because the plan is spread out this way, so it takes longer to finish.

Forgot to add that the last set is still done for as many reps as you can get with 1-2 reps left in the hole.

Week 1 - Press/DL for 3 x 5
Week 2 - Bench/Squat for 3 x 5
Week 3 - Press/DL for 3 x 3
Week 4 - Bench/Squat for 3 x 3
Week 5 - Press/DL for 1 x 5, 1 x 3, 1 x 1
Week 6 - Bench Squat for 1 x 5, 1 x 3, 1 x 1
Week 7 - start over w/Week 1, using more weight

-Each exercise is done in it's own workout (not just one workout/week)

-No deload needed since your volume is so spread out

-Get at least 2-3 intense conditioning workouts (hill sprints, prowler pushes, sled pulls, complexes, etc) in each week

-Last set done for max reps

In this article, it gives a brief rundown of the original work-out. On Week 3 (the actual 5-3-1 week), he lists "3x5, 3, 1"

This is the first place I've seen that. I thought it was just one set of 5, then one set of 3, then one set 1, and more on that last one if you can.

shadallion -This is the first place I've seen that. I thought it was just one set of 5, then one set of 3, then one set 1, and more on that last one if you can.
This is the right way to do it. I have the book.