Went to an Ayahuasca retreat AMA

Threat title states it all.

I made I post here before I left off for it a while back.. never came back to it though.

Where? What made you decide to want to experience it? What did you get from the retreat? How much? What was all included? Basically just tell me everything. I am thinking of doing one

Do you recommend it? Was it worth jt?

BigPup - Where? What made you decide to want to experience it? What did you get from the retreat? How much? What was all included? Basically just tell me everything. I am thinking of doing one
I have actually been wanting to do it ever since I found out about it when I was 17 or 18... im 27 now. I forget how exactly I learned about it.. but i just felt the strong desire to do it.. like somehow it would hold a lot of answers that im looking for in my life..

One of my buddies that I work with invited me with him and a group of 12 others to retreat just outside of Santa Fe..

Theres a few Shamans that regularly make the trip up from Peru to put on these retreats way out in the mountains far away from everything.. the cabin is off the grid.. so its perfect little get away..

The retreat cost was around $1500...was 4 days.. with 3 ayahuasca sessions... During the day we did Wim Hoff breathing techniques at the freezing river or in the cabin.. and at night we did the Aya Sessions with shamans.

You've got a lot to live up to with this thread, fren. Good luck

BigPup - Where? What made you decide to want to experience it? What did you get from the retreat? How much? What was all included? Basically just tell me everything. I am thinking of doing one
We slept outside in our owns tents that we brought.. you dont get much service out there.. so didn't make sense to have your phone on..

What did I get out of it?

It changed my life.. or at least pointed me in the direction I had been looking for for so long..I was expecting to come out with a sense of purpose in my life.. with a reason for why we are here... etc..

I didn't get that. What I DID get.. was an understanding of who I was.. and how I should approach things in the future.

I got so fucking much out of it.. its almost a year later and im still understanding new things about my visions and what they showed me.

quarcus - Do you recommend it? Was it worth jt?
I highly recommend it.

So.. we did 3 nights in a row of ayahuasca.. 2 doses of the brew each night..

There were 2 during my stay...before they bring everyone in.. they have to do a cleansing of spirits. I'm assuming it's tobacco leaves and/or sage that they burn as the sing and make their way around the room.. once that's done.. they bring everyone in.. for the most part.. everyone is wearing white.. everyone has a space to lay down... and a bowl just in case they have to throw up an time during the ceremony..

They start the ceremony off getting a feel for everyone.. small conversation.. asking ppl experience with drugs.. psychedelics.. etc.. then comes a prayer.. once the prayer is done.. the Shamans drink the brew before they start administering it to everyone one by one.

They call me up.. I drink the tea.. its not so bad at first..(thinking about the taste as I'm writing this is making me cringe) I go back to my space.. and just relax..

Once they've administered the brew to everyone.. they start singing songs and playing maracas. The songs are beautiful and sound like something out of a native American ritual... as the session goes on the singing gets louder and louder.. occasionally they light the tobacco or sage and start burning it around the room and singing while everyone is on their journey....

Some people are getting up and go to the bathroom downstairs.. some people are throwing up.. but for the most part all you can hear is the singing.. light drums.. and or maracas.

About 2-3 hours in.. they do a pulse check and or 2nd serving of the brew if you want it.. some take advantage of it.. some ppl dont..
But it's right back to the same protocol.

The ceremony lasts for about 6 hours total.. once the trip is finished.. we go around the circle and share stories on what we saw.. how we felt.. etc..

After the ceremony.. theres bananas and berries downstairs for us to eat.. most of us were starving.

(This is the chain of events all 3 nights.. ill tell you my personal experiences in.my next post)

Anyone do the freakout?

In to listen...

Thanks for sharing!

In To Read Later -

Lol that sounds fucking terrible.

You drink some tea and then lay there trying not to throw up for three nights .

Whats the point?

AllNightLong - So.. we did 3 nights in a row of ayahuasca.. 2 doses of the brew each night..

There were 2 during my stay...before they bring everyone in.. they have to do a cleansing of spirits. I'm assuming it's tobacco leaves and/or sage that they burn as the sing and make their way around the room.. once that's done.. they bring everyone in.. for the most part.. everyone is wearing white.. everyone has a space to lay down... and a bowl just in case they have to throw up an time during the ceremony..

They start the ceremony off getting a feel for everyone.. small conversation.. asking ppl experience with drugs.. psychedelics.. etc.. then comes a prayer.. once the prayer is done.. the Shamans drink the brew before they start administering it to everyone one by one.

They call me up.. I drink the tea.. its not so bad at first..(thinking about the taste as I'm writing this is making me cringe) I go back to my space.. and just relax..

Once they've administered the brew to everyone.. they start singing songs and playing maracas. The songs are beautiful and sound like something out of a native American ritual... as the session goes on the singing gets louder and louder.. occasionally they light the tobacco or sage and start burning it around the room and singing while everyone is on their journey....

Some people are getting up and go to the bathroom downstairs.. some people are throwing up.. but for the most part all you can hear is the singing.. light drums.. and or maracas.

About 2-3 hours in.. they do a pulse check and or 2nd serving of the brew if you want it.. some take advantage of it.. some ppl dont..
But it's right back to the same protocol.

The ceremony lasts for about 6 hours total.. once the trip is finished.. we go around the circle and share stories on what we saw.. how we felt.. etc..

After the ceremony.. theres bananas and berries downstairs for us to eat.. most of us were starving.

(This is the chain of events all 3 nights.. ill tell you my personal experiences in.my next post)
---Night 1 of my ayahuasca experience..

Honestly...theres not much to say about it.. it wasn't what I was expecting.. I didn't throw up.. I didn't have to run to the toilet.. and besides a slight body high.. theres not much I experienced.n it was very very light..

----Night 2..
Tonight is the night I had my first vision..
The more relaxed I was.. the stronger my visions became.. what I saw was an immense bluish pink snake.. the snake made its way towards me.. as it came close to me.. I didn't feel scared at all.. but i felt warm, confident. Almost like a little kid when they see their mom for the first time in what felt like forever... it curled itself around my entire body.. I honestly have never felt more loved in my entire life.. it was strange... the snake was communicating to me through my emotions.. and i could understand everything it was saying.. it was just as clear if you and i were talking face to face... I feel like mother ayahuasca was making me feel comfortable.. like im able to trust her and not be afraid of what she's about to show me.

Overall.. a pretty light night as well.

------Night number 3.

Tonight is the night that absolutely blew my mind.

So i feel like.. since I had had some pretty light nights as far as visions go the nights before.. I ask for a double dose..

I completely drop all of my expectations and ask ayahuasca to show me who I am.. to show me what I need to see and need to know.. I laid down.. and i waited.. first small light patterns.. then i could feel my body becoming lighter and lighter..

I sit up... im in a jungle during full moon..im surrounded by all types of animals.. mainly monkeys though. I'm focusing on keeping my breathing steady and consistent.. I see a young male lion make its way to me.. as it approaches.. its locking it's eyes with mine.. as the lion gets within inches from my face.. I see everything the lion has gone through.. all of the pain.. all of the struggle.. the pride it has.. and the respect it carries from all of the other animals that surrounds it.. as I'm looking into this lions eyes.. I realize that im looking into a mirror.. my fucked up childhood has made me into the man I am today.. that ive been fighting all of my life to become a better person then any example that ive ever had growing up... I've raised myself and have made my own way and have fought like hell to help those around me along the way and that I shouldn't fear what those around me think because I have their respect.

At this point I was crying more than I ever have in my life...

I sat back and let the vision sink in.. and just tried to take as much of my lesson in as I could..

They asked if anyone wanted the second dose.
So I walked up and took it..

My 2nd vision of the night was terrible..
Exact opposite of the first..

It showed me Every woman/girl that I have ever loved.. or had feelings for.. getting fucking railed by another guy as the girl stared me directly in the eyes.. and gave zero fucks..
Including the girl I was currently talking to..

I didn't realize that I was holding onto so many emotional attachments to these women until I had this vision..
This basically lasted for about an hour as I laid .. curled up in a ball wishing it would just stop..

It was absolutely terrible the 2nd dose..

When the ceremony was over.. I went back to my tent.. and kept thinking about my first vision from that night.. and just cried my eyes out..

Later

Sub

moccaco - Anyone do the freakout?
Funny you say this.. during the 3rd night.. one guy got scared as hell and backed into a corner and just watched everyone..

About 20 minutes later.. the dude next to him started freaking out.. crying so loud.. screaming.. it sounded like he was being emotionally ripped apart.. the Shamans came over and one was singing and playing the drums..

The assistant was burning the tobacco/sage..
And the 2nd shaman was blessing him..

About 5 minutes later.. he finally calmed down..

The air in the room was so thick.. eveyone had goosebumps and chills.. its like demons were in the room with us..

After the session..the Shaman asked the guy who was sitting in the corner what happened.. he said that he saw a demon standing over the guy that freaked out.. talking to him

the guy that freaked out then explained that he had this demon that kept latching himself onto him.. whispering in his ear.. filling his head full of doubts and lies..

It was nuts

Any weird or disturbing dreams since then?

thedogofdogs -

Any weird or disturbing dreams since then?

Not really wierd.. I can remember dreams better.. theyre a lot more vivid than they used to be.

In my daily life.. my execution of ideas and goals picked up substantially..

Example.. im in Phuket thailand currently for 3 months training and living life..

My ass was knee deep in tar pit of depression and didn't see a way out prior to the retreat.

So how has this helped you make decisions moving forward?