Went to first Comic-Con and all I got was

The best pic ever!  More on that later.  I saw a few weeks ago that Rob Liefeld was going to be at the inaugural Wizard World in Tulsa.  I'd joked to the wife about making a day trip out there to get some Deadpool item signed and driving back.  I started rattling off who she might know who was going to be there:  Lou Ferrigno, Robert Englund, William Fucking Shatner, hey Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker, Dean Cain..*wife* "Dean Cain?  Let me make sure I can get some coverage for work, you go ahead and buy the tickets". She's of the age where Lois and Clark was the first thing that really got the juices flowing if you know what I mean.  Dean Cain gets her wet is what I mean.  Anyway...

So we went.  It was pretty damn fun.  Since it was their first one in Tulsa it still had that new con smell and everyone was pretty pumped to be there.  I did go to the Rob Liefeld panel

Not a single person asked him about feet.  And I got something signed

The wife got a scrap metal sculpture of the Serenity

and her pic with Dean Cain

Saw some pretty good cosplay

Speaking of Dean Cain, nobody was busting any comic-con stereotypes.  Here's a pic of his booth.  It was fairly mobbed with ladies from my wife's demo age group.  And guys with seasons of Lois & Clark on VHS and trying to give him ratty old baseball caps.  

Meanwhile here's Sara Jean Underwood's booth about 50 feet away.

Not that there was no guys around.  They were simply out of frame milling around like an 8th grade school dance.  Why am I not sauntering over like an OG alpha?  Because it was $40 to approach the table and I'm cheap.  Anyway...

Remember how I said Michael Rooker and Norman Reedus were appearing?  Well last year for Halloween we did a Walking Dead theme and the boys still fit in their costumes.  When would we get this opportunity again?  So we put them in their getups and hit the con Saturday.  We couldn't go more than 50 steps without getting tapped on the shoulder asking for a picture with Li'l Merle and Li'l Daryl.  

They were mostly into it but did get a bit tired of having to stop all the time and pose all the time.  But with good guidance, reason, and outright bribery with M&Ms and promises of Rocket Raccoon and MechaGodzilla toys we finally got the thing that we'll remember most from this trip. 

I think next year we'll try to hit a con where Supernatural is represented and the boys can get a picture as Sam and Dean Winchester.  That will kill two birds with one stone.  Because Jensen Ackles gets the wife's juices flowing if you know what I mean.  

Hahaha awesome pics man, that sounds like a blast

Voted up

Ha ha we know what you mean, great work fella.

Thanks for sharing! Very cool! Phone Post 3.0

crescentwrench -

The best pic ever!  More on that later.  I saw a few weeks ago that Rob Liefeld was going to be at the inaugural Wizard World in Tulsa.  I'd joked to the wife about making a day trip out there to get some Deadpool item signed and driving back.  I started rattling off who she might know who was going to be there:  Lou Ferrigno, Robert Englund, William Fucking Shatner, hey Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker, Dean Cain..wife "Dean Cain?  Let me make sure I can get some coverage for work, you go ahead and buy the tickets". She's of the age where Lois and Clark was the first thing that really got the juices flowing if you know what I mean.  Dean Cain gets her wet is what I mean.  Anyway...

So we went.  It was pretty damn fun.  Since it was their first one in Tulsa it still had that new con smell and everyone was pretty pumped to be there.  I did go to the Rob Liefeld panel

Not a single person asked him about feet.  And I got something signed

The wife got a scrap metal sculpture of the Serenity

and her pic with Dean Cain

Saw some pretty good cosplay

Speaking of Dean Cain, nobody was busting any comic-con stereotypes.  Here's a pic of his booth.  It was fairly mobbed with ladies from my wife's demo age group.  And guys with seasons of Lois & Clark on VHS and trying to give him ratty old baseball caps.  

Meanwhile here's Sara Jean Underwood's booth about 50 feet away.

Not that there was no guys around.  They were simply out of frame milling around like an 8th grade school dance.  Why am I not sauntering over like an OG alpha?  Because it was $40 to approach the table and I'm cheap.  Anyway...

Remember how I said Michael Rooker and Norman Reedus were appearing?  Well last year for Halloween we did a Walking Dead theme and the boys still fit in their costumes.  When would we get this opportunity again?  So we put them in their getups and hit the con Saturday.  We couldn't go more than 50 steps without getting tapped on the shoulder asking for a picture with Li'l Merle and Li'l Daryl.  

They were mostly into it but did get a bit tired of having to stop all the time and pose all the time.  But with good guidance, reason, and outright bribery with M&Ms and promises of Rocket Raccoon and MechaGodzilla toys we finally got the thing that we'll remember most from this trip. 

I think next year we'll try to hit a con where Supernatural is represented and the boys can get a picture as Sam and Dean Winchester.  That will kill two birds with one stone.  Because Jensen Ackles gets the wife's juices flowing if you know what I mean.  

Very nice. Glad you had fun. Phone Post 3.0

AWESOMENESS BRO! Glad it was a blast!

and bless your heart for getting a Rob Liefeld signature!

How much did the pictures cost?
Sara Jean was $40 (worth it!)
Dean Cain?
Michael Rooker, etc?

Dean Cain was $50, the dual photo was $150. Reedus alone was $110 to Rooker's $60 so it was like I was saving money :). Reedus had the biggest pop of the con by far so he pulls that. Every mention of his name got screams. And second oddly enough was the douche blond kid from Harry Potter. I can't remember who he is, I didn't watch the books. Phone Post 3.0

And Stick lol, well, I am a Liefeld Deist. He had some pretty cool ideas (for a kid in the 90s). He created some pretty noteworthy characters and styles (again, 90s), screwed a few things up here and there, then said,"Peace out you feetless fucks!" leaving it up to people better suited to improve what he couldn't. And now he watches from the sidelines never to interfere with his creation again. Phone Post 3.0

Very cool

Thanks for sharing, sir! Phone Post 3.0

I'd like to dress my kid as Henry and get him to pose with Michael Rooker.

I'd never pay that again but the forces aligned to get that one. You notice a lack of me in any conversations about pictures lol. I will maybe get one with Bruce Campbell if I happen to have an opportunity. It's only a fifty for him. Phone Post 3.0

RedDragonUK - Ha ha we know what you mean, great work fella.
Lol. This. Yeah, we get it, Over-explainer.

wink-wink nudge-nudge

Awesome story though. Great pics! Phone Post 3.0