Werdum Face Banned By UFC...

Came in here to be pissed at Zuffa, but yeah, Werdum had to know that wouldn't fly.  Without the sponsor, it might not be a big deal and would've been a cool sight in the main event.

So the first legitimate unique idea a fighter has of getting around the Adidas bullshit is banned by the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

Love or hate the face, I thought it was a great idea by Werdum that would've created a memorable moment that would make this event unique. Kinda reminded me of the Al Snow angle w the heads in ECW. That was hilarious. 

dchi07 - So the first legitimate unique idea a fighter has of getting around the Adidas bullshit is banned by the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

Adidas bullshit would be such an upgrade from Reebok bullshit

Kostakio - 
ranier wolfcastle -

i concur with sponsor on headband answer

...which... that kind of makes the UFC right. Phone Post 3.0

I guess they will start banning fans wearing t-shirts other than reebok ( or maybe a blank tee). Same reasoning.

It's an item fans are bringing in from outside. It's not a weapon, food, or alcohol.

How fuckin lame zuffa Phone Post 3.0

Boooo! 45,000 Werdum faces in the crowd would have been awesome. This is a bigger blow to the show then Anderson Silva's withdrawal. 

So..what rule was broken? Werdum isn't wearing them, the fans are. Phone Post 3.0

Cunts Phone Post 3.0

JustSaying - It creates an unfair psychological advantage for Werdum. I'm pretty sure walking out past 10,000 people that look like your opponent might create doubts or expose fears. I'm not saying it should be banned, I just think it can be abused as a strong weapon. Phone Post 3.0
No Phone Post 3.0

Shy Guy - So..what rule was broken? Werdum isn't wearing them, the fans are. Phone Post 3.0
This is what I'm wondering.. could I go to a event with 50 of my closest friends wearing a old school iceman Tapout shirt or because it's not reebok would they get butt hurt? Phone Post 3.0

Kinda bullshit. Werdum not wearing it. His fans are. So if a fan bought a tshirt that was on werdum a site they couldn't wear that either. Seriously fuck off ufc. Makes me alright with streaming the ppv. Phone Post 3.0

Werdum should've ran that by the UFC. It's fucking common sense. UFC would be giving another company free advertising Phone Post 3.0

What a shame. I agree that the sponsor on the mask is probably what killed the plan. OR they could have an issue with that many people covering their face and obscuring facial recognition security cameras.

Werdum wears no mask. Da fuq is this about stopping fans from wearing one?

That's fucking bullshit if true Phone Post 3.0

I think it would be great if fans started showing up with giant Nike, Swooshes on their shirts.  Like everyone in the whole fucking arena decked in either a favorite fighters gear bought from that fighters website or just nike swooshes everywhere.  reebok supports child slave labor, and the ufc treats it's fighters by and large like slaves.  After taxes some of those guys are getting paid around $3K for 90 days of training camp, travel bookings, and paying for corner men.  That is highway robbery.  

They should let them all wear ski masks instead. Same shit. Phone Post 3.0

Stipe should make ones of werdums face after he KO's him. Phone Post 3.0

Shy Guy - So..what rule was broken? Werdum isn't wearing them, the fans are. Phone Post 3.0

I actually got a little pissed off reading your comment.  Not at you but I totally understand your logic I try to justify it from UFC's point of view and I cannot.  

UFC is charging fans how much for tickets?  And UFC says, "no, you cannot wear that attire", Who the fuck is UF to make such a request from paying fans?

I'm with the poster above, EVERY fan needs to start wearing Nike shirts to events.  Fucking hell UFC.