Werdum got screwed.

The man earned his title shot.

Now he is squaring off against Hunt, who will never be champion but can be beat anyone on any given night.

I won't be ordering this UFC.

A big part of my social life revolves around UFC PPV night. My wife and I host UFC parties or attend other UFC parties.

With that being said there hasn't been a UFC that is good enough for months to make a party out of it.

You're crazy Mark Hunt is a buy every time Phone Post 3.0

If Hunt can beat anyone on any given night then he is a legitimate opponent for anyone who wants to hold the belt. Hunt earned his position in the HW division, and UFC had to make do with the situation that they were in after Cain's injury.

Not really sure what there is to complain about. Werdum/Hunt is a solid match up.

Kelvin vs. Ellenburger is a great match up as well.

It should still be a good card, but yeah without Sanchez/Lauzon and Velazquez, the card isn't nearly as strong.

At least there giving him the interim belt and I think it's almost a guaranteed win for Werdum if he can get it on the ground, and I was pretty sure Cain was going to grind him to a UD or a late TKO lol. Obviously it was far from a sure thing, but Cain is a pretty smart fighter, at least since being KO'd by JDS Phone Post 3.0

They're* Phone Post 3.0

So you have a problem with a legend like hunt who has a legit chance at winning getting a shot , but never made a thread or complained when Chael was gifted numerous title shots ahead of a stacked division? Phone Post 3.0

I hope op was a troll attempt. If so, well done Phone Post 3.0

jacobdoerr - The man earned his title shot.

Now he is squaring off against Hunt, who will never be champion but can be beat anyone on any given night.

I won't be ordering this UFC.

A big part of my social life revolves around UFC PPV night. My wife and I host UFC parties or attend other UFC parties.

With that being said there hasn't been a UFC that is good enough for months to make a party out of it.
This. I miss the days of getting the guys over for UFC night. There hasn't been a stacked card in awhile, although a few recent cards have been surprises. December and January will be good to us. Phone Post 3.0

Stea1th - 

OP sweating out the last few pounds before weigh-in's. Very dedicated.

Blame Cain Velasquez. Would you rather Werdum stay sidelined for 6 months while Mr. Mexico rehabs his knee? Werdum IS getting a title shot.

And who knows, if Cain is incapable of keeping himself healthy, the winner of Werdum-Hunt could end up being promoted to real champion. Phone Post 3.0

And in no way would I blame you for not ordering this PPV. It's terrible. Phone Post 3.0

how dare the ufc let cain drop out of the fight just because he blew out his knee. I hate the ufc!

Bellator with TITO ORTIZ VS STEPHAN BONNAR IN 2014 is getting my main attention on Saturday night.

That should say something about this Mexico card.

I'll be watching both, but Bellator is 1 and UFC is 2 this weekend for me.

Injuries hurt this card bad, but watching Hunto get a shot is well worth it. I wouldnt buy this ppv but Ill definitely be watching at BWW. Phone Post 3.0

OP I don't understand, how did Werdum get screwed?

A man got injured, their is nothing you can do about that. And the UFC did everything to try and make the best out of that situation. They could have easily NOT made it for the interm belt, and if Werdum won and Cain came back they could have easily figured a way to not give Werdum the shot if another fight was more hyped. But this assures that Werdum will in fact be the first one to get Cain when he comes back and if Werdum keeps winning.

Hunt getting a title shot is a glorious moment for mma.

Stop complaining, let go of all the bullshit politics that go into matchmaking, and enjoy seeing 2 of the greatest, gamest HWs on the planet go to battle.

Stea1th - 

Genuine LOL.

RJJH -

Mark Hunt

that is all

If those 2 words don't make somebody shell out the money nothing probably will. He had nothing but highlight reel KOs and wars throughout his career Phone Post 3.0

zFugitive - OP I don't understand, how did Werdum get screwed?

A man got injured, their is nothing you can do about that. And the UFC did everything to try and make the best out of that situation. They could have easily NOT made it for the interm belt, and if Werdum won and Cain came back they could have easily figured a way to not give Werdum the shot if another fight was more hyped. But this assures that Werdum will in fact be the first one to get Cain when he comes back and if Werdum keeps winning.

Exactly.  Next in line assured, high stakes.

And in the meantime Werdum and Hunt both stepped up for this card.  Two old Pride vets fighting for the Interim UFC Belt, 5 round headliner is fantastic.  Throw in the Mark Hunt comeback story-line, and that both dudes are very likeable.  One a world-class bjj'er who has learned to strike quite well with his bb in muay-thai, and the other a K-1 vet striker who is now a purple belt in bjj.

How can you not love that?

Fuck I'm getting worked up just thinking about it.

Gonna be awesome.

There's been a lot of changes to this card for sure, but I'm not understanding your point about Werdum. He's still getting the shot so how did he get screwed?