WERDUM x BIGFOOT- the forgotten fight? ANALYSIS

I think this is an awesome fight that's not getting enough love.

Here's my article on the match-up, or at least the "teaser'.  I would genuinely appreciate some clicks if you feel the write-up is worth reading to a close.

Comments on the writing and/or analysis are welcome and encouraged, and please also leave your thoughts on the breakdown of the fight.

Dissection by Dallas: Werdum x Bigfoot (Strikeforce)

Posted by Dallas Winston | Dissection by Dallas, Strikeforce | Friday 6 November 2009 2:31 pm

Dissection by Dallas copy

This is a fantastic match-up that has been understandably overshadowed by the historic main event and more prodigious middleweight title fight, but about a year ago you would’ve found Fabricio Werdum parked towards the middle of the top-10 world heavyweight rankings, with Antonio Silva lurking somewhere just beyond the #10 slot.

In Werdum’s case, it’s pretty amazing how a high profile knockout loss to a relatively unknown heavyweight can muffle a fighter’s momentum and reputation, especially when emphasized by receiving an eviction notice from the UFC only days afterwards.

The fact remains that Werdum (12-4-1) is a talented ground technician with a deeply layered record against many of the biggest and best names in both Pride and the UFC.  The gist of losses on his record can be attributed to competitive decision losses to scrappy Russian Sergei Kharitonov (split decision), MMA legend Antonio “Minotauro” Nogueira, and formerly dominant UFC champion Andrei Arlovski.  Junior Dos Santos, who has gone on to cement his formidable presence by amassing a streak of commanding wins and vaulting up the heavyweight food chain, was the first fighter to finish Werdum.

FULL ARTICLE AT THE GARV

Werdum by decision, btw.

I like Werdum by decision in what should be an interesting matchup.

I see Werdum wearing down Bigfoot and getting a TKO in round 2 or 3, but I think it has the potential to be a very good fight

Bigfoot via fists, feet, and knees.

i think bigfoot is the most slept on hw. werdum is good, but i see antonio pulling this out convincingly.

antonio is the better boxer, wrestler and is going to be 34lbs heavier in the cage (he said he'll walk in at 276lb).