Were these better lhw contenders offered to fight?

Phil Davis-he should be ready and able as he was just in fight shape and not medically suspended due to his fight ending prematurely.  

Stephon Bonnar-I know he's available and he looked decent against Jones(compared to everyone else Jones has fought)

Rashad Evans?

Chad Griggs-Not a big enough name/draw?

Gustafsson-He may not have been ready, but isn't he available to ask?

Matt Hamill-kind of a long shot, but he is coming back to mma and is Jones' only loss(not really)

Stanislav Nedkov-12-0 but was he not marketable?

Lil Nog?

Shogun would've taken the fight. Not sure if he's still medically suspended though

Rampage-meh, probably wouldn't make weight, but still more of a fight than Chael

Glover Teixera-I know he's slated to fight Rampage, but he would've been a nice replacement, was he offered?

Were ANY of these fighters offered to face Jones?

If not why weren't they approached before Chael?

$$$$$$$$$. that is all.

?

Is nobody else interested in this?

I mention 11 alternate fighters, lets say 5 of them would be able to. Why weren't they asked? If they were, what was their reason to not accept?

Maybe Zuffa did ask but like Jones, nobody wanted to commit. 

But I guess it'd look worse if UFC says that 5 top light heavyweights were offered but they turned it down, so instead put it all on Jones.

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks Chael wasn't the only option.

jsilva@ufc.tv

Probably too risky cutting so much on short notice Phone Post

You left out Franklin .

Always game to step in on short notice and save the main event.

Sonnen the only guy with the ability to atleast sell a few ppvs at such short notice. Phone Post

KZTT_W85 - Sonnen the only guy with the ability to atleast sell a few ppvs at such short notice. Phone Post

Not to mention guys don't want to blow what may be their only title shot without a camp.

Jbj had a camp, not sure why he's complaining but that's just my take. Phone Post

Why would a legitimate contender take the fight such short notice with no
Camp?

If I was a contender I'd like to have all the preparation possible for a shot at the title.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Phone Post

LilBrockonmychest -
KZTT_W85 -  Sonnen the only guy with the ability to atleast sell a few ppvs at such short notice. Phone Post

So basically it would be the UFC's fault then and not Jones?  If the UFC refused to offer to every single LHW it is on them that it was cancelled. 

I agree many of them would have taken the fight.  It's a win/win and they'd get a great amount of exposure/ money.

It's not win win, it's a loss with perks Phone Post

LilBrockonmychest -
KZTT_W85 -  Sonnen the only guy with the ability to atleast sell a few ppvs at such short notice. Phone Post

So basically it would be the UFC's fault then and not Jones?  If the UFC refused to offer to every single LHW it is on them that it was cancelled. 

I agree many of them would have taken the fight.  It's a win/win and they'd get a great amount of exposure/ money.

The question was, were these LHWs a better option instead of sonnen.

No for the reason mentioned, jones didn't even want the machida fight because of ppv numbers. Machida is a big name.

As if he would fight a no name. The UFC brass tried to appease Jon to save everyones ass and offered him a fighter with a high profile who in their opinion he could easily defeat.

Everyone wins, jones gets paid, UFC get paid. I don't see where I blamed jones on the cancellation of the event. Phone Post