Westbrook trpl dbl's are a joke

Watch them play. Adams, Kanter and company regularly let Westbrook take rebounds they should get. Hell, they even have a routine for missed FT'S where they just box out and let Russ run in from behind and get the board!

Then on offense, I swear, they won't shoot if russell didnt pass them the ball. Even if they are open. They will reset the ball back to russell. Just look at team stats. The only other guy getting assists is Oladipo at 2apg, and that's while Westbrook is on the bench!

Im disappointed sports media isn't calling the thunder out on this. These triple doubles are not organic. They are a farce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YgzY5rOiyU

ok sounds like Cowherd has called him out on it.

Now i need to find a video that shows the Thunder passing up open shots and giving it back to westbrook.

The whole thing is a joke.

No Westbrook for MVP.

Obvious trolls are obvious.

okiebug - Obvious trolls are obvious.

I was watching Sportscenter last night, and they spent the entire highlight clip talking up Westbrook's triple double. Then, almost as a throwaway comment at the end, they threw in that they lost the game

TravenBJJ -

No troll  Its fucking obvious when you watch them play.   Watch the video posted by OP

I watch every game and it's a miracle he gets 10 assists the way they shoot sometimes.

But if you like the video you should see the ones that prove the earth is flat.

Video and stats don't lie.

He doesn't guard shooters. Just so he can get rebounds. His big men pass up rebounds just so he can have them. They box out specifically for him. Teammates often literally wont shoot open shots if Russ didnt pass them the ball. Basically no one else gets assists while Russ is on the floor. The team is 25th in the league in assists, yet they have one of the top assist guys.

the evidence is overwhelming.

Fake triple doubles.

westbrook contests 3.6 shots a game.  he contests 2 3-pters a game.

to put it in perspective, jason terry contests more shots than he does.

funny how much shit harden got for his D, but everyone is silent when it comes to westbrook.

westbrook contests less 3 point shots than everyone except hassan whiteside and one other big

p.s. if the houston bigs gave harden 2 more rebounds, harden would be averaging a triple double for the season too.  if harden stopped contesting his defender's shot, he would be able to get those 2 extra rebounds to average a triple double.

dangerboy12 - Watch them play. Adams, Kanter and company regularly let Westbrook take rebounds they should get. Hell, they even have a routine for missed FT'S where they just box out and let Russ run in from behind and get the board!

Then on offense, I swear, they won't shoot if russell didnt pass them the ball. Even if they are open. They will reset the ball back to russell. Just look at team stats. The only other guy getting assists is Oladipo at 2apg, and that's while Westbrook is on the bench!

Im disappointed sports media isn't calling the thunder out on this. These triple doubles are not organic. They are a farce.

I love it. Another person with no idea about basketball reading an article or some dumb opinion online and parroting.

Westbrook is indeed the leader of uncontested reb % in the league. That is a scheme design. It shaves off about a second of handing the ball off to goatbrook to bring it down court. It is why theh are so deadly on the open court 

Last year guess who was league leader in uncontested reb % ... Thats right!

Kevin Durant. Of the okc thunder. Because that is their scheme.

It is the unselfishness of their bigs more than the selfishness of goatbrook.

Your welcome for that educational post you just received.

Itt: clowns who watch highlights talking about stats they don't comprehend.

And I dont want to hear about his "bad roster."

Steven Adams was a monster in the playoffs last year. He averaged 10 rpg in the playoffs, when shit mattered, with a Durant on the team who got plenty of rebounds.

Now, in the regular season, he drops to 7-8 rpg? With no durant? With Kanter missing a lot of time?

IgnorantDeadline -
dangerboy12 - Watch them play. Adams, Kanter and company regularly let Westbrook take rebounds they should get. Hell, they even have a routine for missed FT'S where they just box out and let Russ run in from behind and get the board!

I love it. Another person with no idea about basketball reading an article or some dumb opinion online and parroting.

Westbrook is indeed the leader of uncontested reb % in the league. That is a scheme design. It shaves off about a second of handing the ball off to goatbrook to bring it down court. It is why theh are so deadly on the open court 

because a person dribbling the ball the length of the court is 1 second faster than an outlet pass

smh have you actually played the game

IgnorantDeadline - 

Ever heard of an outlet pass?

That's what the good teams do.

Guess who was good at it last year in the playoffs. Steven Adams.

dangerboy12 -
IgnorantDeadline - 

Ever heard of an outlet pass?

That's what the good teams do.

Guess who was good at it last year in the playoffs. Steven Adams.

according to thunder fans, 99% of offenses that use outlet passes in transition are stupid because obviously its faster and safer to just give the PG the rebound

russ has revolutionized the game

IgnorantDeadline -

Itt: clowns who watch highlights talking about stats they don't comprehend.

This

rekt -
IgnorantDeadline -

because a person dribbling the ball the length of the court is 1 second faster than an outlet pass

smh have you actually played the game

This isn't a debate. It's their scheme. 

Please do not pretend to have played basketball. I already know you don't watch it.

Outlet pass by Adams or goatbrook faking/dishing/slashing. That's a hard one.

Yes. If you watched the playoffs last year you know outlet pass by Adams TO A WESTBROOK WHO ACTUALLY GUARDED HIS MAN AND RELEASED is the correct answer.

And yes. It's clearly OKC's scheme. And it's a fine scheme when its you SF (Durant) getting the board with your PG (Westbrook) releasing.

However, it's not a very smart scheme when it's your PG getting the board just to dribble up the court. It actually takes away transition opportunities. It's bad basketball, designed to get Westbrook triple doubles.

And look. Westbrook is still great IMO. Not a great teammate,not the best decision maker, but a great player.

It's just that the triple doubles are fake.

dangerboy12 - Yes. If you watched the playoffs last year you know outlet pass by Adams TO A WESTBROOK WHO ACTUALLY GUARDED HIS MAN AND RELEASED is the correct answer.

And yes. It's clearly OKC's scheme. And it's a fine scheme when its you SF (Durant) getting the board with your PG (Westbrook) releasing.

However, it's not a very smart scheme when it's your PG getting the board just to dribble up the court. It actually takes away transition opportunities. It's bad basketball, designed to get Westbrook triple doubles.

according to thunder fans, we're all wrong and have never played basketball

also, the other 99% of basketball players who have their bigs rebound and throw outlet passes are also retarded

TravenBJJ -

Again.  Is their scheme to not have a PG that contest shots or plays defense?

He must be incredible since his blocks and steals are better than Harden's without even trying.