Westside Stranglers Son, Lucas Skywalker Brennan @ Bellator 282

4 Likes

UNCASVILLE, Conn. – Lucas Brennan’s win at Bellator 273 had the jiu-jitsu community buzzing.

In January, he finished Ben Lugo with an assassin choke at Bellator 273. If you haven’t heard of many MMA finishes from that method, there’s probably a good reason. Brennan’s variation of it was one even some seasoned practitioners hadn’t seen before.

And it started with a takedown Brennan said he wasn’t thrilled with.

“The initial takedown could’ve been better, but what it turned into ended up being pretty cool,” Brennan told MMA Junkie at Wednesday’s media day for Bellator 282. “So all things considered, it worked out. I was pretty happy with how it turned out. That was something I worked on for a long time and it’ll probably be the last time you’ll see it.”

Brennan (6-0 MMA, 6-0 BMMA) takes on Johnny Soto (4-2 MMA, 1-1 BMMA) on Friday at Bellator 282, and he’s hoping for another highlight-reel finish to put on his resume – even if he acknowledges the assassin choke will be hard to do a second time.

But even without a finish, Brennan just wants to stay dominant in his fights and keep his unbeaten record intact. That way, he can make his way toward the rankings and start getting the steady kind of activity he’s been hoping for.

“My favorite fight is probably (my win over) Andrew Salas, which was a decision – a 30-26 was one of the (scores),” Brennan said. “I’m fine with those kind of decisions – as long as I’m dominant. I don’t want to be on the split (decision) where half the comment section is sh*tting on me. If it’s going to be a decision, I’d like to stay on top of the scores. But as long as I’m coming out winning with at least a somewhat OK performance, I’m all right.”

Check out Brennan’s full media day interview in the video above.

Bellator 282 takes place Friday at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. The main card airs on Showtime following prelims on MMA Junkie.

4 Likes

Shoutout Westside Strangler

UGer Chris Brennan ( Westside Strangler’s ) Son

8 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

19 Years OLD

2 Likes

Brengan.

Thats The Won And Only

Edited.

Skelboy approves!

That’s right, mate. I done me first pro fight a week ago an’ it were ace. I fought a bloke called Dale (which is a poof’s name, in’t it?) an’ I knocked him out in the first fuckin’ round. That’s the real “Supermarket Sweep”, y’fuckin’ knobtoucher!

I came out an’ I done a flyin’ armbar but I fell on me arse. I just stood up an’ knocked him out instead, it were funny as fuck. I fell over 'cos I were caned off my face, which is how I likes t’fight.

I’d write more but I need t’get ready for me work, mate, ‘cos I in’t quite famous enough t’just put out DVDs o’me an’ me mates actin’ like twats on the piss like that bald Dutch bloke. Maybe after I done another fight I can put out “Skelboy on Whizz: The True Story o’Steve Smith Shaggin’ y’Mam an’ Bein’ Sick on y’Carpet, Poofter”. Put y’name down if y’want t’preorder that now, mate.

Off t’work in a minute. Saturday night’s all right for feelin’ up one o’them goth birds an’ spittin’ in someone’s face! I need t’get proper caned b’fore I goes t’me work, time for some spliff. Can I get me green name now? Cheers.

PS: After me fight I pissed on the floor backstage an’ told everyone it were just some water I spilled.

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

@WestsideStrangler

1 Like

Thank you guys. I’m obviously pretty excited about tonight, but also my son is getting in to a cage with another trained fighter. Always nerve-wracking. Anyway, thank you again.

23 Likes

War Lucas!

2 Likes