what a lineup!

at Lollapalooza this year!

That sounds liek a pretty weak lineup.Remember when they could pull decent bands like Rollins,RHCP and Jane's Addiction?

Miller is correct.But then again, I'm too old for that concert.

Hey, Van Halen is touring! ;)

Ahh, those days are over Miller.  

Decent linup, I wonder how much tickets will be.

That sounds liek a pretty weak lineup.Remember when they could pull decent bands like Rollins,RHCP and Jane's Addiction?

-----

Did you happen to forget ( or maybe you didn't even know about ) that Jane's played Lolla last year to half empty sheds? They had to cancel out a few shows due to horrible ticket sales. Rollins, as good as he is, wouldn't put a dent into pushing the ticket sales these types of tours are looking for. The Peppers, with their watered down, more radio friendly sound, might do good as far as that goes, but because the kids of today don't listen to any of those three bands that's the reason why they are not on the bill.

The 2004 version of Lolla is solid ( Minus the Von Bondies. I hate that band ) There are still some bands doing one off shows at various stops along the tour that aren't even listed here. Yes, all tour dates are two days per stop. Ticket are priced pretty good. $50.00 will get you tickets to both days. Priced much better than last year, that's for sure.

I just wished Wilco and The Pixies were playing West Coast dates. No matter, I'll be getting into the gigs free of charge anyways, so I shouldn't start to complain about who I'll be seeing.

I`m also too old for that show. This lineup is more to my liking:

2004 Playboy jazz Fest At The Hollywood Bowl

Wynton Marsalis Septet

Etta James and the Roots Band

Hugh Masekela

Savion Glover

Brian Culbertson with special guest Michael Lington
Cos of Good Music IX featuring Geri Allen, Dwayne Burno,

James Carter, Ndugu Chancler and Wallace Roney

Christian McBride Band

Charles McPherson Quartet

Yerba Buena