What a TERRIBLE night of officiating...

Oliviera/Lentz - Blatant illegal knee that everyone in the building saw, everyone except referee Chip Snider that is, directly led to Lentz being finished which cut short a fantastic fight.

Griffin/Gamburyan - Our friend Chip Snider AGAIN.  Talking to these guys like he is training his dog.  "Keep working guys, come on you're doing good keep doing that".  WTF is that?  He literally talked to the fighters the entire fight like he was coaching a sparring session.  STFU dude...

Mitrione/Morecraft - Mark Matheny is a UGer and a damn good ref.  Last night was not his shining moment.  Morecraft had one shot to beat Mitrione and that was on the ground.  He starts telling Morecraft (who had recovered from being dropped multiple times and was probably still a bit groggy) that he's got to work after about 5 seconds on the ground, and stands them back up after about 30 seconds.  Morecraft ends up getting KO'd shortly after the standup.

Brenneman/Story - Our buddy Matheny again, Story clearly lost the first 2 rounds and needs a finish in the 3rd to win.  He's working from the bottom with a kimura grip and gets stood up while he's digging for the kimura?!?!?!?!?  WTF????????

Dan Miragliotta was the officiating star of the night last night, which tells you all you need to know about the quality of the reffing last night.  Where's Mazzagatti when you need him???

Mark Matheny should never ref another fight. A ref should not dictate a style of a fight based on fear of fans chanting "boring"

The crowd in Pittsburg sounded like it was round up from a hill billy bar in west virginia somewhere. They were booing as soon as a fight hit the ground. It seemed to be a combination of catering to the crowd and some anti-grappling stand and wang ideaology someone drilled into their head before the event.

bryanand - The crowd in Pittsburg sounded like it was round up from a hill billy bar in west virginia somewhere. They were booing as soon as a fight hit the ground. It seemed to be a combination of catering to the crowd and some anti-grappling stand and wang ideaology someone drilled into their head before the event.

The crowd should have no input on what happens.  Matheny reffed like we were fighting Toney/Shamrock rules.

Whether they should or not is besides the point, they are human and I'm sure have pressures on them. The Moorecraft standup was complete bullshit, if that happened in Pride I would be claiming Yakuza involvement.

Matheny stood up Story and Brenneman when Story was working a Kimura too, and threatened to stand it up when Story was trying to work the inverted triangle, saying something like "Im not seeing anything there, do something!"
That was pretty bad, i agree.

There was some less than stellar officiating last night for sure.

I dont think you guys realize how difficult a ref's job is though.

Millions of eyes on them, ready to call out the tiniest mistake, especially from the majority that are sitting comfortably on their sofa, eating cheetos, and thinking they could do any better.

But they should NOT let the crown influence their decisions, and I have always hated the stand up rule. When fighters dance around on their feet doing nothing significant, there is no "put them on the ground" rule.

Like Rogan said, if you cant get up from under someone holding you down, Tough Balls.

Chimonos Revenge - Matheny stood up Story and Brenneman when Story was working a Kimura too, and threatened to stand it up when Story was trying to work the inverted triangle, saying something like "Im not seeing anything there, do something!"

Millions of eyes on them, ready to call out the tiniest mistake, especially from the majority that are sitting comfortably on their sofa, eating cheetos, and thinking they could do any better.

But they should NOT let the crown influence their decisions, and I have always hated the stand up rule. When fighters dance around on their feet doing nothing significant, there is no "put them on the ground" rule.

Like Rogan said, if you cant get up from under someone holding you down, Tough Balls.

If it's too tough for a certain person to handle, get someone else in there who can handle it.

bryanand - The crowd in Pittsburg sounded like it was round up from a hill billy bar in west virginia somewhere. They were booing as soon as a fight hit the ground. It seemed to be a combination of catering to the crowd and some anti-grappling stand and wang ideaology someone drilled into their head before the event.

I agree with the fans were insane with their demands anything on the ground was booed. Also I like stand ups should see more from the full guard more often other than that I think any advance position should be fought out regardless. Full guard should be susceptible to stand ups easily. Phone Post

jjj2121 -
Chimonos Revenge - Matheny stood up Story and Brenneman when Story was working a Kimura too, and threatened to stand it up when Story was trying to work the inverted triangle, saying something like "Im not seeing anything there, do something!"

If it's too tough for a certain person to handle, get someone else in there who can handle it.

Also you get warned for stalling in stand up and on the ground you get stood up for stalling and no action on the ground. Fair rules I think Phone Post

Moorecraft was just resting/recovering on the ground at that point. Mitrione even thought he was KO'd and just laying on his legs. Standing them up was the right thing to do. 

Dan did a GREAT job!

GingerWhinger -  Moorecraft was just resting/recovering on the ground at that point. Mitrione even thought he was KO'd and just laying on his legs. Standing them up was the right thing to do. 

Yoosz right about alotta things Lupo, yoosz not right bout dis.

Story vs Brenneman stand up was weird but I don't think Story would've gotten that arm out

NorthFromHere - Story vs Brenneman stand up was weird but I don't think Story would've gotten that arm out

Sure woulda been nice to find out.

Sure woulda been nice to see who would have won Oliveira/Lentz.

Sure woulda been nice to see if Morecraft could have done anything on the ground with Mitrione.

jjj2121 - 
GingerWhinger -  Moorecraft was just resting/recovering on the ground at that point. Mitrione even thought he was KO'd and just laying on his legs. Standing them up was the right thing to do. 

Yoosz right about alotta things Lupo, yoosz not right bout dis.

Broski, he was laying there dead in the head like Walcott after Marciano broke his face, like.

JJJ, it was nice of you to recognise the fine work of Big Tan Dan

GingerWhinger -  JJJ, it was nice of you to recognise the fine work of Big Tan Dan

I call it like I see it, the Big Man did a bang up job last night, Kongo should break him off at least 20% of that KON bonus.

Moorecraft was doing nothing but trying to catch his breath on top of Mitrione and was taking way too much time doing so...standup was the right move.

jjj2121 -
NorthFromHere - Story vs Brenneman stand up was weird but I don't think Story would've gotten that arm out

Sure woulda been nice to find out.
Sure woulda been nice to see who would have won Oliveira/Lentz.
Sure woulda been nice to see if Morecraft could have done anything on the ground with Mitrione.

Morrcraft lost as soon as the bell rung Phone Post

jjj2121 - 
GingerWhinger -  JJJ, it was nice of you to recognise the fine work of Big Tan Dan

I call it like I see it, the Big Man did a bang up job last night, Kongo should break him off at least 20% of that KON bonus.

Between that and the Kimbo kickback from the Thompson fight, BTD has a nice side line going