What a TERRIBLE night of officiating...

GingerWhinger - 
jjj2121 - 
GingerWhinger -  JJJ, it was nice of you to recognise the fine work of Big Tan Dan

I call it like I see it, the Big Man did a bang up job last night, Kongo should break him off at least 20% of that KON bonus.

Between that and the Kimbo kickback from the Thompson fight, BTD has a nice side line going

BTD from N-E-W Jerz, he knows who he works for...(hint: it ain't the AC's)

jjj2121 - 
Chimonos Revenge - Matheny stood up Story and Brenneman when Story was working a Kimura too, and threatened to stand it up when Story was trying to work the inverted triangle, saying something like "Im not seeing anything there, do something!"
That was pretty bad, i agree.

There was some less than stellar officiating last night for sure.

I dont think you guys realize how difficult a ref's job is though.

Millions of eyes on them, ready to call out the tiniest mistake, especially from the majority that are sitting comfortably on their sofa, eating cheetos, and thinking they could do any better.

But they should NOT let the crown influence their decisions, and I have always hated the stand up rule. When fighters dance around on their feet doing nothing significant, there is no "put them on the ground" rule.

Like Rogan said, if you cant get up from under someone holding you down, Tough Balls.

If it's too tough for a certain person to handle, get someone else in there who can handle it.

Well, you probably wont see Matheny doing any high profile fights for a while.

^^^

A shame, because Matheny has been very good in the past.  Just had a bad night last night I guess, I'd never noticed him being this anti-ground before.  You've got to give the guys time to work down there, and when someone has a locked up kimura grip, you can't stand them up that is ridiculous...and then he was threatening to stand them up when Story had the top side triangle.  Bad.

Also, Big Dan ran in and nudged Barry on the back with both hands while Barry was trying to finish Kongo.

Got to agree, the crowd was a bunch of hillbillies or something. Booing constantly. Even booing charles olivera was unnecessary IMO. The dude messed up but it wasnt his fault it was the idiot ref who didnt see the grounded knee.

GingerWhinger -  Moorecraft was just resting/recovering on the ground at that point. Mitrione even thought he was KO'd and just laying on his legs. Standing them up was the right thing to do. 

Agree 100%.

JoeHurley - 
GingerWhinger -  Moorecraft was just resting/recovering on the ground at that point. Mitrione even thought he was KO'd and just laying on his legs. Standing them up was the right thing to do. 

Agree 100%.

He earned that takedown and deserved more than 20-30 sec to do something with it.

LelandMMA - Got to agree, the crowd was a bunch of hillbillies or something. Booing constantly. Even booing charles olivera was unnecessary IMO. The dude messed up but it wasnt his fault it was the idiot ref who didnt see the grounded knee.

Every event I have been to is like this. Its worse when you are in the audience because you hear all the drunk hillbillies first hand, that you dont hear on the broadcast.

Its amazing how people will shell out the money to go to a UFC, yet have no idea what they are actually watching.

Twenty47 -  Can people ever just watch the fights and shut the fuck up? Clearly u don't do any sports bc officiating is bad in every sport. We are only human.. Phone Post

Thanks for your contribution, I am sure the officials appreciate your philosophy of ignoring their screwups.

jjj2121 - 
JoeHurley - 

Agree 100%.

He earned that takedown and deserved more than 20-30 sec to do something with it.

He got the takedown and did NOTHING.  He wouldn't even break his grip or try to improve position, he just laid down and was trying to get a rest.  You don't get a set time to "do something" and 20-30 seconds is plenty of time to see that a fighter is doing nothing and trying to stall.  If the ref sees you are stalling then it needs to be broken up.

Crap officiating all the way around , totally agree

easedel - Yea i basically caught the end of the first round and Morecraft was hugging Meats waist while laying there. Meat had this look like..um ok ya gonna do anything? for a good 15-20 seconds.

MC wasnt working at all in top position. Nothing wrong with the standup

This is how i saw it. Just waist hugging. No striking, no ground and pound, no attempting to improve position or go for a submission.

Morecraft was just resting, and holding meathead down.
I really don't see anything wrong with that stand up.
Morecraft didnt look like he had plans to do anything except coast and take a breather

^^although i tend to dislike standups in general, this one wasnt as awful as everyone is making it out to be

^^^

He never gave him a chance to do anything with it...20-30 seconds is not long enough.  He's doing that for 90 sec or 2 min?  fine stand them up, he pulled the trigger too quickly. 

I was going to jump in and say something good about Dan Mirgliotta, but I changed my mind at the last second

Twenty47 - Can people ever just watch the fights and shut the fuck up?

Is this directed at referee Chip Snider?

Fuck, I hope to never see/hear him again.

Masakyst -  I was going to jump in and say something good about Dan Mirgliotta, but I changed my mind at the last second

I see what you did there

LelandMMA - Got to agree, the crowd was a bunch of hillbillies or something. Booing constantly. Even booing charles olivera was unnecessary IMO. The dude messed up but it wasnt his fault it was the idiot ref who didnt see the grounded knee.
Just because they were booing doesn't mean they were booing Charlie.  I personally was booing the ref missing the blatant illegal knee.  I'm sure the crowd was as well as it was clearly shown on the big screen/replays.

"I'm not seeing anything" when a guy is workign for a traingle... what a dick.

X_Rated -  Thought Matheny fucked up the Story fight badly. But he did a great job in the Mitrione/Morecraft fight Phone Post

Being right once out of two scenarios isn't too bad, keep pluggin away.