What about Kimbo vs Pat Barry

I would love to see that shit.

What say you UG?

lol

lol Barry is moving up in the world!! Kimbo would get straight up merdercide!!!

Kimbo's best strength is his boxing, but his hands still arent that great and people need to understand this. He hits kinda hard, every other aspect of his striking needs some work. And all the hard work in the world could never prepare the BBQ brawler for a seasoned K-1 badass.

Everyone thinks Kimbo would have so much more success if only his opponents would stand with him. So yeah, let's give him some stand up fighters just to end the hype once and for all.

Barry would put him away in under a minute, and if it took longer than that, it's only cuz Barry is trying to decide which highlight reel strike he wants to end it with.

Think about it.  Barry is one of the only heavyweight strikers that doesn't have a huge physical advantage over Kimbo, for example Kongo.  Just about all the other heavies get this fight to the ground and finish. 

I just want to watch Kimbo do what he does best, and see if it is really good enough.

KimuraCrunch - Kimbo's best strength is his boxing, but his hands still arent that great and people need to understand this. He hits kinda hard, every other aspect of his striking needs some work. And all the hard work in the world could never prepare the BBQ brawler for a seasoned K-1 badass.

Everyone thinks Kimbo would have so much more success if only his opponents would stand with him. So yeah, let's give him some stand up fighters just to end the hype once and for all.

Barry would put him away in under a minute, and if it took longer than that, it's only cuz Barry is trying to decide which highlight reel strike he wants to end it with.

Couldn't agree more.  I believe everythng you just said.  But I want to know it, not just believe it.  I must see it happen before I can truly know this to be true.

LMAO!!!!

Barry in under a minute.

Their stand-up skills aren't even comparable.

Plunkett -  Barry in under a minute.

It would still be awesome, and I still want to see it.

Bad Monkey - 
Plunkett -  Barry in under a minute.

It would still be awesome, and I still want to see it.

Because your a newb.

blue63 - Id rather see Houston Alexander v Kimbo at a catch weight of 210-220ish. Kimbo has already said he could cut to 205 if he needed to and Houston cuts from 225ish to make 205.

Houston barely cuts weight at all, he has a dodgey kidney.

He came in at 209 for his heavyweight bout against sherman at adrenaline 4.

Signed. Doubt it will happen though. The UFC will have him fight someone like Bo Cantrell again lol. Gotta milk that $$$ as long as you can.

Not really that much of a newb.  The thing is Kimbo will be fighting in the UFC against hand picked opponents.  These opponents will be primarily strikers who have a limited ground game, do not have a huge physical advantage, and who are not anywhere near the title picture.  Barry fits the bill.  This could perhaps be the showing off the door fight for Kimbo when he lost some of his money making ability.  I'm not saying this is main event material ( Kimbo should never be anywhere near a main event again), I'm just saying that I would be very entertained for the 2-3 minutes that this fight lasted.  And if Kimbo is going to fight on a PPV that I throw down $45 for I want to be fucking entertained.   

Then learn to like/appeciate technique and not just stand up fighting.

Grakman -  Signed. Doubt it will happen though. The UFC will have him fight someone like Bo Cantrell again lol. Gotta milk that $$$ as long as you can.

Thanks.  I thought I was the only one for a minute.  If it does happen we will get awesome seats because apparently nobody else wants to see it.

Barry could make anyone look bad on the feet. If you really wanna see him exposed (as if he hasnt already been exposed lol) then you wanna see him against somebody who isnt that great but could make Kimbo look even worse. Houston is actually a pretty good example, I think he'd slaughter Kimbo.

Immaculata - Then learn to like/appeciate technique and not just stand up fighting.

I am a big fan of grappling.  One of my favorite fights of all time is Diaz Vs Karo.  I rewound and slow motion watched that fight so many times its rediculous.

And to say that Barry doesn't have good technique is retarded.  As for Kimbo, he is a kind man with a big heart.

KimuraCrunch - Barry could make anyone look bad on the feet. If you really wanna see him exposed (as if he hasnt already been exposed lol) then you wanna see him against somebody who isnt that great but could make Kimbo look even worse. Houston is actually a pretty good example, I think he'd slaughter Kimbo.

I think that fight is a pickem.  Houston is probably a more skilled fighter (yeah Houston and skilled fighter in the same sentence), but he has a sketchy chin.  I don't really want to see Kimbo exposed (again and again and again) I just liked seeing Barry do his thing, a realistically he won't have that oppourtunity with the majority of the heavyweight division.

I wonder if the line would be as bad as Overeem v JT or if the Kimbo followers would keep the odds in line for some of us to make some money?

Bad Monkey - 
KimuraCrunch - Barry could make anyone look bad on the feet. If you really wanna see him exposed (as if he hasnt already been exposed lol) then you wanna see him against somebody who isnt that great but could make Kimbo look even worse. Houston is actually a pretty good example, I think he'd slaughter Kimbo.

I think that fight is a pickem.  Houston is probably a more skilled fighter (yeah Houston and skilled fighter in the same sentence), but he has a sketchy chin.  I don't really want to see Kimbo exposed (again and again and again) I just liked seeing Barry do his thing, a realistically he won't have that oppourtunity with the majority of the heavyweight division.

Meh, fuck it, I'd watch and laugh while Barry decapitated Kimbo. But I doubt Kimbo would want that fight or that the UFC would have much interest in signing it.