what about Martin Kampmann vs Jake Shields?

Would be a sick fight for Shields' first fight in the ufc

That would be a nice fight, I would love to see Shields matched against either Alves or Fitch as well.

Shields via 3 rounds of mount with a sub attempt with ten seconds left.

Shields via Wall n Stall.

That fight would get my attention.

that would be a great KO for the HItman!!

shields dry hump no work here

i dont see martin KOing him he doesnt hit hard enough

and i would love to see how that fight goes on the ground... if martins on his back hes gona be in trouble bottom line

Shields vs Kampmann is perfect. Winner fights Alves/Fitch winner for shot after Kos/GSP 2.

That would be an interesting fight. Gotta go with Shields. Shields vs. Pyle might be good too.

Shields fought Pyle already. I say put him in with GSP first if not then Alves is my vote.

Oh yeah, you're right. My bad.

KrisDonahoo - Shields vs Kampmann is perfect. Winner fights Alves/Fitch winner for shot after Kos/GSP 2.

I like.

Shields vs Pyle was laughably one-sided, too.

Yeah, forgot about that one.

The only fights that make sense for Shields are Condit, Pyle or Okami. Unless of course they re sign Daley

CRBMoney14 - The only fights that make sense for Shields are Condit, Pyle or Okami. Unless of course they re sign Daley

Actually, no...the Pyle fight doesn't make sense. Neither does the Okami fight. Jake should be an immediate title contender.

beting lines would no doubt open up heavily in shields favor making for a great wager on kampmann who really shoudl be the favorite judging from his overall well roundedness

Why are so many people saying Shields should get an immediate shot at GSP's title? Sure it's a big money fight for the UFC, but he should have to go through a couple top guys before he gets to gsp, IMO.

I think beating Dan Henderson who is arguably one the the best 185rs and 205rs in the world qualifys him for an immediate title shot at 170. If that achievement doesnt deserve one then I dont know what does.

We all know now that he can take a good shot as Dan gave him several of his best and he still didnt go down. What makes everyone think gsp's power is going to affect him anymore then dans?

Radio Raheem - Why are so many people saying Shields should get an immediate shot at GSP's title? Sure it's a big money fight for the UFC, but he should have to go through a couple top guys before he gets to gsp, IMO.

He's run right through every welterweight outside of the UFC. He beat Robbie Lawler & Dan Henderson up a weight class in convincing fashion. He's as worthy of a title shot as anyone in the world.