What about Robbie Lawler?

What's going on with him?

I know he's at the end of his career, but has he called it quits or what?  I haven't heard anything since his decision loss to Colby back in August of 2019.

https://www.facebook.com/UFCFightPass/videos/2826166290736790/UzpfSTExMzE5NTM1NTE6MTAyMjIzNDQ0NjE2OTcwMzU/

I hope he retires even though he is one of if not my all time favorite fighter. If not match him up with Pettis or Nate Diaz for a final fight. 

I know this ship has probably sailed a long time ago but Robbie vs Nick Diaz would be incredible.

1 Like
Canooke - I know this ship has probably sailed a long time ago but Robbie vs Nick Diaz would be incredible.

I think 2-3 years ago was probably whe that window was still slightly open, but today, hey, maybe, if Nick isnt totally broken down, which he may be.

I still want to see it.

Robbie needs a good fun fight. The Colby fight was the complete opposite of the fight that Robbie needs. Conor vs Robbie would be a good fight right about now. But Robbie might still be too prime for Conor to take that fight. Give him Nate or someone like that.

My favorite Robbie fight was him vs Manhoef. Robbie was getting his legs absolutely wrecked and Robbie lands the haymaker from hell. Great memories of StrikeForce live in San Jose

1 Like
cyberc92 -

I hope he retires even though he is one of if not my all time favorite fighter. If not match him up with Pettis or Nate Diaz for a final fight. 

I like those fights 

Don J - Robbie needs a good fun fight. The Colby fight was the complete opposite of the fight that Robbie needs. Conor vs Robbie would be a good fight right about now. But Robbie might still be too prime for Conor to take that fight. Give him Nate or someone like that.

My favorite Robbie fight was him vs Manhoef. Robbie was getting his legs absolutely wrecked and Robbie lands the haymaker from hell. Great memories of StrikeForce live in San Jose

That was a good fight. My personal favorite was his fight with Chris Lytle. Two guys swinging for the fences looking like they were having the time of their lives. 

Hope Robbie comes back, definitely an all time favorite. I’d love to see him fight Nate Diaz, but I think Nate is gonna hold out for either Conor or Masvidal

He’ll be back but not whilst Covid is running rampant. Old folk are more vulnerable. 

1 Like

Lawler vs. Nate at 170?

RenatoCocopreta - 
Canooke - I know this ship has probably sailed a long time ago but Robbie vs Nick Diaz would be incredible.

I think 2-3 years ago was probably whe that window was still slightly open, but today, hey, maybe, if Nick isnt totally broken down, which he may be.

I still want to see it.

Yup. Take my money.

Lawyer vs Masvidal 

Lawler needs to fight Santiago Ponzibbio  or Leon Edward's. Both would launch him to the title shot that he deserves