What active fighters would make the best...

Obviously, being a great fighter doesn't always translate to being a great coach(see Rampage Jackson).

For each weight class, what active fighter do you think would make the best coach/trainer?

My list:
HW- Daniel Cormier
LHW- Chael Sonnen
MW- Alan Belcher
WW- Renzo Gracie(still active, supposedly)
LW-Joe Lauzon
FW- Anthony Pettis
BW- Urijah Faber
Fly- Ian McCall

Interesting thread. I would have the say Dominic Cruz at BW. His breakdowns on the fuel broadcasts have been incredible. Also, I think Mike Pyle at WW. I like your list, though.

Personally I'd have Chael in both MW and LHW. He was awesome on TUF. Phone Post 3.0

Duane bang is a perfect example of fighter to coach. His mentor was bas rutten I believe who is another good example Phone Post 3.0

APunkGotPunkdByThePunk - Duane bang is a perfect example of fighter to coach. His mentor was bas rutten I believe who is another good example Phone Post 3.0

this! if was a fighter i would see him out at all costs.

i also agree on both DC's...cormier and cruz.

I wonder how Rich Franklin would do as a full time coach. Always seemed like a real student of the game, plus he knows how to teach people stuff evidently. 

HolyHackZack -

I wonder how Rich Franklin would do as a full time coach. Always seemed like a real student of the game, plus he knows how to teach people stuff evidently. 

Great call. Phone Post 3.0

HolyHackZack - 

I seem to remember how Matt Serra ridiculed him to the point of disrespect when, during the TUF series, Franklin suggested that Matt might come to the centre of the Octagon on all fours to avoid a kick from his opponent.

He also got a lot of flak from this forum for that, but now, years later, we are seeing fighters like JBJ doing this very thing. It seems Rich was ahead of his time!

Is Jeremy Horn retired? Murillo Bustamante? Both great coaches.

Big Nog is a very good active fighter/coach at heavyweight. Phone Post 3.0

TTT Phone Post