What are Frankie Edgar's keys to victory?

In his forthcoming fight at UFC 125 with Gray Maynard, Frankie Edgar will try to solve the Maynard puzzle; while aiming to not only retain his lightweight title, but overcome the only person to hand him a defeat in his Mixed Martial Arts career.

Last time, Maynard did what Gray Maynard does best-- physically overwhelmed and outwrestled Edgar. What does Edgar have to do this time around to defeat "The Bully?"

What are Edgar's keys to victory in this fight?

Avoid the clinch/takedown and outstrike him.

Overwhelm him with quickness and technique.

Use a gun?

Stick and move, in and out, outwork him. Avoid TD. I think Frankie could do damage if he got his own TD and got on top. Also showed his bjj is legit vs BJ and I think is better than Maynards.

Bore him to death?

Punch to Da Face.

Keeping it standing. I doubt many can win a decision against him his speed and workrate win rounds so easily.

Everyone knows what Edgar is going to do, so the real question is what game plan Maynard will use this time around. Has Edgar improved that much since their first fight, maybe, and if so that could make all the difference since the first fight was a decision loss for him. Then again, maybe BJ's lack of preparation in the 2nd fight made Edgar look much better than he is. We'll see...lol I'm not buying this pay per view.

foot work foot work foot work!!!

sid step create angles and punish gray for coming in. make gray hesitant and then its edgar all day. thatsasier said than done. i hope gray isnt just too big for frankie. frankie should know what got him in trouble last time and im sure hes put in the work to fix it. do not i repeat do not wrestle with gray. bust his ass everytime he gets close to you. uppercut and move like he did with BJ. i hope he pulls this off. i really like frankie and no matter what i will remain a fan.

Run in a throw haymaker after haymaker and lose a decision, but fuck, at least he's not like GSP who totally sucks by winning all the time and not getting KTFO.

Stick and move, get on the horse, avoid takedowns and get a few takedowns of your own.

In and out, dont let him set up the shots, just constant movement, and keep him guessing with takedowns of his own. Don't need to be takedowns at 100 % strength, because Gray will likely outwrestle him if it turns into that, but more of the faked shot attempts, like what Bader did against Lil Nog. Get in like you're going for a double, or get to his side like you're going for a single, and then release the legs immediately, and fire off a combination in the pocket before getting out of his range.

And if it goes to the ground, I think Edgar will be able to outscramble Gray and keep him from maintaining top position for round after round.

Run Run Run dont get taken down.

he has no hope.

Frankie lost the first time because he tried to out wrestle a larger wrestler. He should stick to using his boxing(hand speed advantage).

keylockarmbar - foot work foot work foot work!!!

sid step create angles and punish gray for coming in. make gray hesitant and then its edgar all day. thatsasier said than done. i hope gray isnt just too big for frankie. frankie should know what got him in trouble last time and im sure hes put in the work to fix it. do not i repeat do not wrestle with gray. bust his ass everytime he gets close to you. uppercut and move like he did with BJ. i hope he pulls this off. i really like frankie and no matter what i will remain a fan.

standing ovation

I like to see intelligent posts lol.

yup

dont get taken down

Footwork

Open up more with strikes.

I think Frank will win handily. The first fight was hardly a blowout. Maynard never kept Edgar down for a significant length of time, and no one was damaged or in sub trouble at any point.

A five-round fight will give Edgar more time for his speed and striking advantage to pay off. I think he is also better on the ground than he used to be. If he can reverse BJ Penn, he can probably do the same to Gray if Maynard takes him down.