What are some "how did they not tap?" MMA fights?

I'm not referring to fights where a fighter didn't tap and was subsequently put to sleep or had a limb broken. This was inspired by a recent post asking who the fighter was that rolled out of an armbar and came back to win, which ended up being Corey Sandhagen vs Iuri Alcantara (great fight).

What are some other MMA fights where a fighter was put in a very bad position via submission, yet somehow was able to overcome and escape? Bonus points if they came back and won the fight afterwards.moca adapter2

Jon Jones vs Vitor

1 Like

Hardy vs gsp arm bar

6 Likes
Sherlock bonesalot -

Hardy vs gsp arm bar

Seconded. Came to post this one.

1 Like

Hughes vs Royce

Nevermind.

Ben Henderson vs Cerrone

Ben Henderson vs Pettis

Ben Henderson vs Varner

all in the WEC. Ben is a pretzel......

1 Like

I cringed hard when Randelman wouldn’t tap to a kneebar by Shogun. I don’t recall any official damage but that was hard to watch. IIRC the ref stopped it anyway.

SomeoneToDoYourDirtyWork -

Ben Henderson vs Cerrone

Ben Henderson vs Pettis

Ben Henderson vs Varner

all in the WEC. Ben is a pretzel......

Ben Henderson was the first person I thought of when I read the title of this thread, he seemed near impossible to tap out. Then Pettis went and made it look easy in their second fight.

I’ll add Matt Hughes in his 2nd fight vs Trigg, that   rear naked choke after the ball shot looked really tight. Even more impressive was his slam and choke on Trigg after getting out of it! 

3 Likes
Keyboard Cowboy - 

Hughes vs Royce

This

Rousey Tate

I haven't watched it in a decade but GSP vs Mayhem and Saku vs Royler

Frankie Edgar vs Tyson Griffin. That knee bar was only a few seconds, but it felt like an eternity!

Also Hughes surviving the rear naked choke against Trigg after the nut shut, only to do the running power slam and end it with his own rear naked choke. All of this following some shit talking build-up where Hughes mocked Trigg for not defending the choke in the past.

^Shit, should of read the thread first. Hughes/Trigg was already mentioned.

nog and renzo both had arms broken by kimura cuz they wouldnt tap

nog tapped after

Lurker99 - Frankie Edgar vs Tyson Griffin. That knee bar was only a few seconds, but it felt like an eternity!

Also Hughes surviving the rear naked choke against Trigg after the nut shut, only to do the running power slam and end it with his own rear naked choke. All of this following some shit talking build-up where Hughes mocked Trigg for not defending the choke in the past.

Griffin and Dos Anjos. That calf slicer looked brutal.

1 Like

Parisian vs. GSP. GSP continually at risk before he exploded out of submissions with unnatural strength.

1 Like