What are some "how did they not tap?" MMA fights?

What was the fight when Jon Fitch kept getting out of crazy deep rear naked chokes?

wiggum - What was the fight when Jon Fitch kept getting out of crazy deep rear naked chokes?

GSP?

Sprawl'n'Stall - I cringed hard when Randelman wouldn't tap to a kneebar by Shogun. I don't recall any official damage but that was hard to watch. IIRC the ref stopped it anyway.

My buddy was there. He said randleman stuck around after the event and signed every single autograph wanted, while hobbling around on one leg, instead of / before going to the hospital.

Made it sound like his knee was indeed fucked.

1 Like

I'm not referring to fights where a fighter didn't tap and was subsequently put to sleep or had a limb broken. This was inspired by a recent post asking who the fighter was that rolled out of an armbar and came back to win, which ended up being Corey Sandhagen vs Iuri Alcantara (great fight).

What are some other MMA fights where a fighter was put in a very bad position via submission, yet somehow was able to overcome and escape? Bonus points if they came back and won the fight afterwards.moca adapter2

issue solved!

Belcher vs Palhares...

Rich Crunkleton

Sherlock bonesalot -

Hardy vs gsp arm bar

Maybe I’m wrong but I think Gsp just didn’t want to break his arm so he didn’t crank it all the way

1 Like
Jack London -

I’ll add Matt Hughes in his 2nd fight vs Trigg, that   rear naked choke after the ball shot looked really tight. Even more impressive was his slam and choke on Trigg after getting out of it! 

First fight that came to my mind! Second was GSP's armbar on Hardy was the second. I still believe GSP held back a little simply because he was afraid he would tear Hardy's arm off. 

![](upload://wkO94bBOMcO8v5r324iwGuHjHxU.jpeg)

Kanehara has Michael McDonald in a deep arm triangle. McDonald escaped out the back and rear naked choked Kanehara in seconds.

Rich Franklin escaping Travis Lutter’s armbar and coming back to win.

He talks about it on here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8L3OG-fl9tE

2 Likes
Sprawl'n'Stall - I cringed hard when Randelman wouldn't tap to a kneebar by Shogun. I don't recall any official damage but that was hard to watch. IIRC the ref stopped it anyway.

I believe that was one of the first events I watched live on the computer, I was kinda late into the streaming thing. Absolutely painful to watch. Haven't rewatched it but as I recall they just layed there after all the scrambling was over and Randleman was pretty much just suffering, showing all the pain he was feeling, and it went on for a good long time. 

I think he was popped for roids after that (or he hid one of all the staph infections and got in trouble) and also had a bad knee injury from the kneebar, he did not "walk away" from it just fine. I think he humbly told the commission he would sit out his time and specifically told them he would not go over and fight in japan and a short time later, he was fighting in japan… 

Keyboard Cowboy - 

Hughes vs Royce

To be fair, Royce was never going to tap. The only reason why his arm wasn’t broken was b/c Hughes didn’t actually want to break his arm. Therefore, it doesn’t meet the criteria posed by the OP.

I mean the topic says im 20hrs late so how the fuck is hughes vs newton not mentioned yet?

Frye not tapping to Shamrock's heel hook in Pride.

I remember Bas yelling "JESUS CHRIST" because he was cranking it so hard.

1 Like

![](upload://5CHnlbuIHJqRpVCVKoyuxx4nEth.gif)![](upload://rHPrXLCRoeABRgJshSUUwrw0HaG.gif)