What are the best concerts you have been to?

These two might have been my best.

Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Alice in Chains.

Ministry, Sepultura, Helmet.

What are some of yours?

lol too funny. Mine was Ministry at Lollapalooza 92 Phoenix AZ guess that was a pretty good tour ;)

People will think Im trolling, but I got dragged to an ICP show a long time ago, and it was the best time I ever had at a concert in my life. It was wild, loud and really good in a sleazy carny way, I mean really good. And I finally got what was up with the faygo, that was next level.

Never got into them but I get what people like about the jugallo experience.

As weird as it sounds...

Tech N9ne and Paul Wall did a show and it was incredible. How those two ended up touring together is beyond me, but the show completely destroyed expectation.

Other than that...

A 1 day festival headlined by Linkin Park and Chris Cornell. Chester and Chris doing Hungerstrike by Temple of the Dog was fucking incredible live.

RenatoCocopreta - People will think Im trolling, but I got dragged to an ICP show a long time ago, and it was the best time I ever had at a concert in my life. It was wild, loud and really good in a sleazy carny way, I mean really good. And I finally got what was up with the faygo, that was next level.

Never got into them but I get what people like about the jugallo experience.

Were you wearing the face paint as you typed this?

Smashing Pumpkins (original band members)

House of Pain, Cypress Hill, Rage Against the Machine

Mountain Goats in an art gallery with like 50 people there. 

Pelican's first show at some dude's house. 

MOTO at a record store with literally 0 people there besides my friend and I at like 11am on a sunday. 

Marnie Stern at a small bar/venue. 

Peanut Butter Wolf and J-Rocc at the empty bottle. 

Envy at a small bar/venue.

Those are the first that come to mind. 

Helmet/Faith No More

Slayer & Sepultura double header, with System of a Down supporting, at the London Astoria in about '98

Meshuggah at Arctangent 2019

Donington Monsters of Rock 1996 (Paradise Lost, Fear Factory, Korn, Type O Negative, Biohazard, Sepultura, Kiss, Ozzy)

Biffy Clyro in Birmingham 2013

John Wick - 

Helmet/Faith No More

Been to a ton of FNM concerts and they never failed to produce a great show

Seen alot of great bands but one of the most entertaining shows I ever saw was Babymetal. They were at a festival , I had never heard of them. The people we were camping next too talked us into going to see their set .  Amazing stage show

Not to mention I got to see Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Alice in Chains for 15 bucks!

Back in the late 80s, early 90s, I had a couple of friends who worked for a local record store and the local rock station. A few of my friends and I would get tickets all the time and we saw just about EVERYBODY who came through Indianapolis.

My favorite shows:
KISS
Metallica
Steve Miller
MC Hammer
No Doubt
AC/DC
Billy Idol
Aerosmith
Cypress Hill
Warrant
Firehouse
Def Leppard
Pearl Jam

The worst:
Rancid
Motley Crue
Bush
Guns & Roses
Social Distortion
The Why Store
Local H
Seven Mary Three

Metallica on their "Ride the Lightning" tour in a very small concert hall (actually W.A.S.P. headlined but nobody was there to see them, Anthrax - also very good - was the opening act).

No pyro, no light show, just four guys in jeans and t-shirts showing why they were on the verge of becoming the kings of metal.

Bonarro in 2010 was pretty great. I saw Stevie Wonder, Weezer, Jay-Z, Fogerty, Gwar, The Flaming Lips, Blues Traveller, The Black Keys....I could go on and on about that weekend. The Kings of Leon did Trani and at that time they didn’t really do that song live. It’s probably the best rock and roll song of the past 20 years. 

Then I came home and went to Tom Petty at Sask Place a few days later. That was a great run. 

Neil Young in The Brandt Centre in 08 was very memorable. 

I saw the Black Keys again in a little venue here in Saskatoon that was probably the most fun I’ve had at a concert ever. Those guys can put on a show. 

Every fricking Metallica show I’ve ever been to. 

I went to Motley Crüe when I was a kid. It was the first concert I ever went to without a chaperone. My buddy Tyler and I went. I think I was 13 or 14. There were boobs everywhere!!  Chicks were flashing like crazy. I’m not sure I even really watched Crüe play really. THAT was a great show. 

I could just keep going. I don’t know if I have a favourite. I took my kids to some kids concerts back when they were little that I had as much fun at as any adult concert too. Too many over the decades to pick. 

Good thread. 

1 Like

My wife drags me to concerts constantly. Weird Al is the only one I’ve ever enjoyed

I was a Director for Tower Records so I couldn't even get to all the concerts that were available.  Ones that stood out as amazing:

John Fogerty at the venue downtown; maybe 1,500 people. Just bad ass from beginning to end.

Garth Brooks when he was in his rockstar mode in 1993.  Backstage passes, the whole experience had the "he's the biggest artist on the planet" feel.

Garth Brooks at the Wynn.  Around 2011 or 2012.  Complete 180 from the above experience.  Extremely small venue and he literally was talking to people in the audience; having full conversations.  One guy said he went to college with his wife Trisha.  Out comes Trisha to the stage and she remembers the but not the guy.  Great show that detailed what music influenced his music as he grew up and wrote it.

Celine Dion in 92 I think.  It was our annual conference and she wasn't "Celine Dion" yet so, unknowingly, I was thinking "damn, this girl has an amazing voice"  hahah.

Snoop Dogg when he was still Snoop Doggy Dog in 94 I think.  It was right after the release of his first album coming off his HUGE debut on Dre's "The Chronic" album.  The energy in the crowd was awesome.

Sturgill Simpson (not while I was at Tower) when "A sailor's guide to earth" had just come out.  Saw him in a great venue in Oakland, CA.

Run DMC / BeastieBoys

Fishbone

ACDC

Cypreas Hill

Beck

The Roots

De La Soul

Van Halen

Foo Fighters, Tom Petty

RHCP

Pearl Jam

Nirvana

new years eve, 1991

1 Like

Samoa - 

I was a Director for Tower Records so I couldn't even get to all the concerts that were available.  Ones that stood out as amazing:

John Fogerty at the venue downtown; maybe 1,500 people. Just bad ass from beginning to end.

Garth Brooks when he was in his rockstar mode in 1993.  Backstage passes, the whole experience had the "he's the biggest artist on the planet" feel.

Garth Brooks at the Wynn.  Around 2011 or 2012.  Complete 180 from the above experience.  Extremely small venue and he literally was talking to people in the audience; having full conversations.  One guy said he went to college with his wife Trisha.  Out comes Trisha to the stage and she remembers the but not the guy.  Great show that detailed what music influenced his music as he grew up and wrote it.

Celine Dion in 92 I think.  It was our annual conference and she wasn't "Celine Dion" yet so, unknowingly, I was thinking "damn, this girl has an amazing voice"  hahah.

Snoop Dogg when he was still Snoop Doggy Dog in 94 I think.  It was right after the release of his first album coming off his HUGE debut on Dre's "The Chronic" album.  The energy in the crowd was awesome.

Sturgill Simpson (not while I was at Tower) when "A sailor's guide to earth" had just come out.  Saw him in a great venue in Oakland, CA.

Holy shit... that reminds me of one.

Saw Snoop Dogg and Game on 4/20/2005.

I happened to be managing a Sprint store that was next to their hotel and a bunch of security came in and I hooked them up with some free shit and got some free, amazing tickets.

Those motherfuckers somehow hotboxed an entire ballroom/small arena. I really don't remember how good the performances were, but god damn it was a great time.