What are the best instructional set on Escapes?

Hi guys, I was just wondering what you think is the best instructional series on escapes from various positions, submissions and how to combine them etc?

On a side note, how many instructionals deal with surviving and escaping against MUCH, MUCH larger opponents for example 145kg (319lb)? And if so how much do the escapes actually HAVE TO change to protect the bottom person from injury just due to the tremendous size difference?

I found Bill Cooper's escape to be pretty good. Phone Post

Kesting's videos with Emily Kwok are good.

Bill cooper
Telles

Both got their good points Phone Post

Gustavo Machado's Great Escapes & Counters

This is a good one if you're more advanced, as it focuses more on sub escapes and counters as opposed to just positional escapes.

MGinAction.com Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for the input so far guys! I have Michael Jen's stuff which is solid and yes the sock totally suck! ;-)

I haven't seen Bill Cooper's so I'll have to check them out, the same goes with Gustavo Machado's Escape set. Thanks guys!

And ttt for MGinaction! :-)

Definitely interested in checking out Emily Kwok's stuff as well! Seems very interesting...

youtube

JJK - Definitely interested in checking out Emily Kwok's stuff as well! Seems very interesting...

good choice,also ck out gracie Torrance,almost a 180 in thinking about those types of escapes

I must admit I really like Demien Maia's Science of Jiu Jitsu series and his dvd on escaping side control!

I was hoping Ryan Hall who seems to be an extremely analytical guy, would put out a series focusing solely on escapes (mount, across side, Knee on belly, north south, back). Maybe Viele can make it happen.

With Mike Jen, didn't he say his escape system is completely different now than what he showed on video years ago? He made several posts saying how impossible it was to pin and control his teacher, Joe Moreira. Does Moreira have any escape dvds?

Gracieunversity Phone Post 3.0

12 - 
JJK - Definitely interested in checking out Emily Kwok's stuff as well! Seems very interesting...

good choice,also ck out gracie Torrance,almost a 180 in thinking about those types of escapes

How do you mean...?

GrahamJ - 
12 - 

How do you mean...?

for 1,its a given (at Torrance) a bigger guy is going to get you flat on your back, they wouldn't teach you to leave yourself exposed to avoid it.
so any escape is going to start from your back.

Emily is as legit as they come,so I don't mean any disrespect.just 2 different thoughts when doing the same move.

Wasn't having a go: genuinely interested.
I've wanted to see Ryron do a 'Survival/escapes' instructional since Metamoris 1: would love to learn his secrets as that aspect of BJJ has always fascinated me since I read Saulo's book, and discussion of Helio.

TTT for JJK

Jasonbaldy - I was hoping Ryan Hall who seems to be an extremely analytical guy, would put out a series focusing solely on escapes (mount, across side, Knee on belly, north south, back). Maybe Viele can make it happen.

With Mike Jen, didn't he say his escape system is completely different now than what he showed on video years ago? He made several posts saying how impossible it was to pin and control his teacher, Joe Moreira. Does Moreira have any escape dvds?

I agree Ryan would do a great job with an escape series dvd! Very detailed and analytical style! I'd love to see it happen!

I think Joe Moreira has some REALLY old dvds(tapes) from Panther but his English was TERRIBLE back then! No doubt he knows his stuff as I have only heard good things about him!

I am attending a superseminar with Rener in a couple of weeks, I'll be sure to ask him for his take on the situation! And thanks for the feedback guys!

On a side note, I notice that no one has mentioned Saulo's stuff. Was I the only one who found some of his stuff hard to put into practise against good guys?