What are your favorite 5 movie directors?

I don't have a very good knowledge of older era directors. Modern favourites;

Wes Anderson

Coen Bros

Jarmusch

Jonze

Lynch

1. Stanley Kubrick
    2. Quentin Tarantino
    3. Martin Scorsese
    4. David Fincher
    5. Spike Jonze

I couldn't even name 5. I think you guys like movies a little TOO much.

. Phone Post 3.0

Libero21 - I'll start us off

1. Martin Scorsese- best gangster movies of all time and consistently makes classics and is very original. ( Departed, Goodfellas)
2. Quentin Tarnitino- makes some of the coolest movies ever made and also an amazing writer. ( Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown)
3. Wes Anderson- one of the most creative directors in modern time, his work is intricate and makes amazing movies. (Rushmore, Grand Budapest Hotel)
4. Cohen Bros.- very diverse filmography with unlimited creative ideas. With Classics ranging from the 80s till today they deserve more praise then they are given. (Fargo, No Country For Old Men)
5. Steven Spielberg - no list is complete without Spieljew. With some of the most influential movies ever made, he has solidified him self as one of the best of all time. ( E.T., Jaws, Indiana Jones )

Honorable mentions:
Sergio Leone
Spike Jonze
Francis Ford Capolla
Robert Zemeckis
Harold Ramis
David O. Russell
Woody Allen
Mel Gibson
Clint Eastwood
Roman Polanski
Ridley Scott
Tim Burton
James Cameron
Ridley Scott
Tony Scott
George Lucas
Oliver Stone
Brian de Palma
Alfred Hitchcock
Stanley Kubrick Phone Post 3.0
I'm gonna catch hell........but you lost any creditability by not putting Christopher Nolan as at least an honorable mention Phone Post 3.0

ttt

Good list.
Kubrick is a master
David Lynch. Mullholand Drive is one of my favorite flicks.
Coens
Wes Anderson (but his recents ones have been bugging me)
Tarantino
Ridley Scott's Blade Runner alone qualifies him
Woody Allen but more for his writing Phone Post 3.0

Christopher Nolan
Martin Scorsese
Ridley Scott
Richard Linklater
Paul Thomas Anderson Phone Post 3.0

haya1340 -

1. Martin Scorsese- best gangster movies of all time and consistently makes classics and is very original. ( Departed, Goodfellas)
2. Quentin Tarnitino- makes some of the coolest movies ever made and also an amazing writer. ( Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown)
3. Wes Anderson- one of the most creative directors in modern time, his work is intricate and makes amazing movies. (Rushmore, Grand Budapest Hotel)
4. Cohen Bros.- very diverse filmography with unlimited creative ideas. With Classics ranging from the 80s till today they deserve more praise then they are given. (Fargo, No Country For Old Men)
5. Steven Spielberg - no list is complete without Spieljew. With some of the most influential movies ever made, he has solidified him self as one of the best of all time. ( E.T., Jaws, Indiana Jones )

Honorable mentions:
Sergio Leone
Spike Jonze
Francis Ford Capolla
Robert Zemeckis
Harold Ramis
David O. Russell
Woody Allen
Mel Gibson
Clint Eastwood
Roman Polanski
Ridley Scott
Tim Burton
James Cameron
Ridley Scott
Tony Scott
George Lucas
Oliver Stone
Brian de Palma
Alfred Hitchcock
I'm gonna catch hell........but you lost any creditability by not putting Christopher Nolan as at least an honorable mention Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

AdmiralCackbar -
haya1340 -

Honorable mentions:
Sergio Leone
Spike Jonze
Francis Ford Capolla
Robert Zemeckis
Harold Ramis
David O. Russell
Woody Allen
Mel Gibson
Clint Eastwood
Roman Polanski
Ridley Scott
Tim Burton
James Cameron
Ridley Scott
Tony Scott
George Lucas
Oliver Stone
Brian de Palma
Alfred Hitchcock
This Phone Post 3.0
Forgot Nolan, Guy Ritchie and a few others, that doesn't mean I don't think they are great directors. I have like 8 of his films, and 3 guy Ritchie movies Phone Post 3.0

Spazzo - Good list.
Kubrick is a master
David Lynch. Mullholand Drive is one of my favorite flicks.
Coens
Wes Anderson (but his recents ones have been bugging me)
Tarantino
Ridley Scott's Blade Runner alone qualifies him
Woody Allen but more for his writing Phone Post 3.0
What Wes Anderson movies don't you enjoy? Phone Post 3.0

billid - I couldn't even name 5. I think you guys like movies a little TOO much.
I own more movies then you have vote ups haha, I love film. I'm actually trying to get a few of my projects started that I've written within this next year Phone Post 3.0

kkmmnn - And your list is spot on OP Phone Post 3.0
Thanks man, not enough movie talk on the OG Phone Post 3.0

kkmmnn - Gasper Noe
George Miller
David Fincher

Just a few brilliant directors that haven't been named yet Phone Post 3.0
Fuck! Forgot about David Fincher, the king of the Brad Pitt movies Phone Post 3.0

stephen1547 -
sherlock1988 - Michael bay X5 Phone Post 3.0

God damn it.  2 Minutes late.

I liked Armageddon and the Bad Boys Series. He's a poor man's James Cameron imo with an unlimited budget for special effects Phone Post 3.0

grizz632 - Most of mine have been mentioned except for John Carpenter and Robert Rodriguez Phone Post 3.0
Robert Rodriguez is great. Desperado, Sin City, From Dusk till Dawn, and Once upon a time in Mexico. Great director, he usually writes, edits, and scores his own movies which is very impressive Phone Post 3.0

grizz632 - Most of mine have been mentioned except for John Carpenter and Robert Rodriguez Phone Post 3.0
And to be honest John Carpenter is amazing. Sorry for not including him. Escape from LA and Backdraft were some of my favorite movies growing up. Phone Post 3.0

Sex Chicken -

I don't have a very good knowledge of older era directors. Modern favourites;

Wes Anderson

Coen Bros

Jarmusch

Jonze

Lynch

Spike Jonze is so underrated. Being John Malkovich, Her, Where the wild things are, and he's actually helps write all of the Jackass movies including Bad Grandpa (which was amazing). Phone Post 3.0

Jesús X - Paul Verhoeven, funny movies, with action,violence and nudity

brian de palma

oliver stone

paul greengrass

guy ritchie
Good choices Phone Post 3.0

bigSurf6661 - Aronofsky
Boyle
scorsese
Tarantino

Hard to determine my fifth. Most of the above mentioned could easily take that spot Phone Post 3.0
Interesting list Phone Post 3.0