What are your thoughts on Gary Shaw?

hey just wondering what your thoughts on gary shaw are? he seems like a decent guy to me in the interviews, protecting diaz and promoting kimbo but what is he really like? seems like there are alot of people that do not like him on this site, why is that?

He runs a decent show, pays well, doesn't stiff us with $50 ppvs, seems like a swell guy.

yeah so far I have nothing against him. skala on the other hand...

Shaw is full of shit IMO.

look at it from this perspective. shaw is the president of pro elite. the job of the president is to guide the company in making money. oh, i forgot, he's burned through money rich brat he found daddy's credit card. hmmm. according to that definition, shaw is a complete and dismal failure.

He has been good for the sport so far.

Chappie - He has been good for the sport so far.

what the hell does that mean? this "term" get thrown around all the time, and it doesn't even mean anything. define for me "good for the sport". now. how is losing money hand over fist, promoting former street fighters, felons, and drug addicts, while making your productions look like white trash stripper parties good for the sport? and if he goes out of business this year, which the finances are heavily leaning towards, what will be his legacy? kimbo? please, stop using useless terms unless you are willing to define what you are talking about.

Chappie - He has been good for the sport so far.
He hasn't done ONE thing for the sport of MMA.

Absolute29 - 

Frank Shamrock vs. Cung Le

Rise in popularity for women's MMA.

Not astronomically HUGE accomplishments, but so far he's done ok. Given time I think we'll see some great things from his company, assuming their finances doesn't crumble from what I've been reading from various threads.

Jhonni5 - 
Absolute29 - 

Frank Shamrock vs. Cung Le

Rise in popularity for women's MMA.

Not astronomically HUGE accomplishments, but so far he's done ok. Given time I think we'll see some great things from his company, assuming their finances doesn't crumble from what I've been reading from various threads.
LMAO....nobody wants to see women's MMA...at least I don't...and what was so special about Shamrock/Le? It was a kickboxing match between two guys not even in the top 10.

"He hasn't done ONE thing for the sport of MMA"

I disagree. Shaw has already provided mma fans with a number of highly entertaining fights and has landed a deal with CBS which should help the sport grow by providing the masses with a free outlet to watch mma matches. In addition and perhaps most importantly, Shaw has created(or is in the pocess of creating) a domestic rival to the UFC which should help to increase the monetary compensation that fighters receive and help to eliminate the monopoly on the sport that the UFC has enjoyed for far too long.

Too many people on here view the sport of mma through a brand specific prism (the UFC) and attack anyone who is not affiliated with that brand. In order for the sport of mma to grow and truly become legit, it is essential that it not be monopolized and controlled by a small single group of 3 individuals.

seems super sketchy

Monsters Ball - "...and what was so special about Shamrock/Le? It was a kickboxing match between two guys not even in the top 10."

You must have hated Liddell/Wanderlei's fight and most all of Chuck Liddell's fights then. They aren't even kickboxing but rather sloppy boxing.
How you came to that conclusion is beyond me.

So far, so good.

some good replies here. any fighters have thoughts on the subject?

Gary is not the CEO of Elite as far as I know. Last time I saw, he was the Live Events President.

Shaw has done a lot for a lot of guys in boxing. I have never seen one fighter accusing him of ripping them off, and he was the one who promoted Chico Corrales after he got out of prison. One thing I like about Gary is he doesn't baby his fighters too much unlike some other promoters.

Shaw= More chins than a Chinese telephone book...

He is a good guy, a New Yorker. He is a straight shooter an has done alot of good for the sport so far.(in a very little time). He gives fighters other options and is who I choose to promote me.

NYBA

Phil B

^^^^ If Phil likes him that's good enough for me!

fucking UFC nuthuggers on the thread.

Chappie is correct.