What Bourbon are you drinking?

I know it's not bourbon being from Canada but my simple palette really enjoys Canadian Mist...

frederic - Current open bottles: George T. Stagg (144.2°), Booker's, Baker's, Old Granddad Bonded, Fighting Cock 103, Old Weller 107, Four Roses (Yellow, Small Batch, & Single Bottle), Maker's 46, and Bulleit.

You fancy!

My buddy is a collector and has thousands of dollars worth of bourbon in his house. Bourbon has become very hoity toity in the past few years. People review bourbons like they are fine wines:
"caramel notes, old leather, baked goods, dried cherries..." whatever.

now that i have bitched i really enjoy the following:

Evan Williams
Jefferson's Select
Noah's Mill
Angels Envy
Wild Turkey Select
Weller when I can find it is awesome
Sazerac

Ramon Maroni - Blantons is my special treat, Woodford Reserve as my #2, and I even like Jim Beam

I love Bourbon
Woodford was recommended to be in the liquor by another bourbon lover...my new fav I'll have to try the first one you mentioned

OCMikey -
Neph -

Wild Turkey

That 101 proof? 

I normally don't go for 101 proof, I don't like the taste as much and I've also had a few seedy mornings the day after drinking 101.

And sure, I love a lot of the Bourbons being suggested but I am not spending that kind of money on just casually drinking. I'll buy a nice bottle of Blantons or a higher rang Wild Turkey-eqse like Russell's Reserve if I'm celebrating something, but otherwise I love Wild Turkey - it tastes great and it's real bang for your buck.

Basil Hayden and Tin Cup

Woodford Reserve or Buffalo Trace.

Bullit rye with a bit of apple bourbon in it. It's quite good actually

LOTS OF GREAT RECOMMENDATIONS.....Ilike a lot of bourbons, but one that we always have on hunts and i always stock is Elijah Craig! Inalso.give it as gifts.

If you like 80proofers.....Basil Hayden is excellent.

Been trying to buy a different bottle and taste them all. Last five have been

Angels envy - great

Woodford - ok

Eagle rare - good

Makers 46 - ok

Basil Hayden - good 

Off the top of my head.....in my cabinet I have 2-Old Grandad 114prf, 2-older Elijah Craig 12y.o., 1Newer Elijah Craig (stillna very good bourbon they say is 8-12y.o. mix), 1Elijah Craig barrel proof, 2-Old Weller Antique 107prf, half a bottle of Col.E.H. Taylor Small batch, 1- Knob Creek, half bottle Basil Hayden, half a bottle of Old Forrester 1920 Probibition style, 1-Buffalo Trace....I know Im missing at least one other and too lazy to look. Ive had lots of others.

Only things I wish I had would be Blantons, Elmer T Lee and W.L. Weller 12y.o. Havent seen blantons or elmer around here in a couple years....never saw weller 12y.o. here.

NJRZY3 -
Ramon Maroni - Blantons is my special treat, Woodford Reserve as my #2, and I even like Jim Beam

I love Bourbon
Woodford was recommended to be in the liquor by another bourbon lover...my new fav I'll have to try the first one you mentioned
Woodford is great stuff. Old Forester is the same mash build with different aging (Woodford does heat cycling of their rickhouses during winter to simulate additional seasonal fluxes whereas OF does not). OF 100 proof is some good juice and better than their 86 proof make.

One that I would like to get my hands on is Heaven Hill Bottled In Bond.  I've heard it is very good and reasonably priced.  However, it is only sold in Kentucky and parts of Indiana.

Gentleman Jack

1 Like

QueenCityLurker -

Blanton's.

But the people at Blanton's also make a cheaper bourbon that is also amazing. Its called Eagle Rare and IF you can find it, buy it. Its amazing. Goes for about $34 a bottle. Next to Blanton's, its probably the second smoothest bourbon I've had.

Eagle Rare is my go to. I try to keep a good running stock of it to stay ahead because the shelves can run dry for long stretches at a time. 

I actually prefer Eagle Rare over Blantons. 

Pappy 10 year

Bookers

Jeffersons Grand Selection

Stronghold - Gentleman Jack

Jack Daniels is not bourbon.

your mums. 

Jack Fire is delicious.