What Bourbon are you drinking?

Sipping on some Old Forrester 1897....another one of my half bottles. Gonna take.it up to the ranch this weekend and finish with my partner over a campfire

Been drinking Angel's Envy lately. Really enjoy it.

1 Like

My personal favorites:

• A.H. Hirsch 16 y/o
  • George T. Stagg (15 y/o)
  • Pappy 15 y/o
  • Elmer T. Lee (NAS, but between 8-14 y/o)
  • Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (12 y/o) Batch B517 and their 140.2 proof release
  • Knob Creek 120 proof (9 y/o)
  • Widow Jane 12 y/o
  • Russel's 10 y/o
  • Willet Family Estate Single Barrel (14 y/o)
  • Old Scout Single Barrel (11 y/o)

I bounce back and forth between eagle rare and angels envy. Four roses is a go to as well.

Powdered Toast Man -

Blanton's is the best bourbon I've ever had.

#MeToo.

Incredibly I got a bottle of Blanton's today. Havent seen it on shelves here for couple years, but as I was eyeballing he shelves a worker asked me if she could help. I told her no just looking...then told her I wish you had Blantons again. She told me we might have a few upstairs.....BOOM! LAST ONE!

For things they only have a few of they hold until someone asks!

I think Im gonna crack it open and have some tomorrow night

Doesn't wick drink Blanton? Also it's expensive

I just bought two bottles of Blantons online no problem.

Au Jus - My buddy is a collector and has thousands of dollars worth of bourbon in his house. Bourbon has become very hoity toity in the past few years. People review bourbons like they are fine wines:
"caramel notes, old leather, baked goods, dried cherries..." whatever.

now that i have bitched i really enjoy the following:

Evan Williams
Jefferson's Select
Noah's Mill
Angels Envy
Wild Turkey Select
Weller when I can find it is awesome
Sazerac

I feel like a lot of this bullshit is linked to the advent of social media and people wanting to make themselves look special and niche

dcase - Elijah Craig Barrel Proof
Just picked up a bottle of this... haven't opened it yet...big aspirations for it since I rarely spend 30+ on liquor

I received an email yesterday that my local grocery store had gotten in a bottle of Weller 12 and they were holding it for me. So I go there to pick it up after work and it turns out it is a bottle of William Larue Weller (which sells for $800 on secondary market), instead. I had considered not buying it for a split second. I soon came to my senses and realized I would definitely regret passing it up.  With tax it rang up at $105.  Now I just need the right occasion to open it.

cfochs -

I received an email yesterday that my local grocery store had gotten in a bottle of Weller 12 and they were holding it for me. So I go there to pick it up after work and it turns out it is a bottle of William Larue Weller (which sells for $800 on secondary market), instead. I had considered not buying it for a split second. I soon came to my senses and realized I would definitely regret passing it up.  With tax it rang up at $105.  Now I just need the right occasion to open it.

Huge win

thats my holy grail bottle. 

Smooth Ambler brand Old Scout

Blantons

Rhetoric 25 most recently 

Just picked up 3 bottles right before Thanksgiving...... Woodford Reserve, Bulliet Bourbon, and a Jameson Caskmate IPA (not bourbon, but still pretty tasty)

Alternating between that and Eagle rare at the moment. 

Just finished polishing this off:

TFK_2nolatch4 -
cfochs -

Huge win

I didn't realize how lucky I had gotten until I was home and did a bit more research on it.

cfochs -
TFK_2nolatch4 -
cfochs -

Huge win

I didn't realize how lucky I had gotten until I was home and did a bit more research on it.

Yeah.  You got the needle in the haystack.  I would go give the manager that held it for you a high five or a handy or something. 

Im doing a pappy van winkle tasting next Thursday as well as a different one on December 15th.  Both of them are doing drawings for a good amount of Pappy.  I’m hopeful that I’ll end up with something decent.