What can we do as men?

Men who recognize the patterns and feel the burden of the patriarchal definition of gender roles may seek to be allies in the feminist work of increasing gender equality. Here are some ways to do this:

• Listen to women and youth when they speak about their experiences, and resist the urge to defend male behaviour. If you take the position that ‘men are victims too,’ you are ignoring the fact that, in most cases, men are victims as other men’s behaviour as children, or you are minimizing the severity and frequency of men’s violence against women;

• Challenge and oppose sexist language and behaviour, including jokes. Staying silent or laughing keeps the pattern going;

• Take on an equal portion of domestic work, in your job, social and home life. Women perform the majority of the world's unpaid work, and you are benefitting from this, as is your employer and society as a whole;

• Understand that male privilege is part of daily life and won’t disappear soon. Men are favoured by the system and, to make change, men need to question and challenge this every day.

Check your privilege bro Phone Post 3.0

Did your husband approve this post before you submitted it?

You should probably return to the kitchen until further summoned. Phone Post 3.0

I see Robbie still owns you. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for posting this!

I'll get right on that. Phone Post 3.0

Why the fuck would I want to give up my privileges?

Up your estrogen intake.

Donate your balls.

Grow a vagina.

Jump off a cliff.

I'm sure that will help with the dude problem.

Castrate yourself? Phone Post 3.0

My favorite part about the feminist movement is that if we all acted the way the want us to, they wouldn't be attracted to any us.