What comics have you been watching lately?

I just got into some of Marc Maron's specials.

Enjoying Joey Diaz stories on his podcast.

Caught the new Chappelle specials on Netflix.

Discovered some classic Rodney Dangerfield spots on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and just watched a Dangerfield 45 minute set he did when he was 75. What an awesome talent he was. King of the one liners for sure. Dude left comedy for ten or fifteen years to support his family and then returned and made it big.

As all time favorites I'm big on Chappelle, Rock, Pryor, Carlin, Dangerfield, Murphy, Kinison, Attell, Black, Burr, Stanhope, Diaz, O'neal, Norton, Giraldo, Jefferies, Williams, and Hedberg.

Gonna explore more of the stuff I have not heard from Maron, Martin, Louis CK, Grier, and real old stuff too from say a Dick Gregory, Dom Irrera, Richard Belzer, etc...

Does Comedy Central do standup shows anymore? I just watch standup on Netflix and youtube. Have not watched anything on Comedy Central in forever but grew up on Comedy Central standup.

The Walking Dead and One Punch Man.  I'm open to other suggestions.

Norm Macdonald and Doug Stanhope.

Burr, Segura, Jesselnik and Burbiglia are all pretty funny

Seen some Segura specials over the past couple years. Solid standup for sure.

Heard a lot about Burbiglia, just have not got to his stuff yet.

ribz - Norm Macdonald and Doug Stanhope.

I listening to a Stanhope special via youtube.

Some comics have plenty of great sets on youtube but others just don't have much there.

Stanhope wisdom- "When did they take skanks off the shelf and polish them up, repackage them and sell them back to us as milfs and cougars, bullshit, your skanks, I know you from the old days. You might trick the kids but you ain't tricking me, I love skanks, I would not be here without the skanks"

Here is a interesting compilation of Patrice O'Neal material I just came across that I thought some on the OG would like:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZbWVyWZZwk

O'Neil wisdom- "Men working with women is like having a grizzly bear work with salmon dipped in honey and the salmon get to be like hi grizzly bear, good morning..."

Knuckle Punch - Burr, Segura, Jesselnik and Burbiglia are all pretty funny

Gotta check out Burbiglia, I see he is getting pretty popular.

Anyone watch The Green Room with Paul Provenza?

Just discovered this show on youtube watching O'Neil material.

Never got into Last Comic Standing, might check that out too.

Theo Von has been fucking killing it on podcasts lately. He has all kinds of crazy stories from growing up in rural LA and is ridiculous, makes me laugh all the time.

I've always liked Rich Vos. 

1 Like

Just getting into Pryor's tonight show appearances now. Tons of stuff like that on youtube.

I've been watching a bit of Norm Macdonald lately. The love his comedic style.

A few that I don't think get mentioned enough:

Robert Schimmel

Eddie Griffin

Paul Mooney

David Cross

Bernie Mac

Gonna go back and listen to all Pryor's standup albums in chronological order this year.

Should be a fun ride.

Clichy - Theo Von has been fucking killing it on podcasts lately. He has all kinds of crazy stories from growing up in rural LA and is ridiculous, makes me laugh all the time.
This. I've also been listening to some of Eddie Murphys old stuff.

Murphy is another one, I might go back and watch all his albums and specials in chronological order.