What Commandments Do Christians Follow?

I was a Christian for 27 years and never got a clear answer from anyone. I haven't met a Christian pastor, scholar, or teacher who can clearly answer this question.

Commandment meaning a command from Elohim to His people on how to live there lives.

could you give a chapter n verse please

toelocku - could you give a chapter n verse please

That is kind of what I was looking for from you.

If Christians believe that we are free from the law and under grace then does that mean we can do what ever we want? If the answer is no than what can we do?

Christians can eat pork but can't kill anyone. Christians don't keep the Sabbath but they pay tithes.

Clarify what set of rules do Christians live by.

uh why don't you pick up the bible for yourself read it and then get back with me and i'd be willing to help you.

If not your lazy (a sin) and want me to tell you what to think instead of coming to the truth for yourself first.

thank you for your opinion

WEBZBOX - I was a Christian for 27 years and never got a clear answer from anyone. I haven't met a Christian pastor, scholar, or teacher who can clearly answer this question.

I'd be interested to hear what people from the different traditions have to say also.

this^

Whatever is hateful to thyself, do not do unto thy neighbor. That is the whole Law. The rest is commentary. Now go study it! Rabbi Hillel

MS

Ridgeback -  You are getting really obnoxious toelocku.

toelocku - uh why don't you pick up the bible for yourself read it and then get back with me and i'd be willing to help you.

If not your lazy (a sin) and want me to tell you what to think instead of coming to the truth for yourself first.

I've read all 66 books twice.

I think the answers so far on this thread demonstrate perfectly that it cannot be answered.

Christianity may well be the most confused religion out there and has managed to confuse billions along the years into thinking they know what's really going on.

For the record I believe all commandments given from Genesis to Revelation should be followed.

Mat 5:18 “For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done."

Christians believe otherwise. They just pick and choose what they feel like following. This wishy washy and uncertain doctrine is a doctrine of demons and it's fooling the whole world.

Ridgeback -  I think the best answer is the way Jesus summed up all the commandments in "Love the lord your God.... and love your neighbor as yourself."  You can get more specific.

Mat 22:36 “Teacher, which is the great command in the Torah?”
Mat 22:37 And ????? said to him, “ ‘You shall love ???? your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your being, and with all your mind.’
Mat 22:38 “This is the first and great command.
Mat 22:39 “And the second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’
Mat 22:40 “On these two commands hang all the Torah and the Prophets.”

This is obviously true. I agree, but people who are new to the faith will be confused. Love must be defined and so the Scriptures gives a clear definition of love in the following verse.

1Jn 5:3 For this is the love for Elohim, that we guard His commands,1 and His commands are not heavy,

I believe that the way we should live is perfectly spelled out in the Torah but the devil has fooled and confused people into thinking that we no longer should follow the Torah. He has fooled brilliant men into thinking that their personal understanding of how to live and giving vague guidance to people on how we should live by telling them things like what you quoted above and leaving them completely and utterly lost is good enough. If we teach what the Scriptures teach people would not be so confused and would have a better chance of living righteously.

I hate it when people ask questions and fake like they do not know the answer only to basically be lying and just waiting for responses so they can tell the people who responded the REAL answer to the question they asked....

If you knew the answer, why did you ask?

If you were wondering about other faith traditions, why comment on why you think they are wrong?

Juijitsuboxer - 
Ridgeback -  You are getting really obnoxious toelocku.

thank you also for your opinion...

btw people here don't like ?/ans. routine, I personally have no problem with it, but for some reason people don't...

if you really want the answer read the book of galatians

James 1:26-28 (New International Version)

26If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. 27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

When you ask a question you should only be interested in the answer, not using a question to set people up or try and preach your viewpoint of the gospel by using a question as a tool.

If you do not care about the answer you will receive, then do not ask the question.

Ridgeback - 
toelocku - btw people here don't like ?/ans. routine, I personally have no problem with it, but for some reason people don't...
You seem to be a bit insensitive to some social norms like calling a complete stranger lazy and the like.  Pretending to be interested in the answers of other people when all you really want to do is tell them what you think is obnoxious plain and simple.  If you don't understand why then you have some major social problems to deal with.  It makes far more sense for a person who wants to explicate his own views on things to simply write them from the start and then let people comment if they choose.  

-says the person who admitted on another thread he does the same thing then all of a sudden when its turned around on them cry about it.