What Commandments Do Christians Follow?

Juijitsuboxer - When you ask a question you should only be interested in the answer, not using a question to set people up or try and preach your viewpoint of the gospel by using a question as a tool.

If you do not care about the answer you will receive, then do not ask the question.

I marvel at you my beloved brothers lack of understanding of how the person who you say you follow did business...

Mat 9:15 And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them?

Mat 9:28 And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this?

Mat 14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth [his] hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Mat 15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

Mat 15:34 And Jesus saith unto them, How many loaves have ye? And they said, Seven, and a few little fishes.

Luk 8:30 And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.

Jhn 18:7 Then asked he them again, Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth.

The LORD OF HEAVEN doesn't ask questions because HE needs the answers....how foolish(me included).

Jesus asks questions to teach the person He's asking something.

I'm supposed to be like Him, and now that I think about it I'll continue to do this. If you don't like it don't post on my threads.

I can stand on the authority of the scripture and speak with that authority quoting the Master, or making thread on mma.tv/hg.

Ridgeback - 
WEBZBOX - For the record I believe all commandments given from Genesis to Revelation should be followed.

Mat 5:18 “For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done."

Christians believe otherwise. They just pick and choose what they feel like following. This wishy washy and uncertain doctrine is a doctrine of demons and it's fooling the whole world.

Heaven and earth did pass away.  The destruction of Jerusalem meant the end of the age.  It ushered in the Millennial kingdom of Christ.  Circumcision would be part of keeping all commandments, but the NT clearly eliminates this practice for Gentile converts.  

The way you asked this question you seemed like you were actually looking for answers.  Now it seems like it was just a pretense to tell everybody what you believe and then accuse everybody who disagrees with you as following a doctrine of demons.  If you want to share your views you should just share them rather than feigning interest in the thoughts of others.

If heaven and earth has already passed away then what is your house sitting upon today? I would guess that it is earth.

This day and age is definitely not the millennial reign of Yahushuah. The devil and his minions are still at large. There is without a doubt evil still lurking in this world. Remember that during the millennial reign the devil and his minions will be locked up and we will be free from their harassment.

Rev 20:2 And he seized the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 and he threw him into the pit of the deep, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should lead the nations no more astray until the thousand years were ended. And after that he has to be released for a little while.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones – and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them – and the lives of those who had been beheaded because of the witness they bore to ????? and because of the Word of Elohim, and who did not worship the beast, nor his image, and did not receive his mark upon their foreheads or upon their hands. And they lived and reigned with Messiah for a thousand years

Your correct about circumcision. But that commandment was specifically rescinded and addressed in the scripture. No where in the scripture does it say to ignore the rest of the commandments.

I asked questions to get people to think about what is really true. I did not mean anything else. I only want people to think about what really is the strong delusion and spirit of lawlessness.

toelocku - 
Juijitsuboxer - When you ask a question you should only be interested in the answer, not using a question to set people up or try and preach your viewpoint of the gospel by using a question as a tool.

If you do not care about the answer you will receive, then do not ask the question.

I marvel at you my beloved brothers lack of understanding of how the person who you say you follow did business...

Mat 9:15 And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them?

Mat 9:28 And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this?

Mat 14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth [his] hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Mat 15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

Mat 15:34 And Jesus saith unto them, How many loaves have ye? And they said, Seven, and a few little fishes.

Luk 8:30 And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.

Jhn 18:7 Then asked he them again, Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth.

The LORD OF HEAVEN doesn't ask questions because HE needs the answers....how foolish(me included).

Jesus asks questions to teach the person He's asking something.

I'm supposed to be like Him, and now that I think about it I'll continue to do this. If you don't like it don't post on my threads.

I can stand on the authority of the scripture and speak with that authority quoting the Master, or making thread on mma.tv/hg.

Ahh so WEBZBOX was here all along to teach us! How silly of us to actually answer his question.

Hey Ridge, do you think that demons are still around and can posses people and cause them to get sick?

I am trying to grasp your idea of the millennial kingdom.

Ridgeback - 
Juijitsuboxer - Hey Ridge, do you think that demons are still around and can posses people and cause them to get sick?

I am trying to grasp your idea of the millennial kingdom.

Its not "my idea."  I actually don't have any unique ideas where religion is concerned. It is simply the belief of amillenialism, which is what most Christians in history have believed.  There is a belief that demonic activity was bound on some level so that the gospel could spread around the world.  There is also a belief that near the end of time demonic activity would increase and many people have stated that we are in that time.  But yes in amillenialism there is a sense that Satan is bound to some degree.  

I was just wondering what you thought about all the church father references to demons and casting demons out of demoniacs, the office of the exorcist in the Catholic church, etc.

The head exorcist of the Catholic church was interviewed on the 700 club and it was a great interview.

He said that demon possession was increasing, especially in Italy where many are practicing occult religious styles. He has seen demonic activity as a huge problem in the modern day. This is the head exorcist of the Catholic Church in Italy. Aren't they amillenialist?

Is the Devil Gaining a Foothold in Rome?

By George Thomas
CBN News Senior Reporter
Thursday, January 01, 2009

Watch Low Band Watch High Band

Ad Feedback
ROME, Italy - In this predominantly Catholic nation, the devil is gaining a foothold.

"There is a greater openness towards the devil," says Father Gabriele Amorth, the Vatican's Chief Exorcist.

In fact, Rome has been called the most satanized city in Italy.

"Satanism and the occult are in fashion," declares Father Pedro Barrajón, a Catholic priest who serves in Rome.

Devil's Diabolical Influence

There are an estimated 800 satanic cults operating in the country, with more than 600,000 followers. And according to Silvano Lilli, an evangelical pastor in Rome, their numbers are growing.

"The devil's diabolical influence is growing in so many areas of our society," says Lilli."He needs to be driven out."

Leading the battle to drive the devil out of Italy is 82-year-old Father Gabriele Amorth.

"This is the room where I do my exorcisms," says Father Amorth pointing to a small room.

Devil vs. The Vatican

Not too far from the Vatican, Father Amorth uses the practice of exorcism to drive out the devil from possessed souls.

"If a person is not violent I let them sit in this armchair, and I do the exorcism here. If they are violent I lay them down and if necessary I also tie them down," says Father Amorth.

Amorth is the Vatican's Chief Exorcist and the driving force behind the Catholic Church's renewed campaign against the devil.

He shows us where he works but refuses to let us tape him confronting Satan.

"I also use oil, it's the oil used for mass, the same used in a baptism and I've seen that it works," exclaims Father Amorth.

Exorcism 101

Amorth says "exorcism is God's true miracle" to confronting the devil and his handmaidens.

"Medicine and science have cases they can't solve but which are instead solved by exorcism," he added.

The devil's growing influence has even gotten the attention of the Vatican. Last year it started offering courses to its bishops on exorcisms.

Pedro Barrajón, a professor of theology, is teaching some of the exorcism classes.

"Our bishops need to know how to confront the devil," says professor Barrajón. "They need to know how an exorcism is conducted and how to help set people free from the influence of the devil."

Beasts of Satan

Italians got a taste of the devil's influence a couple of years ago when two teenagers were stabbed, bludgeoned, and buried alive here in the woods northwest Milan.

Members of a heavy metal band named the Beasts of Satan were convicted in the double murder. One of the victims was allegedly killed because she resembled the Virgin Mary.

"Despite the fact that the presence of the satanic world is fairly widespread we only knew of rituals where animals were slaughtered," said Enzo Molinaro, a detective with the Italian police. "As to rituals involving human sacrifice this was the first case."

Forsaking Priests for Magicians

Since then, Italian authorities have been grappling with a string of murders linked to devil worship. The Vatican now has priests working alongside law enforcement officers to tackle a wave of satanic crimes.

"We invite the police to sit-in on the exorcism classes so that they can understand the spiritual and theological dimensions of this phenomenon," said Barrajón, who is also an ordained Catholic bishop.

Many Italians are forsaking priests for magicians, fortunetellers and faith healers. It's A multi-billion dollar industry that employs thousands of practitioners like Sensitive Mariano.

Sensitive Mariano, who's real name is Salvatore, claims he received the powers of healing and prophecy as a child.

Today he performs an exorcism on Esperanza, a troubled housewife whose life was falling apart until she saw Mariano on TV.

"In the name of Saint Benedict, any form of evil should leave the mind of this woman," exclaims Mariano as he places a crucifix over Esperanza's forehead. Preserve Esperanza! Come out from this woman."

Freelancers Not Welcome

But the Catholic Church insists that such freelancers are not welcome.

"They are crooks; they are not exorcists," claims Father Amorth. "It's possible to pray to God to free a person - but proclaiming themselves exorcists, they are cheating people."

But Marco Dimiti says that the Catholic Church's portrayal of Satan is part of the problem.

To many Italians, Dimitri represents the devil. He heads the Children of Satan, a group that reportedly has more than one-thousand members.

"We don't have a cult of devil worship, that would be absurd because the cult of the devil would be the cult of evil - but for us, good and evil are subjective to each individual," says Dimitri.

In 1996, Dimitri was accused of raping a 2-year old boy and a teenage girl in satanic rituals. He was jailed for 14 months before being exonerated by the Italian courts.

"True Satanism puts man at the center of the universe - and is a noble expression," Dimitri said. "I want to say to Father Amorth what I say to all exorcists. Leave people in peace!"

Father Amorth is a busy man these days. He says that every week he sees up to fifty people who claim to be possessed by the devil.

"I see a very strong presence of the devil because men are following him," Father Amort said.

Can You Tell the Real Thing?

He has helped train some 300 priests in exorcism. The key says Father Barrajón is to train the priests how to differentiate between psychiatric problems and satanic possession.

"This is the key but I can tell you that those who perform exorcisms, they just have this sense, they just know," he said. "Sometimes they look for signs like if the person is afraid of the cross or baptismal water or pictures of Christ. They shake a lot or start screaming and they may poses extraordinary strength. The priests know what to look for."

Barrajón encourages Italians to pray more often, attend church and be aware of an enemy that is very real.

"The actions of the devil are not just limited to here in Italy- his evil spirit is roaming the earth, tempting people," he said. "We are trying to educate the society and families about the dangers of his influence."

(Originally aired and published April 21, 2008)

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/360212.aspx

If the forces of darkness take hold in Italy, it may lead to more Italians buying I Fratelli Del Vampiro. I support this.

ibi your a very prolific writer...how many books have you wrote...btw check your mmail.

I've only written one book which has been published at present - The Monster Hunter's Handbook. The one I mentioned above, I Fratelli Del Vampiro, is just an Italian translation of it.

I've moved that thread, as requested.

thanks man

We are no longer under law, but under grace. Trust the Holy Spirit to guide you in all things and you will be changed from the inside out, rather than trying to force adherence to moral codes from the outside in.

That is an interesting perspective, thanks Ridgeback

WEBZBOX,

I think you might want to do a bit of research on the verse from Matthew that you quoted, it may help you to understand a bit. Jesus did not say that the law would not pass away until heavens and earth pass away, but rather, that He was the perfecter of the law, and that He completes the law, and that the law interpreted by him will last until the end of the age.

Jesus actually changes the law himself in the very next passages, some he adds to, others he cancels out, and others he corrects the interpretation of.

but the entirety of the law and the prophets are summed up in Love God and love your neighbor

rev

770mdm -  Funny, Jews follow 7 commandments of Noah and the 10 Commandments from Sinai.  Just because the 10 Commandments are more pronounced doesn't negate our observance of them.  After all they are for the nations of the world not just for the Israelites.  This idea to not follow the Laws outlined in the Torah is a phenomenon that isn't a biblical idea.  Unless you alter your idea of what is biblical. 

What laws from the Torah are binding on Jews today?

Grakman - We are no longer under law, but under grace. Trust the Holy Spirit to guide you in all things and you will be changed from the inside out, rather than trying to force adherence to moral codes from the outside in.

What scripture states this?

If what your saying is true than we can do whatever we want like kill and steal because grace is our safety net right?

reverend john - WEBZBOX,

I think you might want to do a bit of research on the verse from Matthew that you quoted, it may help you to understand a bit. Jesus did not say that the law would not pass away until heavens and earth pass away, but rather, that He was the perfecter of the law, and that He completes the law, and that the law interpreted by him will last until the end of the age.

Jesus actually changes the law himself in the very next passages, some he adds to, others he cancels out, and others he corrects the interpretation of.

but the entirety of the law and the prophets are summed up in Love God and love your neighbor

rev

It sounds like you took it upon yourself to add to what Yahushuah was saying in Matthew 5:17-19 instead of taking what he said literally. Just listen to what He said and don't make it fit your Christian thinking and you will see the truth. That is the genius of the Devils schemes. He fools you into thinking that you do not have to follow any set of rules. Rules are good. Rules guide us and keep us in check. Rules help us live better lives. To think you don't need rules is chaotic and foolish. Traits of the Devil.

Yes I agree that the Law is summed up in loving Yahuah, but remember what 1 John 5:3 says. The love of Yahuah IS that we guard His commandments, for His commandments are not burdensome. He plainly states that to love Him means to follow His commandments. He doesn't specify which commandments so it must be taken as all commandments.

770mdm -  Funny, Jews follow 7 commandments of Noah and the 10 Commandments from Sinai.  Just because the 10 Commandments are more pronounced doesn't negate our observance of them.  After all they are for the nations of the world not just for the Israelites.  This idea to not follow the Laws outlined in the Torah is a phenomenon that isn't a biblical idea.  Unless you alter your idea of what is biblical. 

I agree with you when you say that the idea to not follow the Laws outlined in the Torah is a non-scriptural idea.

I was under the impression that Jews had 613 commandments to follow. Of course some laws were for women. Some laws could only be followed with the presence of the Temple. Some laws could only be followed with the presence of a Sanhedrin Council. Some laws could only be followed during certain times. Some laws had to be followed all the time.

WEBZBOX - 

I agree with you when you say that the idea to not follow the Laws outlined in the Torah is a non-scriptural idea.

I was under the impression that Jews had 613 commandments to follow. Of course some laws were for women. Some laws could only be followed with the presence of the Temple. Some laws could only be followed with the presence of a Sanhedrin Council. Some laws could only be followed during certain times. Some laws had to be followed all the time.
are you talking about those of traditional jewish faith here

or

christians? 

because the book of galatians as i pointed out earlier is v ery clear that we are free from theburden of the law.  VERY CLEAR.