What did Kimbo get dropped by?

I know that this thread is a little late, but can someone please tell me what the fuck happened? I have never called fix before on any fight, but I went back and watched the Kimbo/Petruzelli fight again and it appears to be transparently fixed (why it would be, I have no clue). The punch that Petruzelli dropped Kimbo with traveled less than 2 inches, was throw while Kimbo was holding Petruzelli's right leg off of the ground and landed with less impact than a jab. In addition, every punch that Petruzelli threw while Kimbo was on the ground either missed or landed on Kimbo's shoulder. Why wasn't there any more of an uproar in the media over the fact that the fight was obviously fixed?

Ever heard of short distance power?

On one leg with the hip on that side of the body directed forward, no.

Dude, it was ON THE BUTTON.

Reminded me of Daiz/Lawler

Weak ass punch that was aimed PERFECTLY

Perhaps, but I boxed for 20 years and I have never seen anything like that. When time permits, you should actually go back on watch the entire fight in slow mo, including the part when Kimbo is on the ground and tell me how many punches Seth actually lands.

Chappie - Perhaps, but I boxed for 20 years and I have never seen anything like that. When time permits, you should actually go back on watch the entire fight in slow mo, including the part when Kimbo is on the ground and tell me how many punches Seth actually lands.

Ground punches were irrelevant.

The one that got hm on the chin is what did it.

He just so happened to catch him on the 'sweet spot'.

Being a boxer, you know EVERYBODY has one.

Seth was fortunate, and nailed Kimbo's.

Wasn't it Bruce Lee that raved about the 2 inch punch?

Everyone talks about what a great performance it was for Seth. I don't see it that way. He got real lucky with that strike. He was prone to get fucked up with his leg in the air and standing straight up.

Short shot to the jaw, it was a great shot really, Seth can weather a minute storm and beat Kimbo anyways.

Kimbo also suffered some physical damage to his face.

His eye was messed up after that, no matter what it looked like at the time.

I also think Seth would win if the fight had lasted longer.

He's a better fighter right now, just without the prior hype.

ummm Kimbo sucks got dropped in that street fight against some guy in dreads. Would like to see him fight Ken and get beat. Kimbo sucks is a C level fighter.

You studied boxing.

Seth doesn't box, he uses karate.

Take that punch and tell me that it wouldn't KO lots of people.

Why do people keep saying he has a glass jaw or that it was a perfect shot to the chin?
He got hit in the eyesocket/eyebrow you can tell by the gashes around his eye after the fight.

"In addition, every punch that Petruzelli threw while Kimbo was on the ground either missed or landed on Kimbo's shoulder."

Umm - the first shot on the ground was clearly a very heavy fist to the back of the head - which probably prevented Kimbo from recovering at all from the standing shot.

Not sure what fight you were watching.

flame away at me but everyone at my house when it happened thought it was a work makes no sence but it looks fake to me

Justice - Why do people keep saying he has a glass jaw or that it was a perfect shot to the chin?
He got hit in the eyesocket/eyebrow you can tell by the gashes around his eye after the fight.

Go watch it again. I thought the same thing at first.

His eye brow got busted open when he rolled to his back, and Seth punched him on the ground.

The initial hit, that dropped him, was on the chin when they were standing.

I think his eye popped out of the socket. It happens a lot with getto fighters.

To the OP,

what sort of device did you use to measure the impact of the punch? Since you implied the impact was less then a jab you must have some pretty sophisticated equipment.... ;P

that punch travelled way more then 2" by the way. And running into a punch like Kimbo did greatly increases the force of impact.

lol

IMO Kimbo was dropped with the combination of crane stance and focus all power one inch.

The same punch that KO'd Sonny Liston, the infamous anchor punch.