What Did White Guys Do During Breakdancing Years?

When the world caught breakdancing fever around 1983 and the blacks and Puerto Ricans were breakdancing on the streets, what were white dudes doing during that time?

I remember watching the break dancers in Hollywood and I don't remember any white guys standing around clapping. Where were you all? Phone Post 3.0

The worm. Phone Post 3.0

I took breakdancing classes at the ymca when I was 8 and 9. It was right after judo and I had an hour to kill before my mom came and picked me up. I just sort of started showing up at breakdancing.

I did it in a t-shirt and gi pants. One could argue that I was the first "G in a gi".

I can still moonwalk. Phone Post 3.0

I was in my room playing stetsasonic and def Jef Phone Post 3.0

I imagine we appropriated their culture and started Breakin' as well Phone Post 3.0

I recall a young jcvd getting down to some fly hip hop moves in a classic hip hop vid yall

He was white an clapping like a motherfucker,

Do you better check yourself homes Phone Post 3.0

I was 7 so I'd have been keeping it real in my He-Man pyjamas.

White Dudes were doing this

Listened to Rockit over and over. Wonder why other kids risked their lives to headspin.

Milo Kerrigan - I recall a young jcvd getting down to some fly hip hop moves in a classic hip hop vid yall

He was white an clapping like a motherfucker,

Do you better check yourself homes Phone Post 3.0
Dude, not do Phone Post 3.0

Stood around in stupid looking parachute pants and wore dumb looking Members Only jackets! :-/ Bad decade for fashion. Phone Post 3.0

Van Dam dance in the crowd

You basically had two choices then:

- Breakdance

- Heavy metal

I am uncoordinated, so I went Metal.

What did we do? Same thing we still do. Thank god daily we arent mexican or black.

We had white people break dancing here in 1983.

Then again Phil Lynott was the only black person in Ireland at the time.

They were tossing money into the hat good fellow. Phone Post 3.0

google new wave

Um...white people were also breakdancing then. Everyone was.

Ehhh...didn't The Beastie Boys invent hip-hop?