What did you think of the Swedish crowd?

The reason I´m asking is because an american friend told me he thought we swedes were pretty bad and not very vocal while my european friends said that they thought it was a great atmosphere.

I was at the event and thought it was a great fucking atmosphere where the cheers and screams increased for every take down, passing of the guard, when a guy managed to get back to his feet and so on.
Maybe it didn´t get threw to the viewers?

It felt like most of the arena had knowledge about the basic MMA strategies and skills, except for the retardedly drunk guys behind me who screamed "hit him in the face" (quality advice) for about two hours and then left when there were three fights left of the card....

So, what were your impressions of the swedish crowd?

Shit Phone Post

I don't think we can truly gauge the crowd from our homes. If you were there and thought it was great then it probably was. The only time we can really pick out shitty crowds are the ones that chant "USA, USA" and boo every time there is a 5 second break with no action.

I didn't see any clog dancing, so that was good. Phone Post

da Vinci 81 - I didn't see any clog dancing, so that was good. Phone Post

Geography fail Phone Post

TheHaunted2 -

Not really.

Scandinavia/ holland/ germany and others all are associated with them. Phone Post

Ive been to UFC events in UK and Vegas, the UK crowds were WAY better, Vegas crowd was awful.

I cant tell the difference since ive only been at the Swedish UFC.
But it sure felt good, being a Swede :)

EckY - Ive been to UFC events in UK and Vegas, the UK crowds were WAY better, Vegas crowd was awful.

I think Vegas crowds are just a bit too spoiled at this point. Nobody even shows up to see the prelims in Vegas.

da Vinci 81 - 
TheHaunted2 -

Not really.

Scandinavia/ holland/ germany and others all are associated with them. Phone Post

I will give you credit for one of the most ignorant posts in quite some time.

Good for you.

Herpaderp - seem great except i dont like that they boo guys just because they are facing the hometown guy

thats about how i feel

Herpaderp - seem great except i dont like that they boo guys just because they are facing the hometown guy

I can see your point, but I think that stuff happens quite often in most events.

And we did actually cheer the russian guy when he won, even though he beat up our guy. :)

I was at the show and I've been to a lot in the US. The crowd in Sweden was pretty damn good.

Chris - 

I was at the show and I've been to a lot in the US. The crowd in Sweden was pretty damn good.

What do you think is the big difference?

Is it the overall knowledge of the crowd, the mental state of the crowd or maybe just the fact that we up north haven´t been spoiled with events happening all the time?

ranier wolfcastle - 

thats about how i feel

me too :(

I was a bit surprised at all the booing going on for fighters facing a swede. I don't recall that happening the first time the UFC was in Stockholm.

Either way the swedish crowd is a lot more quiet than the americans or english but I personally like the atmosphere. There's not a lot of booing going on during fights like you have in the US and people applaud takedowns and guardpasses rather than boo every time fighters go to the ground. The fact that there's no real beer or drinks to be had outside of the bars also seems to help with less fights breaking out and people acting like idiots tho a friend of mine working security at one of the bars said he had to break up a pretty good fight in there.

I'd say the lack of a real main event certainly hurt the energy in the crowd, it wasn't even close to the last time when people went crazy for Gustaffson.

They seemed a 1000 times more respectful than a typical U.S. crowd.

I couldnt tell cuz I had to watch it Sunday on the spanish channel and the dubbed over audio is terrible.

Pretty good I thought. All US crowds tend to suck. Phone Post 3.0

lol ya no one else does it any place else.
specially in montreal vs gsp