What do Lyoto, Spider, Vitor, Brock have in common

Throw Nog and Carwin in there too. They're all between 31 and 34 years old.
Machida - 31
Vitor - 32
Nog - 32
Anderson Silva - 34
Brock - 34
Carwin - 34

Are early 30s the new peak age? I always thought of mid to late 20s as fighting peak....

A lot of sports are like that...

30's might be the best peak now but it will be early to mid 20's in about 5 years when the first generation of kids who grew up training start to break into the ranks.

Isn't BJ right around there too?

25-35 has always been peak physical years, were have you been

but modern pharmaceuticals has done a great job pushing elite performance into late 30's even 40's and beyond depending on the activity

A lot of the top MMA fighters have been in their late 30's. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of that list at the top of their games at the 36-38 age range.

walr?s - since when is 34 considered early 30's? LOL

Fine, I'll call it early to mid-30's, that makes it even more impressive.

All of those guys you mentioned, other than Nog, have not been through many Ko's and hard fights. I think if you're like Wand and you've been getting KO'd since you were 19 you're gonna age much faster.

Hey, i'm 34!!!! I just won my first ammy fight 10 days ago, too!!!! I'm now love me even more!!!!! For realz, playa!!!

Herschel Walker is just now peaking at 47...

greco yeoman - Throw Nog and Carwin in there too. They're all between 31 and 34 years old.

Machida - 31

Vitor - 32

Nog - 32

Anderson Silva - 34

Brock - 34

Carwin - 34

Are early 30s the new peak age? I always thought of mid to late 20s as fighting peak....
Since the dawn of time, a man's peak age is between 30-35. 

Pefect blend of physical ability, mental prowess, and checked ego.

Usually in competitive/international wrestling they don't hit their peak until around 28-34.

Humboldt JuiJitsu - 
greco yeoman - Throw Nog and Carwin in there too. They're all between 31 and 34 years old.
Machida - 31
Vitor - 32
Nog - 32
Anderson Silva - 34
Brock - 34
Carwin - 34

Since the dawn of time, a man's peak age is between 30-35. 

Pefect blend of physical ability, mental prowess, and checked ego.

For the amount of skill involved in MMA, especially at the top levels, it's really hard to accumulate that knowledge.
Most top guys have a BJJ Black Belt or Brown Belt, what's that, 7-10 years of regular training... And normally a Black belt or equivilant in Muay Thai or another striking art... so ... 4-5 years of training.
Now put it all together, plus a year or two of conditioning just to make it, a couple of years of ammy or small pro fights, and its pretty easy to get into your early to mid-thirties. Especially if you started when you were 20.
And yes, props to the supplements and things tha tare letting bodies reach towards and into the 40s as well.

LOL!  Rickson's prime

They all think Frank Mir is a fag?

I'm SURE there will be a younger peak age in the next 10 years when the first generation of growing-up fighters develops

Its more likely, because most of that group didnt start training for MMA until they were in their mid twenties. Its not like football, soccer, etc. where people start at age 3-6.

Also, Fedor/Nog/half of that group probably were better 4 years ago then they our today. Which would put them in their late 20's.

early 30's has always been the prime age for athletes. they are still athletic but much smarter and the knowledge of the game is so much higher.

the best MJ we ever saw was early 30's... anderson and fedor are great examples. If GSP stays healthy he is going to be a joke when he is 30.