What do u do if you see a website of a BJJ school

LOL blah blah blah I won the super super heavy there was a purple at 250 lbs and a open

and bull shit I was running mat 3 you dumb ass

wtf

NECKCRANK808 - LOL blah blah blah I won the super super heavy there was a purple at 250 lbs and a open

and bull shit I was running mat 3 you dumb ass

Is this a joke? Are you kidding? You won super super heavy? You ran mat 3? What are you my fkn twin or clone????? Dude you have some serious issues.
I like how you have all the diarreha of the mouth but still haven't said who you are.
There wasn't even a single match for super super heavy purple cause I was the only one in the division! You don't like how the tournament was ran take it up with Ronn Shiraki the tournament director. You are ridiculous.

i find it interesting that we know who scsubfighter is but we dont know who neckcrank808 is.

whatever scsub did or didn't do, i respect guys who dont hide behind screen names and talk smack.

if you want to be an anon. internet name that sfine but dont start calling people out with specific beefs.

coop

Wutang - 
andre - As a world champion BJJer and Olympic gold medalist in Judo, this kind of thing really pisses me off.

LMAO!

How are things going at Vladdy's, Andreh?

Hey! Things are going really well!! I wish you could drop by to visit and teach the guys something. If you are ever in El Segundo, let me know...

And, scsubfighter has been around forever and seems like a great guy...didnt realize we were talking about him!

He is a good guy.  I've been happy to take a silver when there was only two people in my division.  You can't help it if no one else shows up.  I was the second best guy there.  What's the big deal?

breakit -  He is a good guy.  I've been happy to take a silver when there was only two people in my division.  You can't help it if no one else shows up.  I was the second best guy there.  What's the big deal?

Well, it's gets a little problematic when the fact is there was someone in his division, Kelly Grishom who in fact won the bracket that scsubfighter is claiming to have taken. I don't think he's a bad guy, but it is wrong to make such claims when there was a match for him and he did not enter - plain and simple.

Are the results posted anywhere?  That or a phone call to the tournament organiser would put a quick end to this.

The results aren't posted as it was a local tourney. Not particularly large either, which makes this debate a little boring, it wasn't mundials or even a national event really...not saying Neckcrank808's wrong for bringing it up, but this is a little pointless imho

On the otherhand, I don't know why scsubfighter is so intent on continuing to make this claim that he was the only one in his bracket, he wasn't. The purple divisions were split into a 180 and under and a 180 and up. To to top it off, there was an open weight division afterwards...2 opportunities to enter and compete and he didn't

falsecrack - 
breakit -  He is a good guy.  I've been happy to take a silver when there was only two people in my division.  You can't help it if no one else shows up.  I was the second best guy there.  What's the big deal?

Well, it's gets a little problematic when the fact is there was someone in his division, Kelly Grishom who in fact won the bracket that scsubfighter is claiming to have taken. I don't think he's a bad guy, but it is wrong to make such claims when there was a match for him and he did not enter - plain and simple.

Kelly is an incredible guy and has great jiu jitsu, nothing but respect for him. BUT, we were not in the same weight. I might be wrong but I think Kelly only entered the absolute anyway which he did awesome in. Ronn told me there was nobody else in my division so asked me if I could help because he was shorthanded so I helped with the tournament the rest of the day.

andre - 
Wutang - 
andre - As a world champion BJJer and Olympic gold medalist in Judo, this kind of thing really pisses me off.

LMAO!

How are things going at Vladdy's, Andreh?

Hey! Things are going really well!! I wish you could drop by to visit and teach the guys something. If you are ever in El Segundo, let me know...

And, scsubfighter has been around forever and seems like a great guy...didnt realize we were talking about him!

What's up Andreh?? How's everything? You gonna be at the nogi Pan Ams?

breakit -  Are the results posted anywhere?  That or a phone call to the tournament organiser would put a quick end to this.

Tournament director and who I recieved the medal from is Ronn Shiraki, a very respected instructor and practitioner. He can verify everything as I've already stated. You can reach him at www.ronnshiraki.com

I agree with Falsecrack completely that this is pointless and blown out of proportion; I just don't like being called a liar. I didn't lie about anything. Like it or not how I got the first (only) in my division its how it happened.
I think NUTSUCKER808 just has a bone to pick with me and is looking for reason.

If the tournament director gave him the medal for that division, then to me, this is closed.

I don't think anyone has a bone to pick.

One person is saying he never saw him compete. The other is saying thats true, but no one else turned up so therefore he is still the winner.

Not sure why you'd even list an event with no competitors on your resume but to each their own.

Here's my personal opinion. If you're the only one that was willing to make the effort that day by signing up to compete, and no one else shows up then you deserve 1st. No apologies should be made. If you're the only one that stepped up that day, you're 1st place.

SMACDADDY - Here's my personal opinion. If you're the only one that was willing to make the effort that day by signing up to compete, and no one else shows up then you deserve 1st. No apologies should be made. If you're the only one that stepped up that day, you're 1st place.
Then I guess I've got three first medals from past tournaments I didn't even know about!  Who hooo!  Wait, I feel really weird saying that. 

The last tournament I went to there were no blue belts, only white so they tried giving me two first place metals.  I asked if I could just have my registration fees back and they denied.  They were doing the tournament in conjunction with a fund raiser for a good cause and I told them just to donate the registration fee if I wasn't allowed to have it back.  To me that was a real win from that day.

IMHO I think this is the biggest issue with claiming these "wins."  Higher ranked BJJ'ers could simply go to tournaments where they know there wouldn't be anyone at their level and claim their medals.  Seems kinda hokey to me.

this got interesting

Kelly G entered the absolute because there was no one in his division when the tournament started you came late and declined entering the absolute so you were given a medal out of pity. the two weight classes were 170-190 and 191 and up and the open

Hawaii is a small place I have no need to hide he knows where I train at and can find me very easily.

Also I went to Maui and there was no one in my division and no open so I asked for my money back which they gladly gave me and a medal which I gave back. It happens all the time im sure many people have gone through the same situation but no one brags about it or post it on a website like he accomplished something. If you have so many other accomplishments then why the need to brag about a tournament where you chose not to enter a division that you could have played in and just take the free medal.

Everyone has their opinion which is cool some think there is nothing wrong with it and some think its wrong. But there are people who entered the tournament and earned their medal which he could have played.

Hurry up and settle this I need to lose some sleep?

BJJMadMonkey - Hurry up and settle this I need to lose some sleep?

Stay tuned for yet another episode of "As the belt ties" . . . .