what do U think this MAGA Drug Punishment plan?

Trump will reportedly unveil a plan to combat the opioid crisis that includes the death penalty for drug dealers

The White House is putting the finishing touches on a long-promised plan to combat the opioid crisis.

One of the measures would be to give drug dealers who sold opioids the death penalty.-----

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-death-penalty-for-drug-dealers-opioid-plan-2018-3

So does “drug dealers who sold opioids” include overprescribing doctors and big pharma? If so, then cool.

#MAGA

I've always been for helping addicts if they're willing and executing the dealers.

I do like that there seems to be some stuff in this plan that would allocate funds to help people get treatment. Treatment over jail has proven to be a huge help. 

Facts show that big pharma is by far the most responsible for the opiods crisis explosion, yet he is pandering to big pharma and not doing shit about them. There is no mention in any article I can find about the biggest drug dealer of them all. 

He already has a record of pandering to big pharma, so any hopes that this plan will actually take them to task on their over medicating are miniscule. 

As intense as the headlines about death penalties for drug dealers sounds, the actual wording of what would be required to ask for the death penalty doesn't seem that absurd. 

I'm mixed on this. I would prefer a complete decriminalization of drugs with punishment instead being treatment options. Much like Portugal. 

This seems like some good things, while overlooking the facts on what caused this and continues to worsen it. Over prescribing for pain management. 

I'd like to know that constitutes a dealer in this situation. 

Bam57Bam -

I'd like to know that constitutes a dealer in this situation. 

All you have to do is read the article...

It would suck to be a standard MD if this goes thru

Here ya go lazy fucker:

According to a version of the plan viewed by Politico, the new death penalty cases would only apply to "certain cases where opioid, including Fentanyl-related, drug dealing and trafficking are directly responsible for death."

TheMMAn -

Why do you say That? Did I miss something about doctors/big pharma in this?

Nothing says "freedom and democracy" like mass executions!

Pustak - Nothing says "freedom and democracy" like mass executions!

Nothing says "I didn't bother reading the article" like a ridiculous respose!

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

There’s still almost nothing as stupid as implementation of the death penalty for drug dealers. Today it’s opioid and fentanyl related deaths, but what keeps a Sessions type of politician to come back later and expand it to other drugs. 

It’s as if politicians and the boot lickers that vote them in don’t understand that the war on drugs is lost and will NEVER be won. Humans will always look for a way to alter their minds and escape reality. 

BJJER -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

There’s still almost nothing as stupid as implementation of the death penalty for drug dealers. Today it’s opioid and fentanyl related deaths, but what keeps a Sessions type of politician to come back later and expand it to other drugs. 

It’s as if politicians and the boot lickers that vote them in don’t understand that the war on drugs is lost and will NEVER be won. Humans will always look for a way to alter their minds and escape reality. 

I agree with you 100% on everything you just said. I am 100% for decriminalization of all drugs.  I was only commenting on what a ridiculous comment that guy made.

I'm a known Trump hater, and I don't necessarily agree with capital punishment for drug dealers who cause the death of someone. That said it's idiotic comments like "mass executions" that make liberals and anti-Trumpers come off as idiots.  

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
TheMMAn -

The biggest opoid pushers out there (docs and big P) should be in line along with the others, if this were to become a thing

TheMMAn -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
TheMMAn -

The biggest opoid pushers out there (docs and big P) should be in line along with the others, if this were to become a thing

Oh I agree. However there is about a .00001% chance that big pharma is held accountable in this "plan". In fact I wouldn't be shocked if whatever ends up passing has specific wording to make sure they are all protected from these new "drug dealer" laws. Pathetic. 

Here is a good Op-Ed that basically mirrors how I feel about the opiod crisis, and Trumps "plan":

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/by-trumps-logic-on-death-penalty-for-drug-dealers-big-pharma-should-be-first/

A short excerpt from a decent read;

On Thursday someone with ties to the Trump administration leaked information which indicates the president plans to execute drug dealers in an attempt to curb the national overdose death crisis. But absent from the president’s yet-unannounced policy is any accountability directed toward the billion-dollar pharmaceutical pain-killer industry largely responsible for the nearly 60,000 yearly overdose deaths which have surpassed 200,000 since 1999. If it’s true the president plans to apply the death penalty for street-level heroin dealers, the same punitive measure, logically, should be applied to the pharma-cartel as well.

To clarify, the Free Thought Project is not advocating for the death penalty for anyone. Government violence has not and never will be able to stop the sale and use of substances deemed illegal by the state. However, by this logic, the producers of pharmaceutical opioids are culpable under this alleged penalty. Rest assured, however, that they will undoubtedly be excluded from it due to their elite status and influence in the government.

Sadly, the president’s plan to apply the death penalty to heroin dealers further perpetuates the failed War on Drugs, and it will do nothing to stop opiate overdose deaths. However, it will likely solidify the pharmaceutical industry’s place as the number one drug dealers on the planet.

....According to the federal government’s own statistics (drugabuse.gov), 86 percent of heroin users reported their addiction first started with opioids. Any serious attempt to stop the overdose death crisis now ravaging the country must start with a scientificly proven approach — which is ending the drug war — the exact opposite of what Trump proposes.

And to be clear - i am against this stupid proposition.

I believe every adult has the right to put into their body whatever the hell they want.

But it's evil to just go after street dealers, when every person i know that has been hooked on opoiods got their start with doctor prescriptions following an injury or operation.

Throwin'Knuckles -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
TheMMAn -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
TheMMAn -

Oh I agree. However there is about a .00001% chance that big pharma is held accountable in this "plan". In fact I wouldn't be shocked if whatever ends up passing has specific wording to make sure they are all protected from these new "drug dealer" laws. Pathetic. 

Isn't it up to the doctors who actually write the script? I mean all types of drugs can kill you.. but you have to get a script for them. Right?

there have been plenty of doctors in my area who have been shady or got caught writing shady scripts.

Yes it is ulti mately up to the doctors. 

Those doctors have been bribed, incentivized, and lied to (about how addictive and dangerous they were/are) by big pharma for decades now. 

We are seeing progress on a small handful of some of the pharma boys getting arrested and charged for it, but is not enough.